Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3 (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Thriller?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
nope. good guess though.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
no takers?

okay... I am going to twist the rules, since many of my potential Qs are more obscure than many of your central areas of interest.

I am going to offer up five - yes, five - questions. Whoever correctly answers ONLY ONE of them wins the round.

1. What limited series, generally but not always considered outside of regular DCU continuity, presented DC's first lesbian character in 1984?

OR

2. Who killed Bran MacMuffin?

OR

3. What comic book character was exiled from Zimbabwe just as that nation took form?

OR

4. In what 1980s comic book could one find a villain named P.J. Harvey?

OR

5. In what comic book was there a small town that, as a tourist attraction, held a funeral for a five-legged cow every day?

please specify which question you are answering.

1. Angel & the Ape?

5. Man-Eating Cow?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Sun Devils?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Quis, no and no.

Xben, yes! Sun Devils. Miste was the specific character.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't remember Miste in particular, but the clue was (other than the year) the fact that it is only occasionally considered part of DC's main continuity. I remember Rik Sunn, his potential girlfriend and his enemy all showing up in a Dan Jurgens Superman story that sort of helped to wreck my memory of the original mini series.

I have no idea about your other questions, although P.J. Harvey is a vaguely familiar name.

I'll have a new question soon.

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Was that Sun Devils character before Camelot 3000?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

It was not. But since Tristan was a man trapped in a woman's body, s/he was more transgender than a lesbian per se, imho. Similarly, Isolde was in love wirh Tristan; gender seemed to be secondary to her, not a matter of preference.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Sun Devils were also mentioned in a 52-related story, but apparently did not appear.
Xben
Deputy

Irene Meriwether was sort of a Lois Lane-variant to what semi-analog to Superman? And what comic series did these characters appear in?

--------------------

The truth set me free

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Supersonic in Astro City?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Not Supersonic. I don't recall who that character is. But it is Astro City. I'll give a hint - the character's nicknames was "Tom."

--------------------

The truth set me free

Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Samaritan, then?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Supersonic was the grey-suited, older hero who appeared in an issue of Local Heroes... and now that I've written that, I realise he wasn't actually the character I meant to put for this question. I was actually thinking of that other character from Local Heroes - the one who wears a black and silver (I think) costume. I can't remember what his name is.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Not Samaritan. I think probably Blacula is on the right track.

--------------------

The truth set me free

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.