Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Winged gallery for Dawnstar and other humanoids (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Winged gallery for Dawnstar and other humanoids
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. That's awesome! You did an amazing job coloring it.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Beautiful!!

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks! [Smile]

I'll be posting more in my gallery thread in a few minutes. Once I can find it that is... *digs around through the back pages of Bits*

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Grey,
Have you seen this work from Brandon Peterson's new sketchbook? Thought you might like it...
http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=bbfa23f471c4dab8ad054fcb1b9df709&threadid=37953

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Loser: That colored Atkins drawing is just gorgeous. How do you get the skin tones to glow so evenly and yet preserve the highlights? Great craft here.

MEL: Thanks for the link! Peterson's winged woman (top of that story) is quite beautiful and exotic. She evokes Dawny strongly ... but isn't quite like her, especially in those glowing eyes.

I wonder if any vertical version of that art is available? Gotta look, when I have time, for that convention's Website, as it's clearly a program cover.

[ July 12, 2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
Loser: That colored Atkins drawing is just gorgeous. How do you get the skin tones to glow so evenly and yet preserve the highlights? Great craft here.

Thanks much Grey! I do all of the shading/highlighting with the burn and dodge tools in Photoshop, and blend with the smudge tool. Blending the shading/highlighting so it's smooth and doesn't leave a lot of noticible brushstrokes is probably the key. Throw in lots of practice and a healthy helping of blind luck and there you have it.

Something pin-up style like this is relatively simple for me now. Where I have problems is trying to handle situational lighting, which is why you don't really see me posting any panel work. I still have a lot to learn in that respect.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been playing with some doll designs and decided to convert my Dani!doll into a Dawnstar doll. I know it's kinda small but that's just the template I have to work with. *shrugs*

-

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Cool!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, that's both exquisitely detailed and quite heartbreaking, LJ. Weeping over her loss -- no way to even touch him any more, and this time perhaps permanently? I wonder if she notices Wildfire more when he's out of his suit {rueful smile}

And showing more of her distinct heritage in what she wears. I did wonder whether what we see on her legs is ornament (upon uncovered skin) or the closures of leggings (thus mostly covered skin).

[ September 21, 2005, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks Grey,..first thing i thought of was "what if dawny were at the "Black Dawn" inncident where where Wildfire gave sacrifced himself to
stop the sun from going out? (was it Black dawn or Black Sun i forgot the name)
or what if this were Dawny's first time seeing Drake's Suit getting destroyed thinking him gone forever, and she didn't know that his disembodied energy from was hovering near her as she wept.
and yes it's kinda like closures of leggings,..i was kinda scared to do it with tassels or fringes that you see on some native american dress wear so i opted for the sexy leggings
with the openings on the side

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's one from Gene Espy. Not sure to the age as the poster at Legion Pics (Steve Z) didn't say.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Great sketch, Scott, and skin toning accomplished wholly without the use of color. I gather this isn't still for sale on eBay? (From the tag at lower right.) SteveZ usually says so.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
He usually does but his post only contained the image, nothing more.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.