Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » first time post from chris batista (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: first time post from chris batista
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the support fellas. As for the costume, I prefer his previous one more than the red one. It did grow on me after some time. Now if I can
Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
just finish the last Superman issue I'll be golden!
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Best wishes on the new gig Chris! The preview art looks pretty good (I've always thought Jason needed a good kick to the junk). I agree that the costume needs green, but since the current color scheme was Robin's way to honor Superboy, a change at this point needs to be more character motivated.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like I'll be checking ROBIN out for the first time in a couple of years. Anything I should know going in?

Lord, I wish you were pencilling the new TITANS book with Nightwing, Donna and co.-- I think your renditions of those two, in particular, are just about the best I've seen in some time.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If Chris was doing the Titans it would be perfect. As much as I love your art, Chris, I'm not sure it is enough to get me onboard with a title that has a character I could care less about. Grayson (who looks awesome in your Titans issue BTW) should have been the only Robin.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

It would be awesome to do a Titans book, but only one with the classic line up. Nightwing rules of course, there may be some Nightwing related project in the future, if I get my way (which aint often!). Donna was wonderful to draw as well. Give the book a shot for the return of the amazing Chuck Dixon!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
No slight against Chuck, who is a good writer, but if I do try the book it will be for your art Chris.

Which reminds me. You still have some Legion stuff up for sale at The Artist's Choice. I need to see if there is any Garth pages left so I can tell Caroline what to get me for Christmas. [Smile]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
...but since the current color scheme was Robin's way to honor Superboy...

...I don't see it.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Chris. As a loooong time Robin fan I'm glad you're going to be taking over art chores for my fave Boy Wonder (and Dixon is back, which is cool). I really liked how you drew Tim in your Titan's issue, you kept what Tony Daniels started in Titans, which was to make him look like he actually aged a year in the gap and was now a 17 year old rather than a 15-16 year old.

So I'm excited about the future of the Boy Wonder, I've been enjoying Beechen's run and William's artwork a lot, so I'm glad to see such a great creative team is taking over.

I agree with you, the old costume was better, I was really bummed when they changed it. Good news is that the new costume isn't bad, I've gotten used to it and it's not like with some characters (Huntress for example, or even Superboy) where I keep hoping they will change the costumes back.

anyways, I'm really happy to hear you're the new Robin artist. It's nice to know that it's in good hands.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Thanks a whole lot Stephbarton and Lightning Lad. I did indeed follow Tony Daniel's lead on Titans. I will definetly go for the look of a 17 year old as opposed to 15. I have gotten used to the new duds, they kinda grow on you. Imagine if he wore a variation of the Red Robin outfit.....but with his classic mask instead of a face covering one. I think tht would be really cool. Nothing beats his classic duds though!Really itching to get started, just gotta finish one more Superman issue...
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Shouldn't he be 20 by now? He was a 16-year old in his early days as Robin, there's been two one-year jumps (No Man's Land and OYL), and on top of that it's been something like twelve years real time, which is another two or three years to add on.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
Really itching to get started, just gotta finish one more Superman issue...

Yikes! You haven't started yet...and it's already been solicited! [Eek!]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Shouldn't he be 20 by now? He was a 16-year old in his early days as Robin, there's been two one-year jumps (No Man's Land and OYL), and on top of that it's been something like twelve years real time, which is another two or three years to add on.

I thought he was only... 13 when he started as Robin. I remember reading that arc when he goes to plead with Nightwing to be Robin again and he's really young. Certainly younger than 16.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Yup, he was thirteen (his age is given in Batman 441, A Lonely Place of Dying part 3). You might have thought he was 16 when he started because he drove the Redbird (his car) at the beginning of his series, however, he was allowed to have a special license because at the time his father was handicapped. (told you I liked this character).

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Chris, I read Superman Confidential # 9 today. Great job, especially the full-page splash of Apokolips. Since I'm not reading Death of the New Gods, I'm considering this Superman Confidential arc to be their last hurrah. Thanks to you and DnA, they're certainly going out on top.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.