Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Your latest favorite song (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Your latest favorite song
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
One is already in the works.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
...And I'm getting to know the Polyphonic Spree.

I kinda like Polyphonic Spree, but I totally burned out on them when I did storyboards for their video (actually I went from "what's this odd music?", to "this is really catchy!" to "Oh my god, get that song out of my head!!!"). Maybe I'll be able to listen to them again someday...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I tend to mix new stuff with some older songs I haven't heard in a while. It sort of helps me appreciate both then.

Right now, Snow Patrol's new hit "Run" is getting some airtime.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's a good one CJ. Along with that, my latest favorites include Breaking Benjamin's 'So Cold' and 'Pain' from Jimmy Eat World.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Breaking Benjamin is ruling the rock station playlist here.

A feel good tune I'm guiltfully enjoying "Give a Little Bit" covered by the Goo Goo Dolls.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
See my new GWEN STEFANI thread.

The blonde goddess has gone full-on retro and I'm more than ever wanting to be her manbitch!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Today, it's the extended version of "Chain of Fools" off the reissue of Aretha Franklin's "Lady Soul" LP.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Angel City by Helicopter Girl....
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
See my new GWEN STEFANI thread.

The blonde goddess has gone full-on retro and I'm more than ever wanting to be her manbitch!

I haven't heard Gwen's new one yet but I'm there!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

The new Green Day single, "Boulevard" is a great tune, one of the best on the new CD.
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Kings of Convenience - I'd Rather Dance With You: Nice little ditty
U2 - Vertigo: I love the gituars in this one
Pharrell (N.E.R.D./Neptunes), Beck, Jay-Z -Frontin' on Debra: Cool mix of Beck and Pharrell songs that blend well

Oldie but goodie: Luscious Jackson - Naked Eye: I heard this on the radio a couple of weeks ago and remembered how cool it is

[ October 20, 2004, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Hey LL, I'm getting into a band from out your way, lately.

Silvercrush, kind of a Rusted Root sound. I'm told they're from Utah. Know much about them?

Lightning Lad
Founder

I've heard a couple of their songs. Their lead guitarist used to play with Lifehouse and I think the guy who produced their album played for John Mellencamp. I'm not aware of a new album from them. Their first one (only one I know of) came out in 2002, 'Stand'. Not much else. Oh, except they were named Utah's Best Rock Band in 2002.

Any particular track?

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Well, I'm digging the title track, as well as "Who is Me" and "Dance."

Funny you mentioned their getting the best rock band recognition. Rolling Stones Best New Band in 2002, Psuedopod, had a great debut album that sold 86 copies (no typo.) Seems some talented bands just aren't getting the attention they deserve.

Kid Psychout
Your mind is my playground

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Psychout   Email Kid Psychout         Edit/Delete Post     
given a copy of Crash by Dave Matthews Band and 'Crash Into Me' is amazing. am trying not to drive the neighbours mad with it.

and ihateadmittingthissoooomuch, Call On Me the Eric Prydze version. Honestly, they just played it on the juke at pub and ...got interested in the video clip. It played a few times. Next thing i know this song which is NOT what i like in music has slipped around the back of my cerebellum and mugged some part of my brainstem. I keep finding myself singing along to it, which is kinda annoying COZ IT ONLY HAS ONE #$%^ LINE. 'call on me, callon me. Call on me'...

From: Melbourne, Auz. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.