Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Your latest favorite song (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Your latest favorite song
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
You got something against their latest, Duality?

?? I loved Duality - I listed it earlier in this thread actually (page3), but that was a couple of months ago. I was saying that I've been too into girlie music lately though.
Must have missed your earlier listing of it. It just started to get airplay here about two weeks ago.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beardguy57
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beardguy57   Author's Homepage   Email beardguy57         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know any of these songs, I'm 47 and I don't keep up with current pop music.

The song I'm listening to a LOT lately is DANCING MADLY BACKWARDS, by Captain beyond, from the album of the same name. It's from 1972.

--------------------
A true friend is someone who believes in you even when you don't believe in yourself.

From: Philadelphia, Pa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurking Violet
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
[Shrinking Violet] Maroon 5's She Will Be Loved actually gives me goose bumps. [Shrinking Violet]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Psychout
Your mind is my playground

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Psychout   Email Kid Psychout         Edit/Delete Post     
Joanna Newsome (not sure of spelling) Bridges & Balloons. she sounds like bjork on helium but it's a damn catchy tune.

also the Dresden Dolls' "The Girl Anachronism"

and for best song title Aus comedy hip hop "Your Mama's On The Top Of My Thingd To Do List".

From: Melbourne, Auz. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
The Killerz - "Somebody Told Me."

I don't know what I love about the song, it's just catchy and works. And the bright lights of the music video make me laugh.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Killerz have that whole 80's dance vibe going, and it works well. It's not a retro feel, just that something missing from standard radio pop, rock, and R&B.

Great Big Sea, out of Canada, does a version of the old ballad John Barbour on their new cd. AWESOME!

--------------------
Just spouting off.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
'American Idiot' by Green Day. Perfect song for an election year.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
Girls Aloud! I'm Just A Love Machine!

[ September 09, 2004, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Comet King ]

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
I've decided that you US types need to educate yourselves about Girls Aloud!

www.girlsaloud.co.uk

Who's you favourite Girl Aloud? I like Nicola and Cheryl Tweedy!

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Comet King:
I've decided that you US types need to educate yourselves about Girls Aloud!

www.girlsaloud.co.uk

Who's you favourite Girl Aloud? I like Nicola and Cheryl Tweedy!

Oh my god -- I'm not going to be able to get that song out of my head!! I likes it!! We'll see if the U.S. can take a Spice Girls sequel... (I couldn't tell which girl was which, but I liked the redhead in blue).

Oh yeah, but my latest fav is "C'mon, C'mon" by the Von Bondies. It's the theme song for that FX show "Rescue Me."

You can see the video here:
Launch.com

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I've had a new one leapfrog over all other contenders! The song I look most forward to on the radio now is the latest BLACK EYED PEAS release... but a question.

I'm certain they're saying "Let's Get It Started" but when I looked up the cd there is a song listed as "Let's Get Retarded". Am I hearing wrong, reading wrong or both?

Whatever, the song is WAY good... I'm gonna have to get the BEP cd I guess.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lightning Lad
Founder

Lash, the only good Black Eyed Peas are served with cornbread. Anyone knows that. [Big Grin]
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I must disagree, my friend!

"Where Is The Love" was good, "Hy Mama" was even better, and now "Let's Get It Started" is rockin'! Yep, gonna have to buy that BEP cd...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

But you're also unlikely to ever catch me turning down black eyed peas with cornbread, I must say.

--------------------

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I just rediscovered my best of Ian Hunter CD. There's a tune called "All American Alien Boy" that has a saxaphone that just wails.
It's a great CD if you're into older rockers at all.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.