Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Winged gallery for Dawnstar and other humanoids (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Winged gallery for Dawnstar and other humanoids
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad you posted this here, Scott. I received it in email from SteveZ via LSH-Pics, too.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
those are all pretty cool do you guys want to see dawstar in other mediums or just art?

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Anything at all, amigo! Art, though, might work better in this thread. A lengthy story might benefit from being in its own thread, in getting attention being paid to it.

With your so kindly reviving the thread after a couple of months, I'm reminded to share this Ken Meyer, Jr. creation. You can see the full-size (203 KB) version here at his Website. (He can't get his comics companies quite straight, though ... do forgive him!)

-

I remember, with this pose, to note one element that I've long perceived in art of winged humanoids:

The essence of being airborne, and of our feeling its liberating effects, is to see them with their feet pointed, rather than flat. (Especially when they're shown with their bodies being vertical, rather than parallel to the ground.)

I collect and truly enjoy winged art which shows such people standing or otherwise on the ground, but it still doesn't have the spark that a pose like the one above does. For a wing-nut like me, anyway.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Beautiful! Great use of color.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
This new marker portrait of Dawny by C.K. Russell was just auctioned off on eBay ... and it went for $10! {short-on-cash semi-grousing *sigh*}

She has more flesh on her non-winged bones here, and I have to say it looks good on her. Especially with her just having celebrated, a millennium hence, her 40th birthday!

-

Click for larger version in new window

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

I just had to share my current Windows wallpaper image. Besides, Bits hasn't had a new post in a day and a half [Wink]

"Come Fly With Us," by Evanara, is from Renderosity. Once again, if you enjoy the esthetic strides made in 3-D art creation, it's well worth joining.

-

Click for larger image in new window (courtesy of ImageShack)

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

By sheer serendipity, the ImageShack window for the above full-sized image offers this link at the moment:

Your Ticket to Space
Suborbital flight plus cash prize

Now, that's instant karma if I ever saw it! The best sweepstakes prize I ever saw, as well.

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Just when you'd think the creator of Dawnstar might have run out of ways to depict her, we get something as adeptly outlined and deeply shaded as this ... courtesy of Mike "Aparofan" Middleton:

-

Click for page offering a larger version

[ June 17, 2006, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Matt Martin, whose most recent comics work is the cover art for Brian Pulido's revived "Lady Death" stories, has a well-outlined Dawny rendition with a different look for her wings.

-

Click for larger version in new window

[ July 12, 2006, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Excellent linework!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.