Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread (Page 51)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  62  63  64   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, don't forget the 5yl issue#11 containing Tenzil for the Defense! The greatest prosecutorial assistant slash super heroine ever!

That's one of my favorite Giffen LSH stories of all time.
-he he- poor Brek.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
ohh thanks millash!! whoa, i'd seen her before but i thought that was imra all this time!! ohhh she's cute...has she shown up in any other versions of the legion? *looking for good reference material*

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
There's not a lot. The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe says:

# Superboy Vol. 1 #212 (October 1975): "Last Fight For a Legionnaire"
# Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 4 #10 (August 1990): "Roxxas Strikes"
# Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 4 #11 (September 1990): "Tenzil Kem Takes a Bite Out of Crime"
# Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 4 #14 (January 1991): [No Title]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
MLLASH's 2 CENTS:

I like that the Galleries will require me to work on just X character(s). Gives me something to focus on.

Aside from some MEL:TS cover concepts in my fandango thread, I've done, like NO Tenzil or Taryn art. That shouldn't be!

Can future galleries always feature more than 1 character? More chracters to play with might = more possible submissions (I seem to remember Monkey doing 2 characters usually, now that I think of it... so never mind.)

I agree. People can always zone in on a specific single character, but even just having a short list can help inspire ideas.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Throughout the existance of the museum, there have been many different themes. Sometimes a solo character, sometimes more than one, sometimes groups, sometimes any Legion character molded to fit a theme, like the Ninja exhibit.

The enthusiasm for Tenzil, Cal and Drura is fantastic, so if having themes with multiple characters will inspire people to submit, then i'm all for it!

The Feb exhibit (thread)will have a page of links to all previous exhibits. The July 08 exhibit (thread) has themost up-to-date one, if anyone wants to puruse old exhibits.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Hey, look what Lash wrote in March '05, in the Chemical King/White Witch gallery:

"This may be the best gallery ever until the Matter-Eater Lad/Infectious Lass gallery comes along."

Just had to wait 2 years, 11 months!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

The February exhibit is open a couple days early.
"It must have been something I ate!" A tribute to Matter Eater Lad, Calorie Queen and Infectious Lass.

Please go ahead and post your entries!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

So, now that Feb is underway, it's time to think about March.

There's been some discussion about having more than one character or even theme per month. So, let's hear your ideas for the next exhibit. Which characters and/or themes should we see in March?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Shoot! I won't be able to post until Tuesday or Weds. But I can't wait to see everyone's stuff shortly!

Question! Is there a limit to submissions? I've done, like, 10 pics but I neither want to appear to be a thread-hog (nor do I want to wear anyone out with my kiddy-doodles).

I guess really these are 3 of my faves so it makes sense I would go a little nuts.

If I submit 10 things for the Fortress Lad gallery, then we can assume I need to settle down.

Oh, I'm excited... must go check it out NOW!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Question! Is there a limit to submissions? I've done, like, 10 pics but I neither want to appear to be a thread-hog (nor do I want to wear anyone out with my kiddy-doodles).

I don't believe that there's any limit to enthusiasm. Go nuts.

After all, I cluttered up the Emerald Legion month with my fanfic that ended up being so long it broke the thread... [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Shoot! I won't be able to post until Tuesday or Weds. But I can't wait to see everyone's stuff shortly!

I guess really these are 3 of my faves so it makes sense I would go a little nuts.

If I submit 10 things for the Fortress Lad gallery, then we can assume I need to settle down.

Oh, I'm excited... must go check it out NOW!!!

As Harbi used to say, More, More, More!!!!!

Go hog-wild!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I've got a nomination...

The BRAINIAC LEGACY! This would include, of course, any of the different incarnations of Brainiac 5 (pre/re/threeboot). It could include the Dox's of dotLEGION. It could include crazy mother Brianiac 4. It could include the original Brainiac. It could also include Koko. It could include romances like with Supergirl and Dream Girl. It could even include Pulsar Stargrave.

Any seconds? Any other nominations for March?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
YES. YES PLEASE ;_______; YES THAT FOREVER seeing as how i want to draw that every moment of my life.

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I actually was trying to think of a good Brainy theme, too!

You came up with a better one than anything I was toying with, Dean.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll say yes to a Brainy theme!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  62  63  64   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.