Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3 (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll start the ball rolling -

The Metal Men
Green Arrow
Wildcat

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
I actually remember the name Dave Lincoln and knowing it was from one of the big two sparked the memory. I actually almost said the Forever People, but then realized Xben said "hero".

My question:

Name the heroes who teamed-up with Batman in The Brave and the Bold at least 5 times.

Lardy, By my reckoning 9 co-stars fit this bill. 7 others fall short with just 4 appearances.

Blacula is correct for 2 of his 3 guesses.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Alrighty, let's go for it:

Green Arrow
Wonder Woman
Metamorpho
Elongated Man
Wildcat
Hawkman
Aquaman
Flash
Green Lantern

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
You have 5 correct answers.

And of your wrong answers, 3 of them were of the 4 appearances.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Are teams included in this question, Quis? Or just solo heroes? 'Cause, from memory, it almost seems like every fourth issue in my B&B collection is a Metal Men team up.

If not, here are my guesses for the +5 appearances:

Green Arrow
Wildcat
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Flash
Wonder Woman
Spectre
Adam Strange
The Atom

And for fun, here are my guesses for the 4 appearances:

Hawkman
Metamorpho
Plastic Man
Black Canary

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Blacula,

You have 6 of the 9. And yes, teams are included. I will also give this part up. The only team that had at least 5 appearances was the Metal Men.

I won't comment of your 4 appearances guesses as that would necessarily give you clues as to the at least 5 appearances. I will say that one hero topped them all with 10 appearances.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

^ haha. I knew I wasn't imagining all those Metal Men team-ups. [Smile]

OK, here's another go -

+5 appearances -

Metal Men
Green Arrow
Flash
Green Lantern (who I think has the most)
Aquaman
Atom
Wonder Woman
Black Canary
Sgt Rock

(And for my own fun):

4 appearances -

Wildcat
Metamorpho
Hawkman
Teen Titans

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Well Blacula, you are mostly correct. You got all 9, but it is Green Arrow who scores the most appearances.

Also, it was 7 others who were the 4 appearances. Those being: Teen Titans, Deadman, Plastic Man, Wildcat, Metamorpho, Hawkman, Spectre

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

^ Deadman, of course! I think I'd mentioned all the others at one point or another but I totally forgot about him.

Brave & Bold was such a fun comic. I wonder why team-up books aren't as popular anymore.

OK, here's my Q -

Sherman Hemsley (recently deceased lead actor from 70s/80s hit comedy, The Jeffersons) once played which Superman villain on screen?

[ August 18, 2012, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
The Toyman, on Lois and Clark.
with Isabel Sanford as his assistant.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ Winner again!

I was really surprised when I read that in his obituary. Very out-of-left field casting.

And by my reckoning, that makes Winslow Schott, Toyman, one of the very few Superman villains to have received a live-action portrayal on screen (the others being the obvious Lex Luthor and the Phantom Zone trio of course), because, for some annoying reason, most Lois and Clark and early Smallville episodes tended to shy away from official comics villains. I remember Mr. Mxyzptlk turned up on the old Superboy series once or twice and a few more showed up on later seasons of Smallville, but for the most part they've been really ignored unfortunately.

Your Q, Kent.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

What limited series, generally but not always considered outside of regular DCU continuity, presented DC's first lesbian character in 1984?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Random guess - Cinder and Ashe?
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

nope!
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

no takers?

okay... I am going to twist the rules, since many of my potential Qs are more obscure than many of your central areas of interest.

I am going to offer up five - yes, five - questions. Whoever correctly answers ONLY ONE of them wins the round.

1. What limited series, generally but not always considered outside of regular DCU continuity, presented DC's first lesbian character in 1984?

OR

2. Who killed Bran MacMuffin?

OR

3. What comic book character was exiled from Zimbabwe just as that nation took form?

OR

4. In what 1980s comic book could one find a villain named P.J. Harvey?

OR

5. In what comic book was there a small town that, as a tourist attraction, held a funeral for a five-legged cow every day?

please specify which question you are answering.

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.