Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I need scaffolding sometimes [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe the other newbies are just a bit shy? I know that I always get a minor panic attack whenever I post something... Just give 'em a little time, they'll show up soon. Once we get comfortable on this board, the comments will come flooding in. [Cool]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
A serious note about the tag team threads. I'm getting a wee bit disturbed by the increasingly mysoginistic tone in them. While I can accept that 35 years ago the Legion was a tad sexist we shouldn't hold that up as a reason for the current glut of awful nonsense. This woman who's name we're not supposed to mention as it is, I assume, her real name stealing powers through sex etc etc is not a pleasant story arc. Not funny. Not clever. Get over it boys. Do you know what it says about your views on your own sexual maturity when you write such crap?

Personal swipes at people are really not attractive in a story thread! Use the regular threads or PMs to do your attacks! And if your target doesn't actually post on the board why are you dragging old and dead arguments out for public airing? Very immature!

If you want to push away genuine women from your threads (and this wonderful board) you're going the right way about it. And to settle any rumours I am most definitely a real woman, not an Alt ID like so many of the other 'female' posters appear to be. We're all here as fans of a magazine that tries to promote equality regardless of circumstances. Surely we should try a little to echo this? So, as a parting thought to the poor taste posters- Get a grip! And not just of yourself!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Fair comment Harbi and well made, but isn't it a funny point to make following your previous comment to all and sundry about the Hall Russell bras you need to keep your huge bazookies in check???? (By the way, wasn't Bazookie the annoying little shite in the Godzilla cartoons?)

Love you loads, by the way Binger....

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

I AM Fair game, I'm here to play along and as you are well aware Numf I can give out as good as anyone else. I'm not shy (as you can definitely confirm!) and will allow a lot of things to be said or done around me without any complaint. But that is when it is done to me! And I'm aware of the situation.

My problem was the general tone against all women, and in particular a sudden glut of really nasty posts about someone who p-ed off one of our suppposedly senior LMBPers on another board!! - this pissed me off.

What I guess I'm trying to say is this - IF you want to be taken seriously have the guts to fight with those big enough to fight back.

'nuff said Numf, love you too

Haagendaazingerxx

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Misogynist or misanthropic? I wouldn't say that the men are portrayed in a very flattering light either...perhaps it's the Ultimates virus infecting everything.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I'm not sure what really happened, but I have read the Calling all LMBPers thread, so I know a little bit about it... I hope I haven't offended anyone, and if I did, I'm really sorry, it certainly wasn't intentional. I know that I'll be more careful in the future, so we can keep the harmony and good vibes on this board.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

I thought I'd reincarnate this old thread to post my views on all the ongoing writing threads.

And that was a nice link into Ongoing - I love how the boys (Abin Quank, Cobalt and Numf-El) have sort of settled into a great routine of taking turns in posting an entire arc each - AQs' Mickey Spilane-esque Editor Eddie is great, Cobies traditional but with a twist action adventures and Numfies total lunacy are all individual, fascinating, captivating, outrageous and well worth a second and third reading each!

Danny Blaines sublime adventures about 'normal' people is one of the highlights of this whole board, it reads like a film - don't know if that makes sense but I do feel like I am there in the story with the 'real people' he writes so well.

Of course theres Abin Quanks Ron Karr story that gives us more depth of character per post than a year of DnA is well worth a raving about too. I'm addicted to this story.

And there's my ongoing stories set in the 35th century. Well I kind of enjoy them too.

There have been a load of great fanfics prior to these as well and everyone that I've read has added to the great weft and weave that makes this forum so unique and wonderful and a joy to log onto every night.

Sorry artists but I'm a literary girl - give me words over pictures any day! I do love your work and wish I could draw more than rudimentary stick figures that look like they're recovering from an industrial accident!

Okay, to be honest with you I'm jealous of the artists talent and love sneaking peaks at their fantastic work, just like every other poster here.

To everyone who has invested time and effort to add to this wonderful, inspired and lovingly mad board - thank you!

I wouldn't make a good critic, would I?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Sidenote- Harbinger, I have to admit I feel really bad, I've never read the post at the top of this page until now. I know this was a month ago, and the point is moot since we fixed the problem, but I just wanted to say 'sorry' [Smile] . OK, no more going back to it now [Wink] . Love you Belinda!
--------------

And thanks for the kind words on the tag thread! I'm enjoying it quite a bit myself these days too! I've been enjoying Chuck's stories all along, and I've never quite read anything as funny as Numf's! I only wish more people would post on it again, *cough* *cough*, Harbinger, Fat Cramer, EDE, Icefyre, Vee, etc., etc...

I plan to getting around to reading all the other fanfics as well! This I promise! I know I have a ton to read about Glorion Grundy and Danny B's Midnight Investigation, as well as a ton of other cool stuff!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

In case this isn't clear to everyone who is not Chuck, Numf or I: post on the ongoing tag thread! Don't worry about continuity, don't worry about whatever. Have fun with it! If you screw up continuity, we'll fix it, or just not ever care anyway! And do what you want to any of the characters who you think won't mind (just remember, it's open game on you after you do something to me [Wink] )!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Pureheart
Everyday Girl's Boy Toy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Pureheart   Email Sam Pureheart         Edit/Delete Post     
*Purr*

Better get on with it... I do bite and scratch when I don't get my way...

*Purr*

--------------------
When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.

From: Medicus Two | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

You better believe Stoopid Cat, guys, those teeth and claws of his HURT!!!!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I've hightlighted this thread for the original purpose, for everyone to give feedback on the various fan-fics and tag threads going on around here!

I promise to get to reading more on everyone's stories, I feel like I haven't had the time to do that in forever! (I'm having enough trouble keeping up with the Ongoing Tag thread [Wink] )! But I'll let you know when they're all read!

So Belinda, Danny, Chuck, everyone else, this is highlighted for you guys!

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't feel the artists have received nearly enough praise on this thread so here's to Drake, Dean, Arachne, Cru, Trisabre, Frog Kid and all the other fantastic artists who regularly add their brand of magic to this Board....

Cheers all!

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed. The artistry on this board is simply amazing. Great work, gang!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.