Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Dieters Support Thread (Page 70)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75   
Author Topic: Dieters Support Thread
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats Lance! And I don't think 177 at 6'3" is ideal either, especially if you've got any muscle at all. At my muscle peak I think I was 177 and I'm just over 5'11.

Rock, what I wanted to relate is if you started building muscle, to not forget to take that into account while watching the scale. Meaning watch the mirror too. I've seen people worry that the number isn't going down and totally miss the fact that their pecs are getting bigger while their waist and butt were shrinking.

Muscle is twice as heavy as fat, so if you're building muscle while burning fat you might not see much movement on the scale, but you'll look a lot slimmer.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Shiny. I'll keep everyone posted as I figure out what to do.

As for my first week back on Weight Watchers, as is usually the case when I go back on program, I lost big: nine pounds! I know that's not a healthy amount to lose after the first week and I don't expect it again.

Taking baby steps to increase activity, I've started doubling the length of Hyvvie's morning and evening walks most days. I hope to build back up to running with him again--I know he likes that! [Smile] [Krypto]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the second week brought a loss of another four pounds. I fully expect that will slow down a bit now. I still have 34 pounds to go.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
How is everyone doing?

Hang in there - if I could do it, you can too! I've managed to reach a weight of 145 lbs, down from 200. It did take me almost 5 years, but I made it!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
If you don't mind my asking, IB, how tall are you? 55 lbs!? That's amazing!
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't been "excercising" regularly but people on my Facebook probably know I've been working my ass off in other outdoorsy ways... haven't weighed but appear to be losing weight.

And am eating Cheerios now. I'll just say they are, to me, a taste I will need to grow used to. Raisins help a LOT. [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I started eating really lite, really healthy a couple of weeks ago and went from 216 to 203. My goal is to lose fat - I don't want a belly sticking out. I use the ellyptical machine at the gym. I can't really lift weights yet because I have an injured arm, so it's not about increasing muscle right now. I don't have a target weight number (I'm 5'10"). This is also about health. I have serious cardiovascular issues in my family, so I want to overcome that.

I'm using an "anti-inflammatory" diet as a guideline.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Good going, guys!

Two more pounds down here! I'm hoping to reach my target weight by November. I did some figuring and, given a little time off at the end of next month to celebrate my birthday, I should be able to make it. [Smile]

[ July 27, 2011, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

And I'm back on the right side of 200. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by lancesrealm:
If you don't mind my asking, IB, how tall are you? 55 lbs!? That's amazing!

I don't mind at all, lancesrealm, and thanks for asking. just under 5'9, but I round up [Razz] it did take me 5 years, though!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I am down to about 236 lbs so far. That is about 18 lbs from where I started a few months ago. The biggest changes I have noticed?

1) I have to tighten my belt another notch, and it doesn't feel like I am gonna bust out of it.

2) My tshirts don't touch my stomach nearly as much as they used to.

Anyway, onward...hoping to hit 220 someday.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I am currently huge... hoping to change that starting... today

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
At my checkup Weds. I was down 6 pounds from last visit 3 months ago. Slow but steady wins the race?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I went back up...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I've been going up and down these past few months, too. I'm a bit of a stress-eater. To help solve that, I've loaded my desk with apples and oatmeal so at least the closest things are healthy alternatives.

--------------------

This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.