Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3 (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
The Gentleman?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Atomicus?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Atomicus it is! You are up, Lard Lad.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What do Trustwell, Zee Hernandez, Wilson and his "grandsons", Parco Delgado, "the ghosts" and Decade Later all have in common?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Tough one, eh?

Clue #1: The commonality between these is they are/were characters/entities in a particular self-contained series.

But which series?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Blue Beetle?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Blue Beetle?

No. "self-contained" is a clue itself.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

are they all Mechanics?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
are they all Mechanics?

Is "Mechanics" a series? [Confused]

In any case that's not what I'm looking for. Basically, I partially answered my own question by revealing all the characters were from the same series and that they didn't appear anywhere else. So what we're left with here is the name of the series.

So, to clarify slightly, we'll give another clue:

Clue #2: The series I'm looking for is not part of a shared universe (i.e. it's not a DCU, Marvel U, Charlton, etc. book). That's what I meant by "self-contained".

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Mechanics was a follow-up miniseries to Love And Rockets. That was my shot in the dark.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Clue #3: The series in questioned ended this year.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Man! Not even a guess?!?!

Okay, let's see if this rings a bell before the clues get TOO obvious:

Clue #4: The lead character's name is Matty Roth, and he's a journalist.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never read it but that name sounds familiar...

DMZ?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

That's the one, Blacula!

It's kind of sad to me that this excellent series is so under the radar that it took so many clues to get the answer. Trust me, guys, DMZ is a worthy member of the Vertigo pantheon of geat series. Try it, whydontcha?

Your question, Blacula!

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
These are the secret identities/real names of 25 DC characters that are used in the Spanish translations of DC comics. The first person to give me the regular, English name of all 25 characters gets the next question.

1. Bruno Diaz
2. Ricardo Tapia
3. Diana Perez
4. Dina Rosas
5. Rafael Rivas
6. Susana Rivas
7. Raul Jordan
8. Bruno Alba
9. Carlos Vela
10. Carlos Lara
11. Mirna Lara
12. Oliverio Reyna
13. Diana Rios
14. Adan Luna
15. Zitana
16. Barbara Fierro
17. Gil Garza
18. Oscar Liberal
19. Corvina
20. Luisa Lane
21. Pedro White
22. Jaime Olsen
23. Lina Luna
24. Comisionado Fierro
25. Arly Quin

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.