Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Joeboy's Who's Who *updated - Legion Academy A-Z* (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Joeboy's Who's Who *updated - Legion Academy A-Z*
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Infectious Drura Click for fullsize image

Ah Drura..You sexy sexy yet contaigous bitch. (can I say bitch here?) this came out perfectly...My version of Infectious Lass is named Virus, hence the V design down her chest. just missing the Snot Wings. ah Well.

[ July 04, 2006, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Krypton Kid Click for fullsize image

I actually had this costume custom made a few years back..but due to not being a rail-thin 19 year old it no longer fits...poor fat 25 year old me (actually Im not that fat anymore...just not 80 kilos like I used to be.)

[ July 04, 2006, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Lantern Lad Click for fullsize image

The 3rd Green Lantern LMBP'r...please ignore my shonky rendition of the GL symbol. Otherwise this is another one Im fairly happy with.

[ July 04, 2006, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Leap Year Lass Click for fullsize image

The Chest emblem here reads 29 in Interlac, the 29th of february being the cause of a Leap Year. If Someone is born on the 29th of february...do they only get a birthday every 4 years? man the presents would have to kick arse.

[ July 04, 2006, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Lucifer Lass Click for fullsize image

This is exactly the same costume that I designed for Beuty Blaze in the LSV thread...just in Black. the Tail Seems a little High up...Lucifer Lass is the same character or at least the same species as the Devil Girl that Cameod in Kingdom Come.

[ July 04, 2006, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Matlock Click for fullsize image

This Design....meh...I dont know. Yet another Facial tattoo...this time of a keyhole...plus theres like chains and stuff which is always cool. I was just going to steal the Escapist 's Costume but in the end just posted this one instead.

[ July 04, 2006, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Mechana Click for fullsize image

A female Version of Megaman which should be pink...but Gigglebot girl already took the role of Pink Robot girl so I stuck with the original Megaman colour scheme.

[ July 04, 2006, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Not So Bad Lad Click for fullsize image

Lovin' the N's here. lol...not many insights Im afraid.

[ July 04, 2006, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Profh0011 Click for fullsize image

Aaaaand Finally Prof...who should be red. Anyway, another Gorefactor Zero swipe, this time from a Character called Tin Can Woodsman who carry a Giant Hammer ala Steel. His Suit is covered by what looks like rust but is actually highly advanced nanobots that are constantly updated his armour or fixing parts that are damaged in battle.

[ July 04, 2006, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

[Bump]

And thats that. Id like to thank Crayola and Red Bull for all their support, aswell as the many Legionworlders who stuck through to the end...
but is it....The End??? Dun dun Daaaaah

Coming soon to this Very thread...The Reboot Legion Academy, Featurinng just about every character I could reboot...Everyone from Dawnstar to The Mess [tease]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

and Im back [Big Grin]

Seems like a good time to update this Thread. I actually had a little master book where Id written down plot ideas and back stories and what not for each Academy student...buuut I can find hide nor hair of it so Im just going to wing it. It should be noted that Im not much of a writer...I just jot down bits and peices to justify drawing such a large cast.

Anywho...

It has been roughly 5 years since the dissapearence of many of the original team members (*In universe Ablaze*) dubbed SW6. During the Five year gap the Legion has gone through a few roster changes and an entire away team of 20 or so Legionaires were killed while liberating the Braalian City of Vernado bay from the Legion of Supervillians who were holding it hostage.

After the Vernado Bay Massacre the Legion institutes a new policy that requires any potential candidate to undergo a minimum of 1 earth years' training at the Academy. upon Graduation wings are added to the L* symbol on the Legionnaires belts (I really liked this idea but didnt add the wings to any of these drawings [Razz] )

The Series follows the adventures of a small group of Academy students in real time over a 12 month arc. the next year focuses on a different set of students and so forth.

Legionworld has been rebuilt, bankrolled by Wannabe Legionnaire Lester Spiffany and the Enigmatic Justin Defillipis-Weir. It serves as both Legion Headquarters and Academy Training grounds, with multiple tesseract zones providing a near infinite amount of space.

Gingold Addict Ron Karr Hasn't slept a night in three years. Since his incarceration in the prison planet "Labyrinth" following the Vernado Bay Massacre, Ron has slowly lost his sanity to the isolation of his cell...and to make matters worse he is being stalked by a purple, teleporting Gremlin named Urk whom only he can see....and it apears that he may hold the key to finding the lost SW6 Legion.

[ September 24, 2006, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Click for fullsize image

Alloy
aka Platinum, Tina
Earth

Alloy is Platinum from the Metal Men. Thought destroyed in the "Kingdom" incident of the early 21st century. Alloy is believed to have been active since the late 25th century, though she has no memories of the time between her apparent destruction and reappearence.
Alloy and Her husband Babbage are currently memebers of the Legion proper in good standing, aswell as being instructors at the Academy. Alloy's good friend J'onn J'onnz is helping Alloy on her continuing quest to recover the responsometers of her fellow Metal Men.

