Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » first time post from chris batista (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: first time post from chris batista
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
Collasal Boy was "hopeful" thinking if the book never got rebooted. My plan was that somehow his lifeforce had been preserved in Violet by the Emerald Eye. When he is restored, Violet would get her classsic Cockrum suit and so would Colossal Boy. That costume just looked perfect to me. I love Violet as a character but not at the expense of Gim Allon. Besides, his being an ex cop would play really well with Legion World being a base for the Science Police.

They had actually, deliberately, ruled that out as a possibility back in the issue where they revealed she had his powers though...
It's comic books.... nothing is ever entirely ruled out! [Wink] (except perhaps a single, coherent, logical DC continuity!)

I liked that Vi could get big, tho.

My main objection to seeing Gim brought back in Reboot would have been - is it just another pointless comic-book death/resurrection, or would there be some kind of character development as a result? The former cheapens all comic book deaths, as it's done too frequently. Not that I'd want to see a returned Gim flake out into existentialism or similar... but something to show it's given him more depth.

Also - wouldn't it be fun for a returned Gim to be the one able to shrink, and leave Vi with the giant end of the powers dichotemy?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
I hear you Kent. If I was indeed able to bring Gim back from the grave, I would do my best to not make it a cheap stunt. He would definetly be affected as a character. I just felt that in the reboot, we did'nt really get a chance to know him before he died. They never dug into his heritage. What does being a Jew mean in the 30th century? It has lot's of possibilities......
Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, Chris!

Wow, it's fun reading your comments... revisiting what's now a 'bygone' era.

I remember when ROM came out thinking that you'd be a great match for the LSH. And I was right!

Would you be interested in returning to the series someday?

As a big Sun Boy fan, I was pleased to read that you, at least, had plans for the character. Dirk really deserved some reboot spotlight.

As a bigger Element Lad fan, I found the revelation that Jarth would've eventually been Jan separate from Garth heartening. Would that have been heroic Jan the Legionnaire?

And Omniphagos? How would that have worked out?

I'm really sorry we Legion fans didn't get to read the stories that you and DNA had planned for the series. They sound like good stuff.

Thank you for your work on the Legion. I especially loved your Dream Girl. And that image of the boat in the canals or rivers of Titan is one that has stayed with me. Was that meant to evoke the river Styx?

What was ahead for Brainy and Invisible Kid? Were some of us fans reading too much into 'that kiss'?

Nightcrawler provided a link to a thread in which we made up back stories for all those unnamed cadets. There were headshots from the comic that was used for IDing the characters. If we posted those here, would you share what you remembered about them?

Again, thanks for posting here-- it's been a treat reading this thread on a flash-flooding, gloomy day here in Tennessee.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks so much Mystery Lad. I remember reading a negative review for Spaceknights (can't blame them), in which the reviewer felt that I would be very well suited to the Legion. I think doing an All Star Legion would be pretty awesome. Of course there are no plans for it. Jan, if I recall, would've been the heroic Element Lad. Just can't remember all the details. I would hope that he would be more in the vain of the 80's Legion in which he was'nt shy and lead the Legion. The canals of Titan were just effectively capturing the amazing detail in the script. I'm glad you liked it. As far as Brainy and Lyle, who knows? I would be very happy to share any of my thoughts on the cadets. I was never sure if the fans would like any of the unfamiliar ones. Keep dry and thanks again.
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, Chris... remember you asked for it [Smile] How about these three to start?

-

-

-

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I think doing an All Star Legion would be pretty awesome. Of course there are no plans for it.

To bad Chris with you and then there's George Perez,Jim Lee,Carlos Pacheco,Allan Heinberg and Brad Meltzer all saying they would love to do something with the Legion,DC should do an All-Star Legion book for the fans,I would really love if it tied in with All-Star Superman and had the feel of the Original Legion with them being in costumes closer to the ones they wore in the 70's and 80's(Dave Cockrum rules)maybe even some of the writers and artists who did the Legion in the past and still love the characters could work on the series also like Paul Levitz,Steve Lightle and dare I say Jim Shooter and Kieth Giffen.

