Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Joeboy's Who's Who *updated - Legion Academy A-Z* (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Joeboy's Who's Who *updated - Legion Academy A-Z*
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Owl Lad Click for fullsize image

G-force ho! I like the whole owly design here...also decided to keep the costume grey/blue to reference Owl Man from the Ijustice League.

[ July 04, 2006, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Pagan Lass Click for fullsize image

I think Pagan Lass originally had a sort of Spidergirl kinda design didnt she? I decided to mix it up a bit. My original version of Pagan Lass had these weird sort of flared pants...I like the skirt/shorts thing better. Also, around her neck is a reproduction of the Venus of Willendorf a Pagan Icon of Femininity...I probably shouldve used something more Egyptian as I believe thats where the origin of the character lies....but I like the whole Witchy pagan thing, so I went with the Venus.

[ July 04, 2006, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Paris Cub Click for fullsize image

Paris uses a Starboy avatar So I went with that...and cub/bear seemed like a natural transition. the flag in his hand was a French flag but I used horizontal stripes instead of vertical...so it just became a black legion flag. the Beret adds the touch of Frenchness i was looking for.

[ July 04, 2006, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Polar Boy Click for fullsize image

or Icehockey Lad. I really liked this design and thought I was being all cool and original...then I saw X3. Damn you Ratner!!!

[ July 04, 2006, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Pov Click for fullsize image

Not a terribly original design Ive gotta admit. I did another that had "I went to Liberty Meadows and all I got was this stupid T-shirt" in interlac on the shirt. The Sign reads "Welcome to Liberty Meadows"

[ July 04, 2006, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Queen Connie Click for fullsize image

Another Character design stolen from "Gorefactor Zero" this time the Character of "Catscratch" a Werecat woman with a cybernetic Arm. Catscratch had pink fur and shorter hair, but Id already used pink fur for Cramer...the Orange makes her look very Tigra like which wasnt that unintentional.

[ July 04, 2006, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Quislet Esq. Click for fullsize image

Who is the Real Quislet??? its actually that cute little server-droid looking guy. He finds it easier to control the humanoid body and let people think its the real him.

[ July 04, 2006, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

ReBoot Click for fullsize image

You know I thought I was the only person alive who remembered the Reboot cartoon, let alone liked it. So instead of going with the Green Skinned Version of Reboot I used the Blue with Silver hair/Bob from Reboot look. The costume is Rond Vidar GL, and in keeping with the whole video game theme he has little Nintendo controllers on his wrists.

[ July 04, 2006, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

The Red Bee Click for fullsize image

The Evil...That Buzzes! Ive gotta wonder if Red Bee stings someone does he die like a real Bee? probably not. that'd be kinda Lame. Anywho...Those spikey stinger things on his arms are pretty neet huh? only real difference here is the Tattoo on his Arm...I think he mightve actually had sleeves before. Ive been told that noone this Sexy could be Evil...but I beg to differ.

[ July 04, 2006, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

the Red Bee 2 aka SCarlett Click for fullsize image

Another Alt-ID...who was the evil known as SCarlett? actually it was me. I had plans for SCarlett...big plans. unfortunately after posting a couple of times I forgot the password to log in as her. So she died...when she was um...run over..by 1000 ELEPHANTS!!! (Terry Pratchett joke). Costumewise this is a completely new version of SCarlett...and looks a whole bunch better if I do say so myself.

[ July 04, 2006, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Rockhopper Lad Click for fullsize image

By rights Rockhopper lad should be an Anthromorphic Penguin as RL has stated many times that he is a Giant Penguin with ice powers...but that reminded me of "Billy Madison" so I chucked that Idea out the window. Anywho this costume was designed by RL himself and then Refined by Cru...I thought it was pretty much perfect so I didnt change all that much about it...I think just adding the claws onto the feet and making the chest emblem more prominent. Love the pose meanwhile.

[ July 04, 2006, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

the Royal Inquisitor Click for fullsize image

Another evil character, which you can tell from the little skull logo on the belt. I first started using the skull logo after reading a Grant Morrison JLA story that featured a twisted, hardlight hologram version of the league that had skull-ified versions of the various members emblems. Ive since used it a fair bit both in the Legion of Supervillians and with the two Red Bee's. does this make Roy and the 2 Bee's members of the LSV? seems logical.
Costumewise I wanted to reference two things. First, the Inquisitor, from the boardgame Talisman a sort of D&D game from The Games Workshop, my favorite game as a kid. the Inquisitor was the character I always used, a freaky guy in a red hooded robe.
Secondly I wanted to reference the Mask of Phantasm , in my opinion the best Batman movie out there until Batman Begins came out.

[ July 04, 2006, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

rtvu2 aka Kid Voodoo Click for fullsize image

Ok...now the question I have with drawinng a 3-eyed character is does one draw a third eyebrow? here I didnt. anyway this is the same costume...I think I just shortened the sleeves.

[ July 04, 2006, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Saturn Girl

Click for fullsize image

I think I was watching a Britney Spears concert when I first designed this, so there's more then a bit of a Britney influence on this Costume. If you look you'll notice she's wearing a little lightning bolt earing to show her Affiliation with Lighning Lad.

[ July 04, 2006, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Semi Transperant Fellow Click for fullsize image

Yep..the arms do look a bit goofy. ah well. I still like the costume with the whole Martini glass logo and the pink on grey. and the super Martini shaker...of Space. (that or its that cannister thing containing the Starfinger remains that Spidergirl always had with her)

[ July 04, 2006, 05:14 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.