Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Nasty Genie (Page 77)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 88 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  86  87  88   
Author Topic: Nasty Genie
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Granted. Although, with your new-found underwater breathing abilities, you are also granted the traditional "sub-aquatic human" ability of telepathically communicating with fish.

The novelty wears off very quickly as you soon realize that all fish think nothing but, "Swim, swim, swim, swim, swim, swim, swim, swim, swim, swim, swim, swim, swim, eat, swim, swim, swim, swim, swim, swim...."

I wish the fellow at the next desk would stop talking so loudly on his phone.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Granted. You now share a cubicle and he uses your phone.

I wish I didn't have such a huge backlog of work piled up.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
Granted! All of your tasks are given to a younger man... your replacement, YOU are Fired!

I wish for an end to racism, sexism and ageism.

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Granted. The human race has just been wiped off the face of the Earth.

I wish they would do away with Daylight Saving Time.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
(You know that's just how I thought the genie would grant the last one. Kind of takes care of Daylight Saving Time too, doesn't it? But of course he doesn't like to repeat himself.)

Granted. The genie having no concept of DST just went ahead and eliminated Time entirely. And now, among some rather basic existential problems, everyone's favorite Time Trapper stories are now out of continuity.

I wish Time would come back.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Granted! Unfortunately, it's been privatized by Government "austerity" hounds and sold off to the highest bidder: The Greyhound Bus Corporation.

If you've ever been on a Greyhound bus, I shouldn't have to explain any further. [Roll Eyes]

I wish I had a fantastic, novel, inexpensive homemade food item ready to take to my buddy's birthday party this afternoon.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Granted, with no magical twists. But only because the Genie knows exactly how likely it is for the tasty treat to actually make it out of the house.

I wish I had one of those with the same flavor, only with less calories.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Granted. Too bad you don't get to try it, since cleome ate it too.

I wish I were a world-famous male model and actor.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Granted! You are now a world-famous male model and actor. You are so well-known and lusted after that you cannot leave your house without people throwing themselves at you. Ultimately you become a recluse. Your fingernails grow to be ridiculously long and you walk around with Kleenex tissue boxes on your feet.

I wish Brian Unger would do an episode of How the States Got Their Shapes from my neighborhood, spot me and fall madly in love with me.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Granted. Brian Unger loves you so much; he gives you chocolate and flowers every day, takes you on these awesome vacations all around the world, and makes mad passionate love with you (and lets you do whatever you want to him!).

Too bad you just don't feel the spark, and end up seeing him as just a friend.

I wish I had a personal coffeemaker at work, that could make whatever drink I wanted it to. For free and without needing to be refilled.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Granted! Unfortunately, it runs exclusively on dilithium crystals, which don't actually exist.

I wish the cats were friends, and would quit fighting with each other all the time.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Granted. They have decided you are the common enemy. Good luck when you turn out the lights tonight.

I with they hadn't included the Legion in the "soft relaunch".

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Granted. There is no more Legion at all.

I wish the next person to post has a happy, rewarding, fulfilling life.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Granted. Wow! I'm so happy right now about the thoughtfulness of that wish that I ... what's that?
[Calamity King]

(...I wish I wasn't dead now...)

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Granted. Time is altered so you actually died BEFORE your life turned happy, rewarding and fulfilling.

I wish we could all attend the next Legion World get-together.

--------------------

This topic comprises 88 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  86  87  88   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.