Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Dieters Support Thread (Page 67)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  73  74  75   
Author Topic: Dieters Support Thread
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay. I actually went down 2 lbs...to get to my target starting wight this week. I want to get down to 240 with this first round.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Six pounds in one week!

Sadly, that's gained not lost... too much of a good thing while on vacation...

Back to the drawing board...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As of today, I'm down 22 pounds, with 25 to go.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Right now I can't exercise much with my elbow, so I'm trying to control my weight by eating less, and avoiding anything with sugars, obvious and hidden.

I will be very glad when me elbow heals. That band I have to wear around my forearm is a pain in the posterior.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Down 8 lbs total from my highest on the scale. not a bad start...long way to go.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats, Dev. Keep at it.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Good going, Dev!

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Another pound...9 total.
rickshaw1
Leader

I'm maintaining around 225. Little lighter than I like, but I'll take it.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Dev - Em
KIA

I'd love to be at 225, but alas...that's about 76 lbs away.
rickshaw1
Leader

well, it depends on your frame more than anything. I'm six foot four. I get down to the "Ideal weight" according to the old scales, and I look sickly.. and feel sickly too.

good news is, I've gotten approval to join a health facility gym with a counselor for strength training. According to them, that will help with the diabetes.

My last checkup a couple of days ago was really positive. Great kidney functions, and all my hard work at staying away from all the foods I love (natch) has it under much better control. I told them my ulitmate goal was to get off the meds all together.

It sucks to have to save up all week just to have some popcorn on sunday, but thats what it takes, that's what I'll do. thats what a family history of diabetes will do for you.

I'm sure you've all heard the joke about the dog that has one ear, one eye, three legs and answers to the name lucky. Well, that was my granddad pretty much. One eye, one and a half ears, one leg, and most of the toes gone on the other foot. My dad has had many complications with his as well. Gonna try and do my best to stay away from that.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Dev - Em
KIA

Ric...

I'm also 6'4" and diabetic (Type I for around 28 years at this point.

So I hear ya.

SharkLad
Wanderer

Been hitting the gym more regularly... getting back to following the weight loss program I've followed successfully in the past... need to drop at least 10 pounds to start feeling comfortable again...

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

I just started at a health gym last night, did the intial setup. could have been better, but some old injuries kept my scores down. Only thing that was a real concern was the oxygen meter, whatever the heck that is. I walk a lot in the woods and that meant that the twelve minutes on the treadmill were a piece of cake.

--------------------

Something pithy!

future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I work out at home. I'm 5'8" and around 155/160lbs. Toned to muscular frame but I work hard at maintaining it. My Greek heritage makes me prone to obesity (meaning if I didn't work out I'd probably be as wide as I am tall). I try to cut down on the sweets more and more every day. I'm lucky to have my health and thank God for that everyday!

My heart goes out to you guys with the type1D ... my mother and Cathy's father are walking in your shoes.....

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  73  74  75   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.