Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Dieters Support Thread (Page 72)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75   
Author Topic: Dieters Support Thread
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
One way I cope with stress eating is to prep a lot of raw veggies. I realized that with stress eating, it's the act of chewing and NOT the taste of the food that helps me cope.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay. I hit the high again at the beginning of the year. 310 lbs. I am down to 303.5 at this point.

I want to get down to 230.

Time to make some really big changes.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
You can do it Dev.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

That's right,just go at it slow and steady!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've dropped 15 pounds in the past four weeks... another five would be great... you never know when you might have to race through the streets of Kenya with a rucksack on...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
As of today, I have cut out all pop (or soda - depending on your location). That should help a but. I may allow myself one a week, but that's it. One cup of coffee, tea and water for this guy as of now.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Keep going up and down a few pounds... went to the the gym this morning... been hard to get back into a routine since going on vacation last month...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Finally hit the 10 lb mark. Just eeked the scale to just under 300 lb's. It's a start.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I'm down to about 140 lbs, but I lost a bit of muscle. Been exhausted with work lately... I worked out yesterday, though, and will again today. Have to get ready for our company outing [Wink]

--------------------

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
If you take l-glutamine it should drastically reduce any loss of muscle. The loss comes from the body taking glutamine from muscle for the other organs when you're not getting enough.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Thanks Shining Son! I'll keep that in mind. Now I get why protein shakes are so important.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

According to the scale, I am down 25 lbs since the beginning of the year when I was at my heaviest ever.
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats Dev! 25 lbs is a good number.

Due to my seasonal work at the post office, I usually lose a bunch of weight in November and December (when everyone in New England is packing on their winter weight, to survive the cold!), and then gain a bunch in January instead.

Cutting out sugar-y sodas was a huge part of getting me down from 'so big I have diabetes' to 'insulin makes me pass out,' so that's definitely a good idea, to phase that out.

I used to drink a dozen Mt. Dews over the course of a day, and I still drink a 2 liter bottle of sugar-free Coke or Pepsi (whichever is cheapest, 'cause I'm a total miser) every day, but it's so much easier to keep below 250 without the sugary colas.

Finding alternate snacks can also be fun. Pink grapefruit are great for me because I spend a half-hour picking all the white junk off before eating it, and that stretches the experience out and means that I snack less during the day. Hard-boiled eggs and pistachios are also favorites for snacks that require a bit more work than just tearing open a package and shoving them in my mouth. [Smile]

Wow, just noticed that Rick has trouble drinking water, too! People always look at me when I complain about water giving me a stomach ache, or 'tasting oily.' They're all 'water doesn't have a taste!' and 'water is good for you!'

Eh. Water. I love swimming in it, but I grew up on a farm, in a part of the county where the water tasted like sulphur, and all I ever drank was milk, milk and more milk.

[ April 21, 2012, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I am a Insulin dependent diabetic, and have been for 29 years already.

I cut out almost all soda (diet of course) and only have one or two a week...fell off that wagon a few days ago, but it was a passing thing.

I also am on my feet for 10 hours a day, at least 5 / 6 days a wek at work. So even if I am not walking around, I am still moving around a little bit. I play my mp3 player and bounce gently to the music...just to keep moving.

Seems to be working so far.

Going to be riding my bike to work soon, as soon as I get it ready. 6 miles there and then back should help. Only about 1.5 miles of it are on the road, and over half of that is a lightly traveled road.

SharkLad
Wanderer

I haven't hit the gym in weeks... weight keeps fluctuating... lack of motivation and major stress at work are keeping me down...

--------------------

This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.