Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"You Kill Me"

A killer (Ben Kingsly) is forced into AA because his drinking is getting in the way of his work. The description alone was enough to pique my distorted sense of humor but add in Tea Leoni (yumm) and one of my favorite character actors, Bill Pullman...

Did I mention it's also set in a funeral parlor?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Sigh...

I'm nearly through everything I can find from the League of Gentlemen. Why none of you British posters made note of this series--leaving me to discover it by accident--is beyond me. I suppose you just wanted to keep it local.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
The Mole. Although this season has been a bit lackluster, it's still one of the more involving reality shows. (And I'm supplementing it with episodes of Season 1 on DVD.)
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Eureka on Sci-fi.com since i don't have cable or satelite.

I just found the show a couple of weeks ago when i was out of town and it was on the hotel tv.

I like it, its a fun little show that doesn't try to be to grand.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Friends of mine are big fans of Eureka, recently gave me the first two seasons to watch. I agree with you, they don't try to overdo it and the premises are fairly realistic. The character personalities, including the house, [Wink] are some of the best on TV IMO.

I do wish they had more episodes with Lojack though.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, until Heroes and Supernatural start up, Eureka is all I watch. (And even then, Heroes has burned me two seasons in a row, so they better get their act in gear!)

I kinda want the focus to go back to characters like Jo and the kid with the glasses who's always messing up. Zane annoys me and I am sending negative energy his way, in hopes that something bad happens to him. Zoe's boyfriend can also suffer the same mysterious and tragic fate, for all I care.

Also, the actress who plays Jo should play Wonder Woman. Something about her demeanor makes me think 'Amazon princess.' Or maybe it's just her nose.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Jo does have a mediteranean look to me. Hank is probably my favorite character, easy for me to identify with but Jo would be a close second.

I've not seen Season 3, so Zane is still around? Not my favorite. Too out of character for Jo to put up with that without at least an armbar. There are enough wormholes floating around that place, both boyfriends could just disappear and it wouldn't even be necessary to wrap a show around it. Just asimple, hey, where'd those two go? Don't know, must have fallen into a wormhole.

Were there any other new characters for season 3?

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy: Were there any other new characters for season 3?
A corporate exec type, sent to improve Global Dynamic's bottom-line. She immediately rubs almost everyone the wrong way (implementing all sorts of fees and prices for things that are generally free in Eureka, like meals in Cafe Diem and arguing to shut down any 'pure research' that doesn't have money-making applications). I'm not sure, but she looks kind of like the chain-smoking case-worker, Juno, from Beetlejuice.

There's some nice passive-aggressive resistance to her ideas. After stating that meals at the Cafe are no longer free, she stops in for a coffee and the guy in charge says, 'That'll be 25 dollars.' The next person in line orders the same thing and he's like, 'Oh, no charge for you.'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Have to wait an entire year for the DVD. [Frown]

Battlestar Galactica seasons 1-3. After Eureka and Stargate, have to say the dialogue and character personalities in BG comes off severely lacking. It does have that well defined goal (reaching Earth) and leading mystery (13th Cylon) the others don't so I was somewhat interested. The space scenes/battles were awesome but they would do some really dumb stuff like, have faster than light spaceships but not be able to stick something into a coin size hole to keep a spacedock from leaking air. crazy.

Mysery Alaska: hockey meets spectacular scenery in a slapstick comedy. It's great because see, it's really a guy flick but you can pass it off as a chick flick and score double points with your girl.

Does Russel Crowe make any bad movies?

Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Weeds! Beside that, nothing. It's Summer, nothing is on.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Control

About Ian Curtis and Joy Division.

Probably only hit home to me because this was my undergrad years and I had probably the only roommate in the entirety of rural/small town Indiana (Purdue) that was into new wave. The good old days, doing the sizzle on the cafeteria floor. We knew Devo before the world and all the Brians and Iggy before most of America did. Joy Division was a rumor.

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The final season of "The Shield" just started and I'm totally psyched! This is an awesome show - it's the kind of show where everything builds on everything else and one of the most important resolutions has been coming since the end of the pilot episode - can't wait to see how this all pans out!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Drake, I'm also a huge SHIELD fan and am really psyched too! The quality has never faltered and even though I missed a bunch of eps last season, I'm still totally excited (and can always catch up on the DVD seasons).
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched the film, "How the West Was Won," this weekend for the very first time.

It is the prototypical example of the "All Star Epic" including turns by Jimmy Stewart, Gregory Peck, and Henry Fonda. Admittedly, it's a bit dated (both in its historic approach and its filming technique - something called Cinerama that utilized three concurrent cameras and creates an effect that's a bit distracting on a flat screen) but for the sheer scope of what it attempts (a multi-generational tale that spans nearly the entire 19th century) it was quite impressive.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
What new shows are people interested in checking out?

Fringe: The most highly anticipated new show for me - the pedigree has a lot to live up to.

Dollhouse: Same as above, but less so. I'm not convinced Eliza Dushku is actually a good actress, despite how much Joss Whedon loves her.

My Own Worst Enemy: Nice to see Christian Slater in the spotlight again after years of supporting work. Interesting premise (I can see the pitch: "It's like a cross between 'Fight Club' and 'Alias'!")

[ September 09, 2008, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.