Powers and Abilities -
Alloy has a very strong, Malleable body, constructed almost entirely from the metal (Platinum) that gives her her name. She can stretch and mold her body to varying degrees. Alloy can form her arms into various tools and weapons and convert her body into vehicles and machinery. Since she is a robot, and completely amorphous, Alloy is practicly immortal. She can suffer serious damage, including the loss of limbs, and still be revived as long as her responsometer survives.

Subplot -
throughout the series it is revealed that Alloy was actually displaced in time when Booster Gold travelled to the late 20th century - plucked out of time so as not to upset the balance of the space-time continuam, Alloy was dumped in the 25th Century, saving her from the fates of the other Metal Men.

Joe-boys notes -
The look that Alloy has here is completely different from how Id originally envisioned her - originally she was wearing a little sleevless belly top and had a few facial tattooes, longer hair etc. I changed it around a bit to make her look a little more how she looks now...was also trying to go for a Female Ferro Lad kinda look.

[ September 24, 2006, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Amethyst
Bel An'ann / Princess Amethyst
Sklar / Gemworld
Click for fullsize image

When Mordru destroyed the planet Sklar the spirit of Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld, offered Bel An'ann a second chance at life...In return for saving her, Amethyst would co-inhabit Bels' Body, thus becoming corporial and able to attack Mordru outside the spirit plane, where he would be less powerful.
The process however left both Amethyst and Bel amnesiac. subconciously using Amethysts powers to teleport herself to her sister Britas' (see Kono) side, mere minutes from Sklars' destruction, Bel spent the next few years trying to peice together the converging memories of her two selves. As she started to exhibit various new and different powers, Bel enrolled in the Academy, much to the distress of her Legion-Hating sister who blamed the Legion for the Destruction of her homeworld. Brita eventually followed Bel to the Academy with the intention of keeping her out of trouble and is becoming increasingly distressed at Bels' apparent split personality...that of the Sweet, somewhat shy Bel and the tough, no-nonsense Amethyst.

Powers and Abilities -
Initially Bel/Amethyst only displays a limited teleportation ability, however over time more and more powers emerge, including the ability to to fire force bolts, heal grevious injuries, fly and control the elements.

Subplot-
As time progresses the Amethyst personality gradually takes over Bel's body. Eventually Bels/Amethysts' memories return piece by piece until, fully restored to the height of her power, Amethyst takes over the body completely.Brita becomes increasingly more and more resentful of Amethyst and decides to find a way to seperate the Two...She seeks counsel with the Mysa Nal (the White Witch) who performs a ritual of seperation, transfering the essence of Amethyst into a Crystaline body created by Bob Kohan (Crystal Kid). Bel, retaians both a portion of Amethysts personality and her power.

Joe-boys notes -
Obviously a bit of a phoenix homage here. Ive been kicking the whole Amethyst-as-Legionnaire idea around for a few years now...considering she made her first appearence in a Legion book (admittedly as a teaser story) and then took over Kono's body in the Mordru Rising Story. Bel An'ann was originally Kono's Mother, but it made more sense to make her into a sister. Meanwhile can I just say how much I love Amethyst? I always thought of her as the DC version of She-Ra, atleast thats what she origianlly appeared to be. I read somewhere that there was even a few prototype dolls out there that never made it onto the market...

[ September 24, 2006, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Amp Girl
Ming Sul
Rimbor
Click for fullsize image

One of the original Academy students, Amp Girl was among the casualties at Vernado Bay.

Powers and Abilities -
Amplified Speed, Reflexes and Senses.

Joeboys notes -
A late addition to the roster, Amp Girl was among the academy cadets introduced in the Foundations storyline ,and, along with Babbage and Retro, the only student to be named. I had intended on including each of the Foundation students on the roster but havent gotten around to drawing them up yet (other then Retro). you can just assume that more then a few of them were killed at Vernado Bay (Sorry Batista [Frown] )

[ September 24, 2006, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Antaenne Lad
Khfeurb Chee Bez
Gryxor
Click for fullsize image

Anteanne Lads powers, while useless in a fight, make him uniquelly suited for Mission Monitor Board duty, which he readilly accepted, happy to have a place in the Legion, no matter how small. Khfeurb has become good friends with Doubleheader, mainly due to the fact that the 2 (3) spend so much time together, rotating shifts on the MMB.

Powers and Abilities -
Khfeurb was born with the ability to recieve electromagnetic transmissions through antennae-like projections from his ears. The antennae are even capable of scanning across time for transmissions, picking up noise from the past, present and even the future.

Subplot -
Unbeknownst to the majority of the Team, Anteanne Lad is a member of the ultra-secret Legion Espionage squad. He is constantly monitoring all frequencies for information which might help the team on its missions, aswell as using his limited telepathy to keep the squad linked up mentally.

Joe-boys notes -
Anteanne Lad was always kinda lame, which is why I threw him into "support staff". I like the idea that this seemingly insignificant character could eventually play a more significant role (espionage squad). If I wrote this as a series though Id play him as Comic-relief, straight man to Doubleheader.
Costume-wise I just threw him in the usual pants/jacket combo that the Tech-support guys have (ala Reboot Chuck) though I decided to go for a different colour scheme to diffirentiate him from other support-staff.

[ September 24, 2006, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.