Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Animated Legion...Anticipating THE TOYS!!! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Animated Legion...Anticipating THE TOYS!!!
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you so much for sharing these!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
I notice that they are non-posable, unfortunately. Still, they look kinda neat. Probably not more than a couple inches high.

We're going to have to collectively get a list of all of the promotional material - signs, mobiles, etc. - so we know what we have to bug our local Mickey D's into saving for us.

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I went to the Mattel/DC panel and after sitting through 30 billion Superman figures and 50 billion Batman figures, no Legion. So I trotted up during the Q&A.

The sad news is that the cartoon figures are off the schedule for now. They had some workups (obviously, since one leaked), but they've shelved it. It boils down to the fact that they're waiting for better brand recognition before launching the series. So I would guess the earliest we'll see them is next fall.

Hopefully, other licenses will come through, and the name will get out there.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I'm pissed. The three McDonalds that are on the way to work all told me this morning that the Legion/Build-a-bear promotion doesn't start until next Friday. They haven't received their stock yet. [Mad]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been going to (a different) McDonalds every night after work this week and no one even knows what I'm talking about. They didn't even give me an ETA. They just stare dazed and confused and try to give me a big wheel instead.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
i love the covers.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Stopped at the one close to home (inconvient on the way to work) and they had Timber Wolf and Superman. Got two of each and an unused box, which shouldn't change during the promotion. Also got Caroline the two build a bears since she wanted them.

______
Posted from my BlackBerry Pearl

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Darn! I was hoping to eat somewhere else tonight. [Frown]

Off to another Mickey D's tonight...

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I got lucky at two locations and snagged Superman, Timber Wolf, Lightning Lad, Bouncing Boy and Tharok for $2.50 each, without a meal. But all the other stores I visited had only Superman and/or Timberwolf, or didn't have any at all.

I'm not sure I got the whole story but one of the counter people told me that Superman and Timberwolf are the first wave and the others will follow. Here's the sequence of release advertised by one of the locations:

Build a Bear / LSH
Hearts for You & Vanilla Fudge / Superman and Timberwolf
Fru Fru Poodle & Curly Teddy / Lightning Lad & Mano
Nikki's Bear & Playful Puppy / Tharok & Brainiac 5
Spring Bear & Kitty / Bouncing Boy & Validus

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Well, I went to two locations tonight and got Lightning Lad, Mano, and Superman.

Click for fullsize image

There's a poster and a display box (that I'll be begging managers for when this is over as well).

[ August 03, 2007, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

shanealt
Don't hurt me.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shanealt   Author's Homepage   Email shanealt         Edit/Delete Post     
After remembering August was the month i went to McDonalds last night and grabbed a Happy Meal. in addition to reminiscing about my childhood (i used to have so much fun with those boxes and the toys and the family dinner outings) i snagged a Timber Wolf.

Not the one i would have wanted...but it's a start.

Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

I've got at least two of each now (five of most of them). [Smile]
GaoSalad
Funny Guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GaoSalad   Email GaoSalad         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
 -
 -
 -

I just had to... No choice... XD My love for Timber Wolf has driven me to insanity.

From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I picked up a Superman and a Timberwolf. I like them but I wish they were a little more action figure-ish like some other promos they've had. At least the trading cards and nice boxes kind of make of for the fact they're basically mini-statues.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Well, I went to two locations tonight and got Lightning Lad, Mano, and Superman.

Click for fullsize image

There's a poster and a display box (that I'll be begging managers for when this is over as well).

I got to looking at the box closer and started wondering if they might have another one. Why leave out the Interlac numbers if they weren't going to be on a second box?
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.