Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread (Page 37)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  62  63  64   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll suggest a Cockrum tribute of some sort.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Good idea -- what about using his unused characters? Take a look at the threads Scott bumped over at the Visionaries forum to see what I'm talking about. If this wins out, we'll make an official list.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
As much as making anaglam characters sounds entertaining, the Cockrum tribute gets my vote. Especially since he's got so many potential character ideas that never got used.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I fully support a Cockrum tribute. I'd prefer not to limit this to just his unused characters, or for that matter, Legion characters. How 'bout ANY character he illustrated?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... I'd favor "Cockrum designs" more generally, but prefer to keep it Legion oriented. I'm actually fairly open, however.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
COCKRUM tribute.

Off the top of my head, This would include Infectious Lass, Porcupine Pete, Wildfire, Tyr, Molecule Master, Devil-Fish, all of those awesome 70s LSH costumes he designed, Marvel's Imperial Guard and his unused OUTSIDERS characters if we want to keep it Legion-related. That's a good bit of characters!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Cockrum Tribute here too. I'll even come back to the fold and write a short-story or poem or something...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Cockrum ~ in all his amazing permutations of design, be it characters or costumes.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangirl Girl
Every Bishonen's Worst Nightmare

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fangirl Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Fangirl Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Count one more for a Cockrum tribute.

--------------------
Beware Fangirl Girl! Her power will force you into saucy slash situations you cannot escape from! *evil laugh* Don't drop the soap!

From: Washington state, have a second home in hell though where I stay when called in | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Cockrum [Smile] I already have stuff ready. saves me starting a new thread.

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Mystery Lad's legion mash-up idea is a lot of fun but by a landslide January 1st's update will be a tribute gallery to Dave Cockrum (any and all things Cockrum!). Get started on creative work now if you've got some holiday free time [Yes]

And please feel free to start voting for February!

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
For Feb, how about Mon-el in honor of his return?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Mon-El is a Super-b idea! Add my vote to that choice.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Paging MEL!!!! We need your leadership!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I've gone ahead and called it! The Feb. exhibit is called Mon-El's Zone. Please submit your creative works featuring Lar Gand as Mon-El, M'Onel, Valor, etc....

Also, let's begin our nominations for the March theme!!!!

What's going on in March? Spring, St. Patrick's Day. That's a lot of green stuff. How 'bout a
GREEN LEGION exhibit? If it's green, and has to do with the Legion, make an exhibit out of it. Let's see... Zoe wore green a lot. Brainy has green skin. Emerald Empress has green hair and clothing. Lamprey had a lot of green....

or

SPRING LEGION! Legionnaires in gardens full of flowers or out in the sunshine.

or

BLONDES! (How's that for a theme change?) Saturn Girl, Andromeda, Element Lad, Nemesis Kid, Mentalla, etc etc....

Okay, those are my three....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  62  63  64   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.