Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 4 (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  70  71  72   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 4
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Mekt's finger for one.

But on the second, I only have a vague memory of that story, but I do remember something about an underground grain silo... so did he eat a bunch of grain?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Probably quadrotriticaylie.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Tenz ate:
1. Mekt's finger for one
2. A bunch of grain

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah, Exnihil!

[X-Bomb Betty]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Wow, that one must have been pulled from my subconscious because it was really just a guess.

Anyway, next question:

From a publishing perspective, which Legionnaire's parents traveled back to the time of Superboy a full 40 years before the Legionnaire ever did?

[ January 30, 2012, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I have no idea but I am thoroughly intrigued / confused. You say from a publishing perspective - does that mean it was published in 1918? Or maybe that in the story, it took place in 1918? But it was in Superboy's time - so it was published during a point in real history when Superboy's time would have been around 1918? So maybe it was in a story written around 1940? Just speculating here.

As I said, I have no idea, so here's a guess that doesn't really fit with my above ramblings, but picking a hero with 20th century connections: Brainiac 5.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Xben:
You say from a publishing perspective - does that mean it was published in 1918?

It would, assuming that the Legionnaire in question first went to Superboy's time in a comic published in 1958 (hint... they didn't [Wink] )

Basically, I'm saying that some Legionnaire's first time travel trip to Superboy's time took place in a comic published 40 years after a comic in which their parents had done so.

(Two other hints - I phrased it as "Superboy's time" to avoid confusion over the 20th vs. 21st century; secondly, it was specifically Superboy's time, not Supergirl's - this individual had previously been to her time).

Oh, and , no... not Brainiac-5.

[ January 31, 2012, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, I see how I misread this. I was assuming it was before <i>any</i> Legionnaires had made the trip.

I'll think some more.

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I still don't understand the question. I can't get past the fact that, from a publiher's POV, the Legion first met Superboy in 1958. But I'll guess CosmicBoy.

[Cosmic Boy - Animated]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
I still don't understand the question.

Yeah, it's a little tricky because the question has two different reference scales - real world time (40 years publishing difference between the two stories) and comic book time (both the parents of the Legionnaire, and then later the Legionnaire, both time traveled to Smallville during the time of Superboy).

I'll try to make it more simple:

- Once, a comic book was published showing someone's parents time-traveling back to Smallville.

- 40 years later, a different comic was published that showed their child, who was a Legionnaire, time-traveling back to Smallville.

- It was the first time that Legionnaire had ever done so.

Who was the Legionnaire?

P.S. - not Cos.

--------------------

Exnihil

whoops... double post

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Saturn Girl

--------------------
~Integritas~

Xben
Deputy

Yeah, I was confused at first, but the key is that we're not talking about when the founders first paid a visit, we're talking about a 40 year gap between the parents and another specific Legionnaire. This means that the earliest we could have seen this Legionnaire visit Superboy's time is 1998, 40 years after the first Legion story, but it's probably even later than that, since there wasn't even a "Superboy" at the time. (I guess "young Clark Kent's time" might be the same as "Superboy's time" though.)

So if I'm interpreting this correctly that means that any Legionnaire we ever saw go back to Smallville in Superboy's time prior to 1998 is automatically out.

Off the top of my head, that eliminates the founders, Ultra Boy, Star Boy, Blok, Dawnstar, Karate Kid, Shadow Lass, Mon-El, Triplicate Girl, Phantom Girl and I'm sure heaps of others.

Of course my key problem is that I can't remember any seeing any Legion parents visiting Smallville at all. The latest that the parent's trip could have been show would be the early 1970's. So that would seem to eliminate characters were created after that.

Anyway, after all that, I'll guess Colossal Boy, because he fits my logic so far and because I can remember that his parents have actually be seen on panel!

--------------------

The truth set me free

Exnihil

Outstanding logic, Xben! Everything you said above is correct... except the answer. [Wink]

Colossal Boy travelled back to Smallville in Adventure Comics 351, back in '66, which would make the "40 year gap" occur in '26, prior to the start of DC comics.

Not Saturn Girl, either, KK.

P.S. - It was definitely during a period when there was a "Superboy" as opposed to just a "young Clark Kent"

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm also having a bit of trouble understanding this question... well, I actually get it now after Exnihil's second-to-last post - I just don't get how the situation can be possible - but that's why I really like this question. It's a mind-teaser!

---

Adding to Xben's detective work, I think we can eliminate every Legionnaire invented after Chemical King since the oldest of them, Wildfire, is only 39 years old - thus, none of those Legionnaires could have had parents go back in time before they were invented UNLESS those parents pre-dated their invention. But the only character I can think of that fits that bill is XS, and then - only her Mum, not her Dad.

But since I think most of the Adventure-era members went back to Smallville, who does that leave us with? I have no idea.

So I'll guess - Magnetic Kid.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Ayla

--------------------
~Integritas~

This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.