Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » first time post from chris batista (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: first time post from chris batista
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
yes to scifi mini.
yes to superman confidential story.

Thanks for coming by Chris!

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
After we wrap that, we (DnA as well) are pitching a SciFi mini, featuring some of the 52 cast. We hope it'll get approved.

So do I.

Congrats on getting the Superman story approved. Given the hints DC has dropped in regards to the New Gods, this is the right time to revisit those stories. Best of luck with it.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the support guys. It is indeed the right time to revisit these stories. With all the rebooting of Superman's origins, these stories don't make the most sense any more. There is no official first meeting anymore and we hope to change that. Besides, I'll be working with ABNETT and LANNING! Me am happy about that.
Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oooh cool, New Gods! Always loved those character designs! I think I first discovered them with the 80s Super Powers cartoons - a bunch of those folks became action figures in the DC toy line. Can't wait to see it Chris!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
It's great to see the New Gods back in the DC books. I'm really looking forward to your Superman Confidential books!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
It seems there will be a slight delay. The script for the Superman story won't be done for a little bit. I'll be doing an issue of the Teen Titans that will lead directly into Countdown. The issue will feature both Nightwing and Donna Troy. And yes indeed, it is great to see the New Gods take the spotlight. I loved Walt Simonson's run on Orion. He'sone of the few writers who actually gets the Fourth World. His twist with Mr Miracle is one of the best additions to New God lore.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Much agreed on Simonson's Orion run. Very underrated book.

I'll be looking out for that Titans issue. Nightwing's one of my favorite DC characters.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
quote:
After we wrap that, we (DnA as well) are pitching a SciFi mini, featuring some of the 52 cast. We hope it'll get approved.

So do I.

Congrats on getting the Superman story approved. Given the hints DC has dropped in regards to the New Gods, this is the right time to revisit those stories. Best of luck with it.

You'd have another definite buyer right here--I'd love to see that type of mini done by you Chris.

Looking forward to the Superman/New Gods stuff too. Agree completely on Simonsin's Orion (and his back-up stuff in Byrne's Fourth World).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

I just spent some time this week with Andy Lanning at the NY Con. We went over some specifics regarding the Superman story and the ideas just keeep getting better. I'm currently busting my ass on the Titans and can't wait to draw this story. The support on this site has been incredibly fulfilling. I hope you all like the final product.
Legionnaire888
Long Live the Legions

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legionnaire888   Email Legionnaire888         Edit/Delete Post     
Chris,

I can't wait to see your work on Teen Titans your work on 52 has been great, I really loved issue 40 with how you drew Steel.

Is there anything you can tell us about the issue of Teen Titans?

--------------------
"There is always a solution to every Obstacle."-Karate Kid

From: Earth-Henderson,NV | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

The issue guess stars Nightwing and Donna Troy. It does connect directly into Countdown. There will be a brief but memorable scene with Jason Todd. Overall there's not much I can reveal. The issue is more of a set up for the next story. I am totally digging drawing Nightwing. One of my absolute faves. I hope you all enjoy the final product!
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I, for one, certainly did! And the fact that Nightwing is one of your favorites really showed. Your Donna was beautiful, too (many artists can't seem to capture this).

I hope you get to draw either of them-- or any of the Titans characters-- on a more permanent basis, soon.

I've heard rumblings that there might be a book featuring the more 'adult' Titans. If there is, I think you should get your name in the hat!

Of course, you'd always be welcome to return to the Legion, too!

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
TEEN TITANS has rarely looked better... I wish Chris would do that title every month!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
#47 showed up in my latest sub shipment, and I couldn't remember why I ordered it! Then, I saw Chris' name in the credits... [Yes] [Cool]

quote:
There will be a brief but memorable scene with Jason Todd!

[LOL] LOVED it! Go, Tim! :applause:

[ June 04, 2007, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Pov ]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Spectacular job on this issue of TT Chris! Nightwing & Donna have rarely looked better. Hope to see much more.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.