Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  62  63  64   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great stuff guys! I'm planning a little short story too on Mano, nothing too crazy, just something I can whip up quick!

For the next round, I vote Luornu!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I vote Lu for the next round as well!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Hmm...I'm trying to think of when Mano made appearances post boot? Didn't he come early early on in Legionnaires?

That's still technically pre-boot, MEL. Mano was one of the first villains to battle the newly formed post-boot Legion. LEGIONNAIRES #19-20, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES Vol.4 #63.

Leland McCauley sold one side of the Angtu warring factions a chemical which when used, wiped out the entire planet's population except for Mano. Mano contemplated single suicide. But decided not to add one more corpse to the heap and used his power on the planet itself. Somehow he survived, drifting in space.
He then set out for revenge against the fourth richest man in the Galaxy at the lunar research base of Earth’s McCauley Industries. This Mano’s hand is swathed in an energy that can disrupt the balance between atoms and disintegrate anything with a touch. The Legion was called in to stop the madman and almost got wiped out. Then Brainy explains that Mano needs to recharge in order to use his power to destroy the Moon. The Legion narrowly stop him by having Chameleon masquerade as McCauley and Invisible Kid sneaks up to subdue his hand.

[ March 15, 2004, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
D'oh! that's right Crawler I forgot. Hmm...how abou this one?
 -

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting to see that he actually isn't supposed to need a helmet/fishbowl anymore. I hadn't realized they did away with it at one point.

Oh yeah, and is Mano's right glove made from leftover scraps of pre-boot Superboy's cape or something? You'd think it would've disintegrated or something...

[ March 15, 2004, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
For the next round I'll go with my second choice last round, Timberwolf!

[ March 17, 2004, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, Mano on April 1st... got it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll add my vote foe T-Wolf for round two.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Have I voted yet? If not my vote is for Star Boy...
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Just a few more days before the unveiling!!!! Hope everyone has been working on their Mano! Can't wait to see/read them all!

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
ARGH! I'm done! I scanned and loaded my Mano pic up before I draw it yet again! I can never make myself happy with what I draw. I drew various variations of this pic 5 times with a few other ways to do it bouncing around my brain. But I'm done! Now that its loaded to the site, I ain't drawing it no more!

(See why I never tried to draw for a living. [Smile] )

[Mano]

MELad, may I suggest that you set up a seperate Gallery only (or even a Mano Gallery only) thread for people to post their contributions on, on April 1st. And for those who are drawing images for this, but don't have a website to store it at, you can e-mail me your image and I'll host it here at LW.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't feel bad, Gary. I did the same thing. In fact, once I had the final image drawn, inked and scanned, I ended up erasing some things and cropping the image in PSP as I was coloring it, deciding that I preferred a more simple drawing.

That's why MY occupation doesn't involve creative art of any kind [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Hehehe! That's why it helps to have NO talent for drawing. I simply resorted to a crude attempt at a manip and I'm just thrilled that I was able to do that! I'll be happy if people agree it resembles Mano. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's a good idea Gary, I think maybe one gallery thread for each character? I'm thinking of starting it now because it will be April 1st for some people before me here in California.

Me, I had a busy weekend and didn't have time to work on my Mano manip for more than 2-3 hours. I will definitely finish it though, even if I have to pull an all nighter.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Hey! Can I post my pic tomorrow (Mar 31st) at 4am Pacific? Since that's Midnight (April 1st) in New Zealand? I'm the impatient sort, if you haven't noticed?
  This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  62  63  64   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.