Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3 (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Was it the ship that crashed into the ocean with the X-Men, after which emerged the Phoenix?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Xben:
Was it the ship that crashed into the ocean with the X-Men, after which emerged the Phoenix?

That would be the one! (The ship was a space shuttle and, technically, it was Jamaica Bay it crashed in, but I ain't splittin' hairs!) See guys--it weren't so hard! [Big Grin]

Yer up, Xben!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Jamaica Bay is directly connected to the ocean, at least. My parents had a funny story about boating there with friends many decades ago, and getting lost in the marshes at night.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
It was the fact that "new" was in quotation marks that made me think of it.

New question soon.

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

With what hero were Dave Lincoln, Victor Lanza, Claudia Shane, and Harvey Lockman associated with?

--------------------

The truth set me free

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm. Don't recognize them, so I'm thinking pulp characters for some reason. So....Doc savage?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Xben:
It was the fact that "new" was in quotation marks that made me think of it.

New question soon.

Yep, that was a significant part of the clue!

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll guess the Shadow

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Neither is correct, although I can see how a list of names like that is a bit reminiscent of Doc Savage's band of helpers.

HINT: It's a character owned by one of the Big Two.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it is Orion.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

That's it. He rescued the four normal humans from Apokolips (I think they were scanning their brains for clues to the anti-life equation) and they became his little entourage on earth in his ongoing war against Darkseid's minions. I haven't read the all of Kirby's New God's yet, so I don't know where (if anywhere) it all ends up for them.

They're a funny group of characters because just about each issue they seem to feel compelled to mention their own names out loud, and talk about how out of their depth they are (eg, "What about it Lincoln? I'm Claudia Shane, simple but worried secretary! What am I involved in this time--?" "And me, young but cool, Harvey Lockman!" etc.)

--------------------

The truth set me free

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
I think it is Orion.

Good gravy, Quis! How did you get Orion from that clue?!?!

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
they do seem like 70sish sort of names.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I actually remember the name Dave Lincoln and knowing it was from one of the big two sparked the memory. I actually almost said the Forever People, but then realized Xben said "hero".

My question:

Name the heroes who teamed-up with Batman in The Brave and the Bold at least 5 times.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

How many are we looking for, Quis?

--------------------

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.