Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 64)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Terry Gibbs
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Gibbs   Email Terry Gibbs         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I saw Validus in the new post Flashpoint Legion so question is..

I thought both the twins were still around so, is this a different validus, did the darkseid thing not happen did this change before, and I have amental block (or it is part of that Johns arc I am yet to catch up on)

Adventure 351-352 is among my favourite comics, love the character, hate the way his power got dumbed down by lesser writers, excited to hopefully see him back the way he originally was portrayed.

but a little confused, any help appreciated thank you

Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to Legion World, Terry.

The post Flashpoint Legion continuity isn't real clear yet. I'm assuming the "The Great Darkness Saga" didn't happen. Other fans may disagree. Levitz and Giffen are working on a Fatal Five story line for some upcoming issues. Levitz has alluded, in interviews, that this will be the Legion's first meeting with the Fatal Five in this continuity. I'm hoping it provides some clarification.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Gibbs
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Gibbs   Email Terry Gibbs         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm ....clear now, thanks Jerry, appreciated
Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone know where President Chu's forename was first given?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
So, I had this crazy idea for a while of trying to do a series of pin-ups drawing every character from the Legion in their big costume changes in the order that they appeared.

So my question is--is there a site that has good photos of all the costumes members of the Legion have worn, and a list of which Legion members appeared chronologically in terms of joining the group and/or first appearance?

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, you might be interested in this thread by Future, which attempts to do much the same thing with micros.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Well, you might be interested in this thread by Future, which attempts to do much the same thing with micros.

Oooooh...that helps. That helps a LOT. Me likey. If I just knew what order each costume appeared, then I'd be set. [Big Grin]
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Future generally shows the costumes in order of appearance, so you're all good.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Anyone know where President Chu's forename was first given?

I'm not sure if there was an earlier one, but LSH 80 page 11 is the first instance I've noticed after skimming through the first two years of issues.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... Missed that one when I was looking (and I even checked Impulse #25!). If that's the only use, as I think it is, it's kinda annoying - "Winema" is mocking her in that panel, so I doubt she went by the diminutive 'Jeannie". I was wondering about the spelling, if it was "Jean" or "Jeanne", but if there's nothing there's nowt.

Thanks anyway.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Could anyone tell me in which issue the "walking money" seen in the Legion first appeared?

We most commonly see the little, couple-inch-high "meeping" variety, but - if memory serves - when they first appeared they were much larger (like waist high) so I'm thinking it has to be early in Giffen's first run. Anyone know the exact issue?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I'm annoyed because I ought to know this.

I believe the waist-high walking money first appeared in the Adventure Era, and wasn't from Ventura.

The more familiar Venturan walking money first appeared in v3 #1 (in which Thom and Nura fight Micro Lad on Ventura).

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Eryk... the "Adventure Era" tip did it.

I can't find an image, but a google search indicates that the larger coins are "Barakian Living Money" from Adventure 309.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
That kind of money (which was originally said to be from "Barak") first appeared in Adventure Comics # 309.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Ah... I was actually thinking #308, but did a quick scan of the story and didn't see them!
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.