Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » TRUE BLOOD (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: TRUE BLOOD
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Tonight's episode had a heavy emphasis on drama and danger. Not a lot of humor. Intense and frightening...

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Thoughts from tonight.

Erik and Sookie are HOT together.

As are Tara and her new man! But he has a hold on her that I don't like. Didn't we just go through that with MaryAnne? Tara also goes to Eggs funeral where no one shows but her. And Sookie. Tara and Sookie reconcile, YAY!

Sam and his new brother. I'm not real thrilled with this story. And Bill bores the living hell out of me. It did make me sad seeing him bury his son.

Pam cracks me up... As does lafayette.

Jason as a cop? Heh! Good to see him and Tara bonding again.

Arlene confirms her pregnancy. She is further along than she thinks.

The Bill - Lorena scene at the end... Uh.. Gross.

Alcide is HOT HOT HOT!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Could it be that Alcide is the hottest man on the show yet? How is that even possible?

I'm not sure of the timing between seasons. Is the implication that the father of Arlene's baby is Rene?

[ June 27, 2010, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Jerry, I was wondering the same thing.

Either that, or it happened during the "parties" at Maryanne's. That seems to have just happened though, so my guess is yes.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

I know that the books revolve around Sookie, but I really don't find her as interesting as I do the other characters. I wish that Alcide would fall for Tara.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Jerry
active

The show has certainly evolved with its growing cast, and so many fun characters. Sookie is still the show's heart, to me. Anna Paquin's just perfect in the role. She's not a typical beauty, and she makes mistakes. She has a good heart and never backs down from a fight. I loved the scene in the second episode when she told Eric not to underestimate her, and he responded that she shouldn't underestimate herself and how important her safety is. He nailed it.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Mattropolis

I guess the best comparison I have is that she reminds me of how the Scarlet Witch used to be played in Avengers. Everyone either wants her or wants to kill her.

It bored me with Wanda and it bores me with Sookie.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Jerry
active

Okay, I'm scared for Pam. With so many new characters, there are bound to be some deaths this season. She's in a precarious situation.

Good for Arlene for finally giving it to Sam about her workload. Sookie hasn't worked a full shift in two seasons, Sam's always off somewhere, Tara's off to Mississippi, and Lafeyette is out selling vampire blood. Plus, the last two new waitresses got killed The girl needs someone she can depend on. Jessica? Right. This should be fun.

[ July 11, 2010, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Bill I am really done with. I despise Lorena and that Mississippi king who is also in cahoots with those scumbag werewolves.

Sam's family is going to be nothing but trouble although I hold out hope he and his brother can be friends in the end.

Arlene and Jessica I am looking forward to. I wish we could have seen the followup to Hoyt watching Jessica glamour her old Church friend.

I am still a fan, but I can't believe no one is calling out this show for its repetitive storylines:

1. Bill always being someone's captive (Lorena, Queen Sophie-Ann, the Mississippi King and Lorena again)

2. Sookie's house getting broken into/taken over (Rene, Maryanne, the werewolf, the new British vampire)

3. Tara someone's mental captive (Maryanne, the new British vampire)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

I've been thinking of a way that repetitive story lines might work to our advantage. How many people have been killed in the parking lot of Merlot's? Sam's parents are really irritating. They were planning to spend the night in their RV thingie in the parking lot. Seems like the perfect opportunity....

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Mattropolis

If each season ends with a dead body at Merlot's I will be happy.

However, I do agree with Lash about Bill. I was never a fan anyway, but now he just gave up (pretty easily IMO) and will probably except Sookie to return to him once he extricated himself from this mess.

I can't decide about Tara and Franklin. I know its wrong the way he treats her but I find it kinda hot.

Alcide does make me like Sookie more. He brings out a rougher side of her that is very very welcome.

Jessica had some great line!

Layfayette and Eric have great chemistry together! And poor Pam! Somebody save her!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Jerry
active

Love is in the air.

Lafayette and Jesus are a good match.

Jason's new girlfriend is a pretty mystery.

Terry and Arlene happy at last?

Tara playing hard to get for all the right reasons.

Hoyt on a date, but not with Jessica.

Speaking of Jessica. Great scene where she glamoured the customers into not giving Arlene a tip. Funny.

[ July 19, 2010, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I babbled forever about this episode last night on Facebook but for the record, here...

THIS episode was better than any in Season 2 and shows Season 3 kicking into HIGH GEAR. Loved every minute, especially:

TARA deciding to play Franklin, then that taking a horriffic turn...

JESUS and LAYFAYETTE ("It's only 9 hours...")

TOMMY flirts with JESSICA (I like him, but what is the DEAL with the Mom and Dad? they are effed up royally and I hate them).

TALBOT smitten with ERIC (I feel your longing, Talbie...)

JASON the shirtless police-trainee brat, JESSICA the hypno-brat, ALCIDE and SOOKIE's chemistry, BILL finally growing some nads...

This season is coming together nicely for me!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

I still don't like Bill. I don't think I ever will. But Tara is amazing.

Jesus and Lafayette make me smile.

Sam's parents creep me out. I want them gone.

Talbot, like everyone else I know, wants Eric.

Sookie with Alcide makes me like her a little.

I hate that we didn't get to see any of Pam last night.

Arlene and Terry are the down to earth couple amidst all the crazie crap.

And what did Sookie do at the end?

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Mattropolis

And Franklin MOtt is a whiny vampire. He should be no match for my girl Tara,

--------------------
Touch the magic...

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.