Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 36)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I only got three things:

Daredevil #18
Hellblazer #295
Unwritten #41

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I got the latest/current week issues of:

Walking Dead
Sword of Sorcery
Fables
Peter Panzerfaust
Daredevil
Revival
LSH

Plus:
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century 2009

[ September 20, 2012, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Bought the kids two 4 dollar dvd's.

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and the latest Spy Kids movie.

They were both excited for both.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Action Comics #0
Batgirl #0
Batman #0
Batman & Robin #0
Earth-2 #0
Green Lantern #0
Legion Lost #0
Superboy #0
Worlds' Finest #0

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
In this order of enjoyment:

Wolverine and the X-Men #17.

I DEMAND ALLRED DRAW WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN ALWAYS!!! This was one of the best comics I've ever read. yes *ever*. It was a day in the life of dupe, reminded me of a Buffy episode.

I giggled profusely, and throughout! Its rare a comic elicits an emotional outburst from me while I'm reading it.

The only thing I absolutely hated about the issue was ... next months cover. ha! It had Craplocks the Pheonix on it. boo! Issue #17 was a welcome and much needed departure from the ... just plain boring shit show of the A vs. X event.

New Deadwardians #7 of 8. (sadly)
Shit just got real. and then ... there's a twist ...and then shit got more real. Best issue of the bunch. Its really got going now. I wish I got it as a trade though so I could read the mystery all at once. 8 issues just isn't enough.

Batman Incorporated #0
Frazier Irving can get me to buy anything. The story was quite nice too.

Ozymandius #3 (was good, the art made it, long fight scene seemed to drag, no real new info beyond the original Watchmen series. I'm enjoying the perspective of the smartest man in the world.)

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I am really enjoying comic books a lot more since I hacked my titles in half. Comics are good again! and something I do to enjoy rather than ... watch my favorite characters be butchered. literally and metaphorically.

Ozymandius ... is on the border though, without the art it would be a *no get* also since its a short term book I can commit. Part of the appeal is just the coolness of the character.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lessee. This week I got the following new books released this week:

Amazing Spider-Man
Punisher
American Vampire
Happy
Invincible
Mind the Gap
Dancer
Debris
Angel & Faith

Plus, one book from two weeks ago I had my comics pimp order for me which came in:

Stumptown Vol.2 #1

(Now, just HOW many of those are DCnU? [Hmmm?] )

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I also grabbed Stumptown v2 #1 but haven't read it yet.

FYI, Debris is one of the coolest series of all time. I'm loving the hell out of it! The artwork and coloring is possibly the single best delivery in 2012.

And Dancer has been terrific! Fantastic high paced crime / spy / thriller! It's a rare series where the action is so well written and drawn that I can actually admire every panel.

Love both of these minis.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

You got that one? Did you read the first volume? I really liked it.

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Copy of Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #1 signed by Len Wein and a few back issues of LSH and Alpha Flight.

Also got my shipping notice for my regular comics, should have it in a few ddays and see what I got there

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

You got that one? Did you read the first volume? I really liked it.
My problem was I got some of those issues but not all of them. I couldn't for the life of me find #1 after checking like three CBS when it came out. Some of the comic book stores didn't even know what I was talking about. I also missed #4.

I did like what I read though. I never took the time to hunt those issues down.

Stumptown is exactly the Greg Rucka series I want to be reading. Crime / detective / strong female lead / rural / noir.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I got v1 fairly cheap (basically cover price including shipping) in an eBay lot last year after hearing good things about it and knowing it had all those things going for it that you mentioned would automatically appeal. I think all or most of the issues in the lot were 2nd printing, but I never really care about that.

The art and story were engaging. It's maybe not really "noir" so much, though...I'd say it's more of a realistic take on what a modern private eye's cases and lifestyle might really be like. The female lead Dex is very down-to-earth and nothing like a 'Modesty Blaise'-type at all. Also, the twists are more natural, instead of being in there for optimum shock value. I'd compare it more in style and tone to the excellent Boom! series The Rinse, which both of us enjoyed.

I also liked how the sense of setting was so well-done. Rucka sets it in his hometown of Portland and artist Southworth uses extensive reference (as shown in the back text pages) to make it authentic.

Anyhow, I believe there's a trade out there, depending on how many issues of the four you're missing. Also, eBay and mycomicsshop.com (especially the latter!) are good places to find individual issues.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I looked and the website I mentioned has every issue in stock. I'd say that if you already have #2, you're in good shape. I HIGHLY recommend this site! [Yes]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I never even knew about this site before! Very cool! Thanks Lardy!

It's awesome for grabbing single issues / filling gaps!

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If you spend fifty bucks, shipping's free. Plus, if you subscribe to their newsletter, they have weekly passwords that give you an extra 10% discount on certain groupings (ex: DC titles A-L, westerns, horror, etc.).

The coolest thing about the site is that they really don't seem to gouge you! You can get trades and a lot of back issues already discounted off the cover price!

(And no, I don't own stock in the company! [Razz] )

--------------------

This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.