Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » COMMUNITY in its own thread at last! (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: COMMUNITY in its own thread at last!
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LASHbrain:
So... after the holidays COMMUNITY will be going on a hiatus of unspecified length while NBC moves some shows around.

Well, that sucks... this show remains sprockin' brilliant... Let's hope something else fails soon...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KidChaos:
quote:
j'ADORE Abed-documentary episodes... and enjoyed this spotlight on everyone's favoriter insane Dean.

Did I detect a hint of jealousy at the end between Abed and Troy/Britta's hug?

But which one is Abed jealous of?
Abed and Troy. Troybed.

Deep down, Troy knows it too.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So I was walking to class this morning and I totally saw someone who looks like Luis Guzman!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Troy and Britta?......yes.

[Yes]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
So I was walking to class this morning and I totally saw someone who looks like Luis Guzman!

Doesn't he seem like the coolest person ever to hang out with?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I MUST HAVE MORE INFO, EDE!!!!

Is he a fan of COMMUNITY? Or of the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO? Is he a student, a teacher or a security guard? DISH, child!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know! I just briefly saw him through a window in the parking garage!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I just bought the Season 2 DVD of Community so I'm doing my little part to keep this show on the air.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Enormous DVD sales are what brought FAMILY GUY back to Fox, so this is good! I remember reading awhile back that sales of COMMUNITY Season 1 were bigger than expected for NBC!

Some EMMY love this year would also help tremendously!!

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
quote:
j'ADORE Abed-documentary episodes... and enjoyed this spotlight on everyone's favoriter insane Dean.

Did I detect a hint of jealousy at the end between Abed and Troy/Britta's hug?

But which one is Abed jealous of?
Abed and Troy. Troybed.

Deep down, Troy knows it too.

Threesome. [Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

Doesn't he seem like the coolest person ever to hang out with?
I hear he got laid a lot.

I shoulda' gone to community college, too. [sigh]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Another kick to Community's metaphorical shins:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/21/nbc-up-all-night-episodes/

While I think UP ALL NIGHT is cute, it is NO Community...

--------------------

cleome46

Up All Night is still finding its voice, but it's coming along.

Because of the comparably smaller main cast, I tend to think of it as less "sprawly" than Community, but in both cases I think the casting is good and the chemistry between the leads is a pleasure to watch.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Bah! Whitney sucks and Up All Night isn't on the same level. Community needs to exist!
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
So I just finished watching season 2 of this show and OhMyGod is it FUNNY!!! I ended up having to buy the first season too after my computer crashed and I lost all the episodes I'd downloaded and I am now going to lend them out to all my friends to get them hooked on this show too.

That paintball two-parter to end the season on was absolutley AMAZING! The first season's paintball episode was really great and then this one just took it to a whole new level. All the Western touches in the first part and then the Star Wars ones in the second had me in stitches. I totally second Cobie's shout out of Vicki's line about dancing on the table-top ("This is the only life I know") as being the line of the season. SO HILARIOUS!

I rewatched the entire first season straight after I'd finished it and I'm going to do it again with the second. There are so many great jokes and scenes that are just as funny the second time around.

All that said, there have been a few clunker episodes each season. I really hated that Psychology test storyline from the first season where Abed foiled Annie and Professor Duncan's test. I don't remember being a big fan of that Jeff pool-class episode either. This season had that Chang in jail episode and especially that Pulp Fiction/My Dinner with Andre episode that didn't work for me. So many of the others have been absolute gold though.

As for characters, Jeff and Annie are probably my favourites of the main bunch - but I love all the minor/side characters too, ESPECIALLY Dean Pelton! I don't think I have ever not found him funny in a scene.

Which brings me to my one big problem with the show -

Shirley. I don't think I have ever found her funny in a scene. She almost drags the whole show down for me. I have to fast-forward through almost every line she has when I rewatch first season episodes. I feel she became more likeable somehow in the second season but I still don't find anything about her, her storylines, or the actress playing her funny.

No show is perfect though so I can overlook that minor annoyance and appreciate the really top-notch creative/comedic brilliance that the rest of the show displays.

Wish season 3 would hurry up and finish over there so I can get that DVD too.

[ December 01, 2011, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.