Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Animated Legion...Anticipating THE TOYS!!! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Animated Legion...Anticipating THE TOYS!!!
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
This set from McDonalds is the "boy toy" Happy Meal. The "girl toy" is some doll with her friends that have interchangeable accessories (since girls like to play dress-up and go shopping). The target audience for these toys wouldn't want an icky girl in their set.
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, we have seen Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl way back a few years ago and they're the most popular ones because I had a hard time trying to get both of them in my hands...I asked them and they kept saying "sold out - top seller" *groan*
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion Happy Meal Toys!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
The Legion Happy Meal Toys!

call me nitpicky - I can be fuzzy...but can't help it. they misspelled Lightning Lad's name by adding an extra "i" to his name. Are there the proofreaders out available or are we too lazy? Look at the bright side, at least they got his name right on the box. that's what it is important. *whew*

Also I like the designed logos on T-Wolf, Bouncing Boy, Mano, and B-5. nice logos.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! A fellow nitpicker. That's pretty egregious in my book -- almost as bad as the Toronto science museum's "Star Trek" exhibit that had a Guinan costume worn by Whoopie Goldberg.

Anyway, I admit I broke down and did one of those eBay preorders just to be safe. At the price I got it for, I'm really just paying for shipping, assuming I would have just bought the toys. I did make an inquiry with a local McDonald's, though, about getting the whole display at the end of the run. She said they usually toss them if no one on staff wants them and suggested I come back in August to see what she could do.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to check the McD's here in town on my way to work to see if they're available yet.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Not until August 3, ActorLad. Still got a couple of weeks to go. 11 days to be exact.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
You can buy just the toys, right? How much does McDonald's charge for them?

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure. They never charge the same at different franchises. At least not here. I'll probably get the food too (maybe water and the fruit cup they have) so I can have the bag as well.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Let's see how this works.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Lightning Lad
Founder

These are the covers to the boxes that hold the figures.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Lightning Lad
Founder

Inside the boxes.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I know the official release date for the promo but as a long time collector of Kids Meal premiums it's not unheard of for them for them to get them a week or so earlier (or later). I live really close by to a McD's and it's on the way to work so I can check pretty frequently.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Is it just me, or does Lightning Lad look really pouty on his box? Anyway, cool logos! [Smile]

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

That's about all the usable images I can get. There are still two others for each including a character bio.
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.