Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Dieters Support Thread (Page 68)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  73  74  75   
Author Topic: Dieters Support Thread
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
That damn program at the gym tried to kill me tonight. It had me start out with 25 minutes at around 6 miles an hour for about fifteen minutes, and then some smaller cycles.

I manage to finish, and then it sends me to the weights. 'bout halfway through, it sends me back to the treadmill, and then the inclined cycle.

I've dropped about 6 lbs in the last week, and for my size, I'm getting a might light at 219 lbs. But i'm startin' to feel drained all the time, between the weight loss and the diabetes and the med for it.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Went for a run today... felt good... thinking about signing up for a 5k or something to give me a goal...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually just started a 5K training program today. I figured I do the couch-to-5K version. Even though I'm not exactly starting out at couch, I figure I'm out of shape enough that it probably wouldn't hurt to build up gradually. Plus I bought a pedometer! After all the buildup reading about how difficult it is to reach 10,000 steps a day, I was actually disappointed by how easy it was for me.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
... Have you SEEN my status. I went to the gym once last week. and for a run one day last week.

I threw out my scale because it wasn't working. It said I lost 20 pounds in one day. And I weighed myself the day before!

damn scale was making fun of me.

My biggest accomplishment so far in week one, seems to be not over eating or binge drinking! [Big Grin]

I have to go to a wedding the first week of june and I know there's going to be a lot of pictures taken .... and ... yes ... scared of those pictures!!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Went running again today...

EDE, my friend did a couch-to-5K program and did really well... I've looked at it and think I could probably start somewhere at the midway point...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, with my elbow they switched me over to mostly cardio and legs and trunk. I have a few small exercises to do for my arm, she called it small muscle work for a chronic sprain.

Probably shouldn't have used the bush ax and slingblade today but believe it or not, that doesn't hurt. What did hurt was using a hoe to kill a snake that got to close to Sam. Thing was dull as dishwater and thudded into the ground, which sent a shock up to my elbow.

I used a tasty analgesic to blot it out last night, but its giving me hell today.

Still, if you want to get rid of some flab around the stomach and chest, that'll do it.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Down 10 pounds... somehow in the insanity that is my job right now, I have rediscovered my motivation to go to the gym... been running a lot...

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Good work Sharky!

I ran 5.5 miles on the treadmill in 65 minutes today.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

That's awesome, Quis! You must feel great...

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
10 lbs down...slow progress, but progress...only about 70 more to go...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Good going, Dev!

Went for a run today... there's two runs coming up I'm thinking of doing, a 4 mile and a 5 mile... finding the road much tougher than the treadmill...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
No more f^&%$ing around; losing weight and excercising is now a matter of health. As in, do I wanna stay healthy or do I wanna drop dead before too long? I'm afraid I've couch-potatoed as much as I can afford to. Can't go without excercise any more.

So my plan is to document my excercise daily here. You all please feel free to ridicule and berate me if I do not report in daily.

Up early and knocked out 40 situps. Not bad since it's been months since I did a sit-up. Let's see how many push-ups I can now manage... *cringes*

10... uggh. It's a start. *gasping*

More later today, for sure.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

15 minutes logged in on WII Fit; will def. do more later today.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

30 more situps for a total today of 70. Also, did some sweaty-hot yardwork at Grandparents... think I am done for today.

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Good going, Lash! Keep it up!

Doing a four mile run this weekend... at least going to attempt it [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  73  74  75   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.