Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Dieters Support Thread (Page 71)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75   
Author Topic: Dieters Support Thread
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I started at 254 lbs. I am now in the low 230s. A few more pounds, and I will be in the 220s. Honestly, over 20 lbs gone, and I still can't see the difference in the mirror.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe your body is just taking time to adjust, lance. or, how often do you look at the mirror? If you weigh yourself or check the mirror every day, you won't notice differences as much.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

So how are y'all doing?

My and my [Love] have booked a beach getaway for late January, so we're both working hard to get into beach body shape.

Quite a challenge, though - Christmas season is upon us, which means lots of rich food. And I have a desk job that keeps me sitting down upwards of 12 hours a day...

I'll be switching jobs soon, though. Hopefully the better work environment and the more reasonable hours will give me more energy.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm plugging away, but haven't had the success I've had other times I've gained weight... guess it does get harder as you get older... has anybody tried P90X?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't just fall off the wagon...I broke the danged thing.

Here's to trying again though...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
My brain does a happy dance every time it sees a date square. I used to be so disciplined about my weight and lately I just haven't been, and it shows. Ugh.

Now with Xmas coming, temptation is worse. Really, my dog should run free and I should be on the leash.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I've tried P90X, Sharky. It's good, but it's tough to stick to it! First time I tried it, it took me 2 hours to finish a one-hour session cause I kept taking breaks.

Keep at it, though. It'll get easier.

[Cheers] to all of us for trying our best!

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Keep working at it. I'm losing weight the hard way, I've been doing the remodeling on my folks home. Lemme tell you, when you wanna lose weight and all else fails, hard physical labor and eating non-sugary foods, laying off the soda's will do it. Can't drink a lot of just straight water cause it tears up my stomach. But unsweetened tea... yeah baby yeah.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
How does water tear up your stomach?
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Back on the treadmill today... put on a bunch on weight in December... heading to Florida mid February... hoping to be down a bunch by then...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As is usually the case when I avoid this thread, I've gained weight. As many of you know, 2011 was a very stressful year for me and there was a lot of stress eating. I'm back on Weight Watchers, which I know works when it's followed. I have an idea about the exercise thing. More later.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I have actually been quite good about going to the Y and working out and running on the treadmill. I alternate; I do one one day, and the other the next. Mostly I like to check out the females getting fit. Good motivation to go, anyway. I am not losing much weight, but a few weeks ago I noticed that my tshirt wasn't touching my tummy when I was standing up.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Lance's experience perfectly illustrates my point made on this thread last July about also watching the mirror and not just the scale. [Smile]

Congrats on managing to build muscle and lose fat at the same time, and especially on the all-important "bigger pecs than belly" milestone. In 2011 I've unfortunately passed that milestone going in the wrong direction.

With the frozen shoulder that started last summer, I've been unable to keep my pecs at their peak, and while I could have gone out walking more often to at least keep the belly down, I... didn't. So now even sucking everything in the best I can manage is a two-pack. [Frown]

But I've just been cleared to start pushups again, and hopefully I'll get back in the swing of things and back to my medium-confidence self. I've slipped down to "looking great for my age" and want to get back to looking good without the damn qualifier.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Down seven pounds the first week! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Nice going, Rocky!

Hit the gym again today... trying to be good about what I eat... emphasis on "trying"

--------------------

This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.