Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Winged gallery for Dawnstar and other humanoids (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Winged gallery for Dawnstar and other humanoids
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Not quite Dawny but have you seen this recent Ultimate X-Men cover Steve? I thought you might like it.

Click for fullsize image

Edited to use THUMB tag

[ February 26, 2004, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't see it, but I'm grateful for the heads-up! He's looking quite powerful. And there are never enough winged men in print, methinks, with my having surveyed my digital art collection recently.

Did Warren Worthington get his feathered wings back? In general continuity, where they'd been blue and metallic? Or in the separate storyline for "Ultimate X-Men"? Or in both?

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
He's just starting to make his appearances in Ultimate X-Men so the wings are the way they should be.

I've not followed the regular X titles for years, just couldn't keep track. But I believe Warren is back to having his feathered wings again. Just don't ask me how.

[edit note]

Just to clarify the Ultimate X-Men comment I made above. Warren is just starting to make his first appearances in the Ultimate Universe continuity. So this is his fresh start. Hopefully they won't be ripping his wings off again. One of the worst moments in X history, to me at least.

[ December 12, 2003, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Or in Legion history ... even off-"screen." To me, at least.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Here are another couple of images from Ultimate X-Men # 40:

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

David Finch is the artist. The Artist's Choice sells his work. They don't have the pages for # 40 available yet but if you'd like the page numbers with the above images I can provide them so you can watch for them. If you are interested in non-Dawnstar original work.

Edited to use THUMB tag

[ February 26, 2004, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gorgeous stuff. Is the story any good?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I've only read about half of it but it is interesting. I enjoy being able to read an X-Men book and not have to keep track of 50 other titles. The Ultimate version, to me, is just a lot better.
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, maybe I'll check it out. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Finished the story. It was interesting. A hint at Colossus being gay, Beast being addicted to a message board (ha!) and some other stuff I hadn't caught before. This was the first story of a new arc entitled "New Mutants". I believe they'll be introducing Dazzler in the next issue or two.
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Thanks, again, for the lead to this "UXM" issue. I bought it tonight at the store. It's a more-than-decent story, especially (as Scott said) with not having the many-titles continuity baggage hulking (sorry!) in the background.

I'm a sucker for Storm, anyway, and she has a well-turned conversation with Warren -- not yet "Archangel" -- on a craggy aerie. Oh, and the line "Dibs!" had me roaring.

I expanded the thread's title scope, by the way -- see the note in the first message.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Glad you liked the issue Steve. I've been collecting this title since it began but have been remiss in reading my issues. This is the first one I've really read through in awhile and I'm glad I did. And I did enjoy Ororo's and Warren's conversation. Like I said, this is a great issue for new readers to jump in on.
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

I picked up this 3" x 5" oversized Magic "card" recently, apparently a package-topper for my local comics store's card shipment. It's a dramatic depiction by Todd Lockwood of the character "Blinding Angel." I don't play such CCGs, but have long admired the mini-artworks. This one was well worth having!

The game-play description on the reverse ends with: "Their eyes will shrivel and blacken before Faith's true light." Some miscreants certainly deserve that ...

Click for fullsize image

Edited to use THUMB tag

[ February 26, 2004, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting that the artist continues the feather theme in the costume - usually the winged characters just have wings.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Roland Reedy commissioned this striking Dawny-and-Nura depiction (fully inked) from Dean Lee. You can examine it along with Dean's preliminary sketches at this page of Roland's ComicArtFans gallery.

Edit: Apparently remote linking doesn't work after all. I've created a narrower (white space cropped) and smaller (file size) version and have displayed it here.

-

[ February 26, 2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, here's the Simpsons Dawny I did a while ago... Not quite the iconic winged image you're looking for, I'm sure... [Wink]

-

[Star Boy]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.