Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Your 5 CURRENT favorite titles (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Your 5 CURRENT favorite titles
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Behind on my reading...but here we go (in no particular order):

American Vampire - Just a great book all the way around, and I am not that big of a fan of Vampires.

The Walking Dead - The best book I read at the moment probably. The first one I want to read when I get a new issue anyway.

Chew - Funny, twisted and the best book that not enough people are reading.

Green Hornet: Year One - Remember that movie that came out with Seth Rogan...this is nothing like that. This is unbelievably good. Need to catch up though.

Alpha Flight - Actually enjoying the hell out of this book and looking forward to it more than any other 'hero' book out there right now. Who would have thunk.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay another alpha flight fan. I'm a long time AF follower and have stuck with them through thick and thin. It is the only other group that recieved thier own photomanip gallery on my site (of course the Legion has 5 unique galleries!)

My list in no particular order:

Alpha Flight
Legion of Superheroes
Walking Dead
GI Joe
Lenore (though this one is kinda spotty on being published regularly)

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Hmm... I think I'm going to have a hard time thinking of 5 titles that I really like. let's see:
- Green Lantern: Always a big fan of Hal, Johns's stories aren't my favorite, but they are big and feel important to the mythos.
- Moon Knight: I'm listing this mostly because I'm a fan of the character. I'm not really taken by Bendis's interpretation and I find Maleev's art attractive, but the photoreferencing makes people look too stiff.
- Hmmm.... Ok, I give up already. Everything else I'm currently buying is just kinda ... eh

Drake, may I recommend:

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:

Walking Dead: Still there and the only book I read as soon as it comes out! Totally addicted to it and all its twist and turns.

Scalped: Such a great, great saga with compelling characters that live, breathe and constantly surprise you.

American Vampire: It was tempting to put Snyder's run on Detective here instead, but this is where he lets loose with his own characters! Snyder is the next big writer in comics. He's not much of a secret anymore, but if you try AmVamp out, I'm sure you'll see his rep is deserved!

Morning Glories: Before Scott Snyder was Nick Spencer. MG is an addicting mystery full of unexpected twists and turns. It's the comics equivalent of Lost with its layered mysteries. Like Lost, it's the characters that keep you coming back for more!

Chew: Awesome, twisted and, yes, funny comic book set in a world where chicken has been outlawed. John Layman & Rob Guilloroy may be the best writer/artist team in comics right now, for my money!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Uh oh. I made a mistake spending too much time here in Gym'll's. I'm starting to think about checking out some of these books I've never considered before. Publishers should pay you guys.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
Uh oh. I made a mistake spending too much time here in Gym'll's. I'm starting to think about checking out some of these books I've never considered before. Publishers should pay you guys.

[Evil]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Duh. Maybe they do!

--------------------

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

We're corporate shills, I tells ya! [Yes]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
There are two on Lardy's list that I do not read at this point...but would feel completely safe in picking them up, and will at some point (in trades). He and Cobie will not steer you wrong.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
There are two on Lardy's list that I do not read at this point...

Scalped and Morning Glories, eh? Can't wait for you to check 'em out! [Yes]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Soon enough. I'm enjoying the hell out of the Dynamite stuff I am getting right now, and Planet of the Apes from Book.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hard to go wrong with Dynamite! Did you ever check out the Lone Ranger series that recently ended?

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Looking for it. Money is tight, so I am doing what I can.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Might be at you library. It's REALLY good! [Yes]

--------------------

Legion Tracker
Veteran

I picked up American Vampire #10 today. It was the earliest issue they had at the shop. I only got it because you guys--even vampire non-fans like me--laud it so much. I liked the story and art except for the vampire parts. I'll have to give it another read to see if I wanna pick up more.

I'm liking Kirby Genesis a lot.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm really liking Kirby Genesis too, LT! Would love to read you review it!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.