Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 4 (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  70  71  72   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 4
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
All of the above guesses are incorrect. That leaves only two choices.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll try a. protests the death of Ferro Lad.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
And I'll go with

b. supports the death of Ferro Lad.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
From Adventure # 356:

quote:
Dear Editor:
I do hope Ferro Lad will not return, as I'd much rather see a Legion with a constantly changing membership. The entire idea would be unusual in comics -- expendable heroes. When your favorite Legionnaire's in trouble, readers will not be sure he'll be saved as they are with Superman and Batman, who aren't going to be killed off for anything short of the destruction of DC. (Perish the thought!)
--Mark Evanier, Los Angeles, Calif.

Take it away, XBen.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
So essentially, Mark Evanier proposed Suicide Squad back in 1967 in a letter column? [Smile]
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

^^Another unacknowledged fan contribution! [Smile]

Mark's letter stands out in that it's the only one published in that issue in favor of Ferro Lad's death. Every other letter contains the usual reactions of "How could you . . .?" or "I've lost my best friend" or "I guess we'll never see his face unmasked now."

Perhaps Mark's more reasonable counterargument played a role in why Ferro Lad was never brought back.

--------------------

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Except as a ghost, illusion, ruse, dream and reboots. [Smile]
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Well, if you want to get technical . . . [Razz]

--------------------

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Oh, and flashbacks!
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Don't forget statues.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
And a possibly evil twin brother!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

It occurs to me that Ferro Lad wouldn't have been nearly as interesting if he'd been brought back to life.

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
...and clones (which self-destruct).

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Two part question

1. What strange thing, later retconned, did Saturn Girl tell Superboy upon their first meeting about how she got her powers?
2. What strange thing, later retconned, did Saturn Girl tell Supergirl upon their first meeting about who she was?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
1. She was taught to read minds by the scientists of Saturn?

2. She and the other Legionnaires were the children of the originals?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.