Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Winged gallery for Dawnstar and other humanoids (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Winged gallery for Dawnstar and other humanoids
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

Edited to use THUMB tag

[ January 19, 2005, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm in LOVE!!!

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, that's just fabulous. Minimalist tack works every time. Mitch Foust, for example, carefully outlines every feather, and it's superb, but Hughes is more evocative with one-fifth the line work.

Thanks for the colored take as well, Dean! Almost cries out for it, methinks.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
If you can't see one or more of the pictures above, hit Reload, and it should display properly. (It may need more than one hit, or a Shift-Reload to force getting them all again.) MyWebpage.netscape.com is being flaky, as it often has been before, and isn't serving files promptly.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Greetings all. The Dawnstar above was a commission that I received last weekend from Adam. I must say that Dean did a fantastic job coloring it. Good job Dean. You should post a link or a put it in the files section over @ the AH! group. Nice stuff! Where is the Moy that you did?

LLLater!

Chad

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Ack! That reminds me, the Moy contest over soon!
http://kat.of-the-night.com/Contests/

Please try and get your entries in ASAP!

Kat

--------------------

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Kat,

That was easy enough for a link. Thanks.

Also I will have to send some Legion Moy's over to you.

Format and size preferred?

LLLater!

Chad

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Jpg or gif, any size, just not tiny small

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Hey Ultra Boy, glad you approve! Thank you for sharing that picture with the world!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by YelloWing:
Can anybody scan in that Kitson Dawnstar? I didn't realize he'd done one.
Really I was looking for a hint to see if he'd tell us if she's going to be in the new book but I'd still like to see it.

-
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

One of my favorite Dawnstar pages, and a bit of her experiences told here -- thanks for posting it.

That was Kitson? I'm impressed, if it is. The story is well-told. Should we assume it's Kitson from this being the first page of the Annual (v3 Annual 4), and from his being listed first among the artists?

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Kitson pencilled the entire story. Bruce Patterson and Romeo Tanghal were his inkers/finishers. From the look of it, I'd say Romeo inked this page.

This is one of his first professional works.

[ September 22, 2004, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Nightchangeling ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here is a new commission by Al Rio.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey cool! Thanks.

-
A Barry Kitson - Dawnstar avatar if anybody wants to use it.

...and that's just beautiful LL.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.