Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread (Page 39)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  62  63  64   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I like Versus a lot.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Versus also sounds great. It could make it more challenging (re: more fun) to do limericks or poems for them. I already am feeling a Jan/Roxxas thing bubbling in me.

I'm loving the Emerald Exhibit. Set has really knocked the ball out of the park story-wise, and looking forward to Eryk's finalized addition!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Just because I've been in a tallying sort of mood lately, I couldn't help but count up the votes here.

Yellow Kid, I did count your comments as votes/nominations.

Set, you commented on a couple of different topics, so I counted your comments as a vote for each topic.

This is not science, it is art, so nothing I now post has to be anything even close to a final decision. Plus, I always feel a little more comfortable when MEL is the one making the decisions here at the MoLA.

Plus, there's still plenty of time until April.

Okay, this is what I got...

VERSUS! (7 votes)
Legion characters battling against their enemies. This could be their arch nemesis or anyone, really. It could be one on one or groups on groups.

MYTHICAL HEROES! (5 votes)
Legion characters as gods and godesses.

TRIOS! (4 votes)
Three Legion characters at a time. There should be some reason for them being grouped together, like the Founders, Triplicate Girl, love triangles, power similarities, family bond, etc.

CARTOON UNIVERSE (2 votes)

MARVEL LEGION (2 votes)

One vote for each of the following:
LIGHT LASS
MATTER EATER LAD
MORDRU
FAMILIES
LIGHT SPEED VANGUARD
WANDERERS (current version)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Well you can add one more vote to the Verus column.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Any more votes until we call it for April 1st?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Mythical Heroes (From all kinds of cultures. I can only imagine all the costumes and stories Legion World's artists and writers will create for the characters. I gotta start reading some stories soon!). [Smile]

[ March 17, 2007, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Mythical. Growing up I had two passions. One was the Legion and the other was Greek mythology. It would be fun to see the two merge. Sun Boy as Helios? Shadow Lass as Selene? Lightning Lad as Zeus? Dream Girl as Aphrodite?

[ March 19, 2007, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Ram Boy ]

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

(Pls, don't count this post too as a vote).

That would be nice Ram Boy. [Smile]
(I can't imagine what Dr. Gym'll would look like as Asclepius the god of medicine, though). [Big Grin]
But as a Greek I'm kinda used to all those myths, so I'd prefer other mythical personalities too.

I'd love to see, lemme think now....

Lightning Lad as Thor (not *that* Thor),
Shadow Kid as Krishna,
Colossal Boy as a nordic giant,
Lightning Lass as Saule, the Lithuanian goddess of the sun,
Dream Boy as Menuo, the Lithuanian moon god,
Dream Girl...ok Nura would have to be a Delphi Oracle, the Pythia.
Shrinking Violet as a Lady of Faery.
Cham...Cham could be Proteus. He's a metamorphic god.
White Witch. So many possibilites. Even the Lady of the Lake of Arthurian legend.
Brainiac 5. Any blacksmith god/hero will do.
Shadow Lass as Nuit, the Egyptian goddess of the night.
Phantom Girl as a Japanese "Yuki-onna" a snow spirit.(Come to think of it Mysa does look like a snow spirit, too!)
Timber Wolf as Percival of Arthurian Legend also, etc.

Well, you get the idea. [Big Grin]

[ March 18, 2007, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Dain I love some of those ideas. In particular Colossal Boy as a Norse giant and White Witch as Lady of the Lake (really NEAT). I just used the Greeks as an example as they are my favorites. But at one point or another I've studied most of the mythologies of ancient Europe (outside of Europe? Not so much, with the exception of Egyptian and Babylonian). But if my math is correct (and in my case that's a BIG if), we still need a couple more votes in the mythology column or the whole point is moot. I hope it happens as the Legion really lends itself to this idea.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Heheheh. If my math is correct (and that's also a big if) it's 7-7. And yes, the Legion *does* lend itself to the idea.
I loved the "Arthurian" annual and even the "Oz" one, years ago. I study all kinds of myths. I find it very very entertaining and useful in my writing. [Smile]

(Just thought of something more. How about Grimbor as Hephaistos, the blacksmith god, Charma as the unfaithful Aphrodite, wife of Hephaistus. Add a very masculine, dashing Legionnaire as Ares, and there's the myth of Hephaistos, Aphrodite and Ares, Legion of SuperHeroes-style). [Wink]

[ March 19, 2007, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Dain ]

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Not necessarily moot. If the votes aren't there for April then I suggest you campaign for it in May.
[Big Grin]

I say it looks like we'll be seeing some wonderful art and stories for several months to come.

...hhhhhmmmm...

I don't write a lot of fanfic but I just may have to do a piece for the Legion of the Gods

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

I'm not much of an artist really, but I'll try to do a White Witch piece and maybe a couple more "mythical Legion" ones.
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Dreamy, Mysa and Imra as the Norns (or Fates) would be awesome.

Spider-Girl as a Hindu goddess, with her many 'arms' of hair replacing the extra pairs of arms that Hindu statues of Kali / etc often have would also rock hard.

Colossal Boy as Atlas, bearing the world on his shoulders.

Sun Boy as Apollo.

Lightning Lad and Light Lass as Frey and Freya.

Brainiac 5 in a blacksmith's apron, over some high-tech 'forge' with some undefinable hammer-shaped high-tech doohickey in hand, 'forging' a bolt of lightning, a la Hephaestus crafting the thunderbolts of Zeus. (Ooh! Better idea, Brainy as Giobniu, forging Nuada's silver hand for the maimed king, with the role of Nuada being played by a one-armed Lightning Lad!)

Ultra Boy as Herakles, wrestling the Nemean Lion!

Jason & the Argonauts, replaced by the Legionnaires! The Quest for the Golden Fleece replaced by the battle against the Sun-Eater!

Man, I love this idea. Then again, I'm fickle, I love most of the ideas...

[ March 19, 2007, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Oooh, wonderful ideas Set!
Spider-Girl as a Hindu goddess is ingenious! I love Sussa and would have liked to include her in my suggestions above but could think of nothing that fit.
Well, except for Arachne (the mortal weaver who offended Athena by claiming she's a better weaver and was punished by being turned into a spider blah-blah) but that's a bit obvious and definitely not in character with Sussa. I'm sure Sussa wouldn't have accepted her punishment without a fight first. [LOL]

[ March 19, 2007, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Love all the interest this month! Unfortunately it's also a bit muddled because some folks are commenting, suggesting and not voting, or voting for more than their top 3. The MLA only counts votes in the voting thread, and only the first 3 votes from any given voter. Yellow Kid, you said you weren't going to vote yet but we need to call the vote so I've taken your first three. Set, I'm not sure if your comments are votes or just suggestions? Since there are three, I'm counting them as votes. With that in mind it looks like we have a very narrow victory for the Versus idea.

8 Versus
7 Legion of Mythical Heroes
5 Trios
Light Lass
Cartoonverse
Matter-Eater Lad
Marvel LSH
Mordu
Family

There's so much interest in 'mythical heroes' that I'm highly encouraging the mythical heroes supporters to start voting for it for the May update. May voting starts here!

[ March 21, 2007, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  62  63  64   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.