Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 4 (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  70  71  72   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 4
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Neither Ayla nor Pol.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll steal Blacula's idea and say XS.

[XS] [Superboy]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Seems to me Supergirl's parents were first published early enough, so that's going to be my guess.

I took a guess at XS too before reading Blacula's post, and came up with the same problem, I didn't think Dawn Allen was time traveling with a husband or boyfriend.

I can't think of any second-generation Legionnaires and the only "DCU legacy" Legionnaires I can think of are XS, Brainiac 5, and Supergirl (okay not really a Super-legacy, but rather a contemporary brand extension [Smile] ).

So if it isn't Supergirl, or some other DCU legacy character I'm missing, I'm guessing the parents weren't created specifically as the Legionnaire's parents, but rather the Legionnaire was created from the parents, or they were created independently and some writer along the way decided "hey, wouldn't it be cool if those two throwaway characters were _____'s parents?"

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

I'm not sure about the time-traveling exploits of Supergirl's parents (they well could have visited Smallville, I'm just not aware if they did or not) but a quick bit of research shows that Supergirl traveled back to Superboy-era Smallville in Superboy #80, April of 1960. So even if they did possibly precede her, there's not enough of a buffer to have it had been 40 years prior.

And neither is it XS, as I'm fairly certain her father was only created during the Archie era.

quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
I'm guessing the parents weren't created specifically as the Legionnaire's parents, but rather the Legionnaire was created from the parents, or they were created independently and some writer along the way decided "hey, wouldn't it be cool if those two throwaway characters were _____'s parents?"

As another hint, I will say that both of the scenarios described above are false. The two people were created specifically as ???'s parents.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Well then as Blacula says, it has to be a Legionnaire that came before Wildfire.

(Unless there's a character that's been around a long time but only became a Legionnaire later?)

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
There are characters who were around for a long time and became Legionnaires later - Polar Boy and White Witch both fit that bill. Whether their parents ever visited Superboy's time, though, I have no idea.

Another character with famous parents, or at least a famous Dad is Chameleon Boy, and he did visit Superboy sometime in the 1970's, during that Blood Crystal story. I can't remember if he visited before that, and I don't recall RJ Brande going back to Superboy's time really early on at all. But whatever, I'll guess Chameleon Boy.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Oops, I just realized how my guess completely violates my logic - the 1970's is the latest the parents could have made the trip, not the Legionnaire. So I will change my guess to White Witch.

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with Polar Boy because, now that you mention it, it sounds kind of familiar.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Does Marzal popping in count? I'll guess Tyroc.

[Tyroc - Animated]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking Rond Vidar, but the question said parents plural and I don't think we ever knew of Rond's mom.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Rond crossed my mind too, and Universo did a bunch of time traveling in his first story, it's implied, but not to Superboy's time. And I don't know when we've seen Rond travel to Superboy's time in recent years (or ever, I guess). But then it's a good guess. I was wondering if it might have to do with a "non-standard" Legionnaire - like Rond, or Nemesis Kid, Alaktor, etc. Anyway, the question has got me thinking, that's for sure.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
(Unless there's a character that's been around a long time but only became a Legionnaire later?)

Indeed.

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I'll go with Polar Boy because, now that you mention it, it sounds kind of familiar.

Indeed!

Yep. What do you do if you are the Silver Age Superboy, and your foster parents become possessed by alien flame beings?

Why, the most natural thing in the world... you summon the parents of a passing acquaintance from 1000 years hence to pose as your new foster parents, thereby tricking the flame beings to possess this new couple and then... right at the moment of possession... you have them activate their natural cold-generation powers, killing the aliens:

-

All of that took place in Superboy #148, in 1968, a full 40 years before Polar Boy himself ever travelled to that same period (in Legion of Three Worlds) to retrieve a lock of Luthor's hair.

As I mentioned earlier, Polar Boy had previously travelled to the 20th century, but that had been to Supergirl's time period, in Adventure 351.

Bit of a tricky one, but Eryk got it.

--------------------

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

I claim partial credit for loophole-identification!

I was wondering why Xben mentioned Polar Boy fit my loophole, but didn't actually guess him. [Smile]

Xben
Deputy

Just because I didn't remember anything about his parents going back in time, so I guessed White Witch instead, who I equally didn't remember. Sadly, if it was written before 1980 and it isn't in the Archives, I'm pretty unaware of it.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
In Adv. 354-355, Polar Boy is shown to have joined the Adult Legion, since the Legion and Subs merged after so many members had left both groups. Which other Sub is confirmed (via letter column) as having joined the regular Legion?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.