Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » first time post from chris batista (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   
Author Topic: first time post from chris batista
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Chris those were my fave comics at the time as well. Besides Perez's Titans and the Levitz/Giffen legion I was all over Marvel.

Walt's Thor is my fave, Miller's DD, Byrne's FF, Claremont's Uncanny, Stern's Avengers, Dr. Strange, and Spider-Man. Priest's PM & IF. Those were the days. [Smile]

Chris how old are you? Where did you grow up? You a 80's child? I was a huge Robotech fan as a kid...your Spaceknights kind of looked like a Robotech character. (imagine Chris doing a robotech book???! wow)

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
Those were indeed the days! It was no coincidence that when those creative teams went to DC that many of their characters started to shine. I did love DC as well. Aside from the Legion there was Atari Force, Firestorm, the early days of Wally West as the Flash and of course Titans. I am 37 and was born and raised in New York city. I was and still am an enormous Anime fan. I originally had a very very manga style. Gatchaman was my favorite. Spaceknights were inspired by Tekkaman and numerous other shows. I really dug Robotech and was very proficient at drawing them. Scott Bernard was cool as was Roy Fokker. Memories......
Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome that you'll be in Artist's Alley this year at Comic-Con! Do you by any chance still have any art/pages from your Legion run that you'll be selling? I remember I think 2 (or 3?) years ago hearing that you'd be at San Diego but not knowing where to find you or what you looked like.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
My faves are Scott Bernard and Roy as well. but Scott rules by far. The Cyclone cycle just rocked.

And for DC I loved seeing Wally become the Flash. Firestorm was my "spider-man" over at DC. In other words as a kid I related to him. Too bad DC & marvel are killing all the characters I related with. [Frown]

As for Atari Force? I was more of a Omega Men guy but anything José Luis García-López drew I loved (and still do).

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
I always attend Comic Con but have never had a table. This will be a first for me as I prefer to just run around the con until I tire out. I may have Legion pages but I'll have to check with my dealer.
I still have my totally awesome Cyclone transforming bike. Perfect design. I tried watching the new movie and it was just awful. What a waste of Scott Bernard.
I wish I could get a crack at Ronnie Raymond. No offense to Jason Rusch but there was no need for the change. Poor Bart....never dug him as Flash but would have loved for him to go back to being Kid Flash. Still...glad Wally is back, one of my top faves.

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
Poor Bart....never dug him as Flash but would have loved for him to go back to being Kid Flash. Still...glad Wally is back, one of my top faves.

My sentiments exactly. [Big Grin] Definitely missed my boy Wally somethin' awful while he was gone.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be on the lookout for Chris at Con!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Hey I was just reading about the School of Visual Arts in NYC (been in an art kick lately). And Mr. Batista is noted as notable alumni!
Dennis Calero
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Calero   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Calero         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Chris, great to meet you man! write me at my email dennis@denniscalero.com
From: New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Greetings all! Comic Con was a blast, even though I saw very little of the show and froze my butt off. It was a pleasure meeting fellow Legion Worlders. I was sitting directly opposite of Dennis Calero who was constantly throwing food at any fan who wanted an autograph. He was nuts!
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Hey Chris great to meet you! Man all those Legion ideas you were throwing out, I think you'd be a great writer on the book!

Everyone else, this is the Colossal Boy (&Ferro Lad?) sketch Chris did for me:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8199845@N06/990907863/in/set-72157601148818529/

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
I was sitting directly opposite of Dennis Calero who was constantly throwing food at any fan who wanted an autograph. He was nuts!

Now, how did I miss that.....?

It was a pleasure meeting you, Chris. Looking forward to the Supes/New Gods story.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Thanks again guys! I forgot to mention that Dennis threw a wrench at a small kid that wanted an autograph. Blood everywhere, Dennis is HARDCORE MAN!
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=132572

So, any way you can tone down the overwhelming... redness... of that bloody costume? Maybe at least get a decent amount of green back in there...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats on the new gig, Chris! Looking forward to seeing your artwork on an ongoing basis again!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.