Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 63)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone have the reference to the letter column where Paul Levitz explains Dream Girl being able to use Brainiac 5's force field belt?

Also, what is the first reference in the new series that says that Brainiac 5 didn't invent the belt?

Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't Ken, sorry. [Frown]

Does anyone have a scan of Ferro's costume designs from Legion of Super-Heroes #94?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Depends what you mean - the only one we actually SEE is Inferno's, since she incinerates all the other ones first (hers was fire-proof, hence its survival).

The other Legionnaires (and Shvaughn) have a momentary nightmare of what they might look like, but those weren't Ferro's ideas!

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
The latter, yeah.

I actually thought those were the designs.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
No. He's not this silly! (Actually, take off the names, and Spark & Shvaughn's aren't too bad, while Imra's may look familiar. Ultra Boy's, OTOH, is hilarious! There MUST be some LMBP character using it, surely.)

-

The only clue we got to the other-than-Inferno "real" designs is that someone would have had a pink cape!

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Oh God, Inferno's makes me think about Cinder from that "Villains for Hire" abomination.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I really don't get the wagon for Gates. Besides Ultra Boy's, I thought Brainiac 5's was hilarious too.

Too bad Apparition and Triad didn't imagine nay costumes for themselves.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Is there anything in the original series which contradicts the drastically low population growth rate of Colu seen in LSH #0? I thought the Five Legion Orphans might have something but it didn't.
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
If Saturn Queen and Matter-Eater Lad eventually married, what became of their marriage when she remained a criminal? Does anyone have details of their marriage, such as how they became involved and how their various careers affected the union?

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the entry on Saturn Queen from our very own Chaim Mattis Keller's Legion help file:

Saturn Queen

The satellite Titan has been ruled by a royal family since it was founded, but for centuries the monarchy was merely ceremonial. The sham of the monarchy was made worse when the Hypno-stone, one of the royal family's artifacts, was stolen in the early thirtieth century, and the succession to the throne, such as it was, became a very bitterly fought battle. Eve Aries, one of the potential heirs to the throne, decided that she would set out to find the stone, and thereby take the throne legitimately for the first time anyone had done it in decades.

Unfortunately, the stone had fallen into the hands of the villainous Universo, who was capable of fully exploiting its hypnotic powers, and though Eve possessed hypnotic powers of her own, she was unsure she could take it from him without help. She therefore accepted the offer of Laevar Bolto to join Tarik the Mute's school for super-villains, hoping to receive some training in the use of her powers and find allies who would help her get the stone back from Universo. When Tarik's school was broken up, she used her hypnotic powers to hide her presence, a tactic she used throughout her decade-long association with Bolto's Legion of Super-Villains. In the Super-Villains' 2989 scheme to go back in time and negate the Legion's existence, she revealed herself openly, a mistake she greatly regretted when the Legion caught up with them and put them in prison. She managed to invoke her diplomatic immunity as a member of Titan's royal family, but it proved extremely embarrassing.

In 2994, she tracked the Hypno-stone to Tartarus, where the thief Magpie had brought it. She married Prince Evillo of Tartarus in order to more easily find the stone, which he was trying to locate himself. In late 2994, Evillo was deposed by former Legionnaire Tenzil Kem, who released all of Evillo's former wives from the Tartarun Realm of Darkness, and she and the other wives took over the planet (Legion of Super-Heroes (3rd series) # 14). She located the stone in mid-2995, but was immediately caught by Evillo, who grabbed it away and enslaved her with it, encasing her in a statue which amplified her powers and used it as a psychic "antenna" with which to enslave the populace. Before she was imprisoned, though, she managed to get a message to Tenzil, who rescued her with the help of former Legionnaire Polar Boy and several young Tartarun heroes. She took the stone back to Titan, where she claimed her throne...and Tenzil as her consort. The two are currently on an extended honeymoon (Legion of Super-Heroes (3rd series) # 49-50).

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Does anyone have any full body scans of the unnamed Legion cadets from Legion #35 and 36? Specifically the cadet that resembled a frog.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Reboot

Click for fullsize image

--------------------

Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
Would anyone have a full body pics of the reboot characters Particon, Arrow, or Lantern?

I have one of Particon, but it is too mall to be useful.

Thank you.

Will this work kk.
 -

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Thanks Reboot. [Smile]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Ken Arromdee
Active

If you're looking at Saturn Queen's Wikipedia entry, that entry is screwed up to the point where it needs to be completely rewritten, because it doesn't try to distinguish various reboots and revamps. The Saturn Queen that married Matter-Eater Lad is from a different continuity than the one that became a criminal again, as far as I know.
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.