Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Hot Summer Nights! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Hot Summer Nights!
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Eryk Davis Ester
Member July 28, 2002 01:41 PM

<<>>

Ahhh, you can keep destroying the universe if you want to, Lashie. And half the fun of the game is people throwing out weird tangents, and then trying to get back to the main storyline.

This is a lot of fun. And thanks for the reminder that Esther Rolle and I are different characters. Maybe I'll actually get to be in the story now!!!

<<>>

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Quislet
Member July 28, 2002 01:58 PM

At this exact moment, in a parallel pocket universe..... something happened. But before we say what. . .

Non-Sequitor destroyed the universe (but not the parallel pocket universe or the negative universe)

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Leap Year Lass
Member July 28, 2002 02:56 PM

<>>

quote:

Originally by MLLASH:
Pulling the old universe out of someone's ass was particularly inspired!

Well then why don't you do it next time? You know very well that that isn't MY power and besides no WAY am I mussing my gloves.

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

MLLASH
Member July 28, 2002 03:17 PM

****Interjection!****

It's officially in-continuity now, Leapy.. you have the power to pull objects of pepole's butts, along with your time-power thingie.

Unless this is an ELSEWORDS LMBP tale..???

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Leap Year Lass
Member July 28, 2002 03:59 PM

<<>>

Well, that clears that up, Lash-ums, as I don't have time-powers either. It's all a case of mistaken identity! Besides I am unaffiliated. Well, except for my union (look for the union L-Y-L, tee-hee!) and of course I get triple overtime out of season.

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Light Year Lass
New Member July 28, 2002 04:04 PM

Well, don't look at me!

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Last Year Lass
New Member July 28, 2002 04:30 PM

I have time powers, but to the best of by knowledge I don't have conjuring-from-ass abilities.

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

LARDLAD
Member July 28, 2002 10:51 PM

Ahem!

(At this exact moment, in a parallel pocket universe)

...which happened to be the same one Captain Lightbulb is from, a previously-unknown other survivor (reminder: CLB was supposed to be the sole survivor of this universe that he couldn't save) emerged from hiding. This survivor, Universe-Restorer Lass, was protected by when the
rest of the universe was destroyed.

"At last!" she shouted triumphantly. "I finally have a chance to use my power! About damn time!"

So concentrating with all her might, she used her power. But nothing happened.

"Oh no! My power doesn't work!" she cried and started sobbing uncontrollably. Then, she pulled out her goldfish aquarium and drowned herself.

About 10 minutes later, her universe blinked back into existence. Sad Lad, Universe-Restorer Lass's boyfriend, found her.

"Alas," he lamented, "she must've thought she had failed to save us. She didn't know it would take a few minutes! Oh, woe!"

Then, he too drowned himself in her goldfish aquarium.

Thus, this parallel pocket universe was saved...which did absolutely NOTHING to help our heroes!!!

BUT...somewhere outside time was Parallax (a.k.a. Hal Jordan/Spectre/Donna Troy/Foodmaker Kid/Jar Jar Binx) who had a reset button..........

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

lancesrealm
Member July 29, 2002 11:24 AM

<<>>

I have to be sure no one else is in the office when I read this thread. I have burst into laughter several times. This is the only thread I have actually saved off on my computer. Hey, did anyone like my song about ampersands? I now have to come up with a ditty about origami parakeets.

<<>>

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

LARDLAD
Member July 29, 2002 11:16 PM

<<>>

Yeah, that ampersand ditty ROCKED!!!

I eagerly await the '80s punk rock version of "Origami Parakeet (Up Yours!)"

btw, you got the 100th post and didn't gloat, you whore!

<<>>

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Seahorse
Member July 30, 2002 06:15 AM

Parallax chuckled, as he lightly stroked the reset button with a fingertip. He had discovered this ancient tool some time ago. Its creator's identity was completely forgotten, but the weapon had been fought over repeatedly and had had more owners than anyone could remember. Parallax idly wondered if he had invented the weapon, because he had found the instructions pamphlet in a pocket in his cape. That was the problem with being a near-omnipotent composite and reincarnated being with the memories of various other lives competing for attention. Was it Hal Jordan, Donna Troy or Jar-Jar Binks who had built the weapon? He stroked the button again, and decided it did not matter.

He had almost decided to press the button. So many mistakes would be erased, so many lost chances would return and so many bitter and unhappy memories would simply disappear. The burden of guilt would ease and his heart might beat freely again. He checked the instructions pamphlet one more time, and pressed the button.

A tiny box appeared on the screen, telling him there was an error and there was no space available on the C drive, and suggesting options. He pressed one, but it did not help. A badly-drawn caricature of a paperclip appeared and suggested more options. He tried to make the paperclip thing vanish, but that called up the original error message. He pressed the universe reset button again, but that just took him back into the loop.

In a secret fortress at the end of space and time, no-one can hear you scream in frustration...

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Bevis
Member July 30, 2002 10:13 AM

... but the same is also true of a packed pub on a Saturday night. Which is where Lucien Lad had got to (I can't remember if he'd gone missing or not but he has now). He, BBSeahorse and Looks That Kill Lad had got bored with all the other shenanigans after the shopping trip and so had decided to hit the bars instead and try and find something more... stimulating. All seemed to be going well without sight of any suddenly appearing beds, giant toilets or exploding universes when suddenly...

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

poverty lad
Member July 30, 2002 10:32 AM

...Poverty Lad lurched from the Men's loo, a glowing plunger firmly affixed to the Poverty Gem on his forehead.

Drunkenly, he gasped:

"Musht... shtop....!" >hic!<

...And he passed out. Exiting the privy behind him, laughing evilly, was none other than...

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

MLLASH
Member July 30, 2002 11:14 AM

.....Poverty Lad's mortal nemesis, Mike Ock!

"AAAAh!" BBSea screamed, "It's the nefarious Mike Ock!"

"We must get away from Mike Ock before all hell breaks loose!" bellowed Looks that Kill Lad.

"Oh, there's nothing wrong with Mike Ock that a little hand-to-hand combat won't fix!" Lucien Lad stated grimly.

With that, he rose from his barstool and glowered at the villainous Mr. Ock.

"You're gowing DOWN!!!" Ock yelled.

First blood was scored by....

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Bevis
Member July 30, 2002 11:24 AM

*interlude*

ooh, I'm so embaressed. I didn't get the joke with his name at all. I was really puzzled until I read it again. And me, renowned for making a double entendre out of almost anything. I feel so ashamed.

*end interlude*

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.