Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread (Page 40)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  62  63  64   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I support Mythical May! I'll get started on some "versus" stuff. I have an OLD one to post.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Yup. It's "Legion of Myth" in May, for me! [Smile]

I researched the Yuki-onna myth (literally Snow Woman) in wiki, and jotted down a few ideas on a "Japanese" story featuring Mysa and Blok (there's also an old hag who is sometimes confused with the good-evil Yuki-onna). I'd love to draw Mysa in a strange looking kimono! [Big Grin]

(Uh, this IS the correct thread to vote and comment, right? I'm still a bit overwhelmed by the immensity of this forum, so I may post in the wrong topic occasionally, or be a bit off-topic. Sorry about that. Just tell me if it's a no-no!) [Smile]

[ March 21, 2007, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
May the month of May be mired in Mythical Legionnaires (don't forget the mythical *heroes* and monsters, too...)!
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote for Mythical.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Set, I'm not sure if your comments are votes or just suggestions? Since there are three, I'm counting them as votes.
I'm awful at the actual voting concept, I tend to just make suggestions as ideas inspire me. My bad!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah!! Myths in MAy!!!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Another vote for Mythic May.

Between the thunder and lightning motif, the 'king of the gods' thing and the silver arm, Lightning Lad could stand in for Thor, Zeus or Nuada Airgitlamh (Celtic lore / Tuathe De), depending on where the author wants to go!

Dawnstar as Nike, the goddess also known as 'winged victory?'

Nox, goddess of the night, aka, Shadow Lass.

Ares, god of war and savagry in battle, aka Timber Wolf.

Apollo, the high-flying sun-god, aka Sun Boy.

And that's just the easy ones, the Greek pantheons. Tying a group of time-lost Legionnaires to the Egyptian, Aztec, Norse, Celtic, etc. pantheons would be even crazier!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm in for Myths in May.

I'll try to contribute to April's, but nothing has inspired me yet...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Is there any doubt that it's Myths for May? Make May Magical!

Get a jump on June, start rockin' the vote!

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

For June, art or fanfic or whatever inspired by the cartoon could be a neat way to fill in the between-season jonesin' sure to occur after Sundown 1 & 2 air.
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
-- Cartoon based stuff
-- team one Legion member with one JLA member and one JSA member

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Make Jamm Cool
[Jamm]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Legionnaires with JSA/JLA for June!
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Legionnaires with JSA/JLA would space-rawk! I love the idea! Makes me wish I could draw. [sigh]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
JSA/JLA/LoSH teamup looks might tasty this month. Anybody else wanna weigh in before I call the vote for June 1st? (I know I'm a little behind)...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  62  63  64   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.