[ September 23, 2006, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Lone Wolf Legionnaire ]

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
quote:
I think doing an All Star Legion would be pretty awesome. Of course there are no plans for it.

To bad Chris with you and then there's George Perez,Jim Lee,Carlos Pacheco,Allan Heinberg and Brad Meltzer all saying they would love to do something with the Legion,DC should do an All-Star Legion book for the fans,I would really love if it tied in with All-Star Superman and had the feel of the Original Legion with them being in costumes closer to the ones they wore in the 70's and 80's(Dave Cockrum rules)maybe even some of the writers and artists who did the Legion in the past and still love the characters could work on the series also like Paul Levitz,Steve Lightle and dare I say Jim Shooter and Kieth Giffen.
Misdirection. Chris is really working on it right now! [tease]
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

OK here goes....
1. I think she may have been a possible White Witch or she may have been immensely strong due to her manipulation of her mass.
2.May have been Reflecto or a new take on Chemical King. Did'nt want him to look like every other caucasion Legionaire.
3. My tribute to Rocket Racoon, Pakrat from Atari Force and Starfox. He would be very fast and incredibly agile. Like trying to catch a squirrel. Fun loving prankster but very feral when cornered. Never gave him a name. Any suggestions?

Chris Batista
Advisor

I had no idea so many creators want to do an All Star Legion. If I had to pick I would go with Alan Heinberg and Carlos Pacheco. Brad Meltzer is great but we have'nt seen what he can do with science fiction. He may be great at it. Pacheco is in a class all his own, as are George and Jim, and Alan proved himself on Young Avengers. I would love to do it, but with that kind of competition, I doubt I would be considered. I definetely feel it should evoke the Cockrum era with a real grasp for futuristic thinking (much like DnA). Steve Lightle was definely amazing on the Legion.
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
1 & 2 - well, we saw Mysa in a major role three or four times (Kinetix's origin, Mordru, Elements of Disaster), and Condo in several extended cameos as a holonews reporter (and possibly Invisible Kid's boyfriend, although they yanked the actual confirmation of that) respectively, so presumably the other two choices [Smile]

3 - Dunno, but something entirely non-squirrel/raccoon/rodent related, hopefully. That goes second only to the "I'm from Country X, so I must have powers/a costume/a name/all of the above related to stereotypes/the flag/the name of that country" in my list of pet hates on that score [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
No questions (atleast right now). But Chris I'm a huge fan.

Ever since Starknights I've been a huge fan. I had a letter published in the last issue of that mini.

Loved your Legion work. That was a dream come true for me.

I was really blown away by your JLA run. Hawkman wow!!! Great job. And ofcourse I always get excited when you do an issue 52. Can't wait to see what you do next. You are one of the few artists these days that follow on all their work.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
3. My tribute to Rocket Racoon, Pakrat from Atari Force and Starfox. He would be very fast and incredibly agile. Like trying to catch a squirrel. Fun loving prankster but very feral when cornered. Never gave him a name. Any suggestions?

This character actually picked up a bit of a cult following during the time he was featured, with the nickname "Floating Foxlike Creature Boy".
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Although some of us wondred if FLoating Foxlike Creature could have been female?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
This is fun, so let's keep going!

-

-

-

The last one's obvious Kent, but I'd like to hear any more ideas you might have about him.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Condo in several extended cameos as a holonews reporter (and possibly Invisible Kid's boyfriend, although they yanked the actual confirmation of that) respectively, so presumably the other two choices [Smile]

Of course, that's assuming that Condo was going to be Chemical King. Since CK never popped up, there's always the possibility that he would have been someone different once rebooted.

Chris, I'm really glad you've started posting. I thought your art really made the book special once Coipel left.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.