Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » COMMUNITY in its own thread at last! (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: COMMUNITY in its own thread at last!
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
What, no comments about this week's episode?

Actually kind of "meh" for me.

I did think the anime foosball sequence was funny. And the ending with 'lil Jeff and 'lil Shirley walking off together was cute.

And now Annie seems to have the hots for abed. The only guy she hasn't had a crush on is Pierce.

Speaking of which we are *way* overdue for a Chevy-centric episode...

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It was kinda meh, but meh Community is still better than just about everything else... I'm still in shock from the upcoming hiatus...

I do love when Troy goes all squealy, as in "You were supposed to tone us down!"

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I think this episode suffered from not having señor chang or the dean. They tend to spice things up.

And I demand more Britta, who is my favorite character this season.

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I have to say that I liked the basic idea of the episode, but it kind of fell flat.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Too much Shirley--she's best used more judiciously I think to make her funny or heart warming.

Agree about Chang and the Dean. I'm still cracking up over the Dean going crazy director a few weeks ago. [LOL]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yeah the ep def. suffered from the lack of Dean and Britta!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[shrug]

I loved seeing Shirley in this capacity, actually. Seeing her sordid past as "Big Cheddar" kind of opened up a new little window on her personality.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'll agree with that... I'm probably being too harsh on the episode. I think it was mainly the switch to 'Japanimation', which would have wowed on any other show, just fell flat with me on Community which is already head and shoulders above everything else. The episode didn't really need that bit of extra.

Aww, heck! Any ep with Abed as Batman is a winner!! Troy forcing himself to play along with Annie's wacky scheme was adorable.

I can't not love this show!!!

--------------------

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Community = Legion World

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Six seasons and a movie.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
ATTENTION!!!

The best episode of the season is in progress right now!!!!

Every season there are fall on your face genius episodes! This is one.

'Baby Boomer Santa' is probably the greatest moment of my year.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

boopdy doopdy doopdy doo- SEX!

I teared up at the end...

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

This one is going to need to be re-watched over and over for general awesomeness, and to catch all the little groovy lines!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

A delightful recap of last night's episodes... and the comment section is full of Community-lovers in utter turmoil about this being the end for the foreseeable future:

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/community-season-3-episode-10-christmas-glee/

--------------------

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Danny Pudi and Yvette Nicole Brown (Abed and Shirley) made awesome cameos on "Chuck" last week. Pudi was playing a "replacement Lester" and absolutely nailed Vik Sahay's mannerisms. It was really funny.

I guess Ryan "Captain Awesome" McPartlin was also on Community earlier this season as well (still waiting for Season 2 on Netflix).

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.