Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Medicus Two: To be used when Medicus One is blown to tiny bits (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Medicus Two: To be used when Medicus One is blown to tiny bits
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Emily returned to Chief Lardy's side after a brief walk through a devastated landscape. She felt quite cold to all of it right now, because she knew her actions would bring an end to all this. This is kind of like the firing a nuclear bomb to prevent an endless war, she thought to herself. The Soul Gem hanged on her neck tightly, but the spirit was silent lately. It seemed to be waiting for a lull in the battles, as though there was someplace it needed to go.

Her path was stopped by a Lard-Bot. She said, "I command you to move in the name of Emily Osborn..."

Error: Incorrect Data

Emily sighed, "Please don't tell me Chief Lardy didn't run extensive diagnostic and ergonomic testing on you?"

Enter in commands or step aside.

Emily said, "Why will you not answer to the data I inputted?"

Lard-bots only accept correct data.

Emily thought, "Correct data...I command you to move in the name of Emily Sivana."

Data entered partially correct.

"You really need my middle name? Alright then, Emily Lana Sivana! Are you happy now?" She asked.

Data entered correctly. You may proceed.

Emily shook her head and returned to the hosptial. Well, you know what you are going to be doing tonight, huh Emily? Baby ****** programming! She tried to conceal her anger as she rejoined Chief Lardy's side.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev wandered around Medicus II. Checking in on various members, and support staff that were hurt in the fighting. All but one. He stopped at the door several times but could not get up the courage to go in.

He was ready to leave and rejoin Cobalt Kid, so he want to her door one more time. He reached out and put his hand on it, but still could not face her in this state. "Why am I drawn to you? I know nothing about you...I will come to see you when this is over, if I am still alive."

He turns and leaves to find Cobalt Kid.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Lardy wakes to see a strange sight out the window>

Was...was that a Lard-Bot flying by?!?! But...how?

<takes his spare Omnicom out that was brought at his request>

What?!? Someone hacked the Lard-Bot protocols?

Shit.

<tries signing in and overriding>

No luck! Shit.

But...who?!?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta get to the bottom of this...

<accesses a seperate program>

There...the Mark II exo-armor will be making its way here shortly.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy's omnicom goes off.

"Chief. Dev here. Any idea who could have activated the Lard Bots?"

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<responds> It wasn't me, Dev. I promise you. But right now, I'm not sure who did.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

"I believe you Lardy. But I had to ask. We're trying to get into where Question Lad thinks the person is, but there are four level of security and he's only gotten through one so far. No reports of anything bad happening coming through here, so I am holding back on just taking the LMBP approach and punching my way in. Hope your feeling a little better than the last time I saw ya. Call if you think of anything. Dev out."
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<Mark II exo-armor arrives, appearing as a small quarter initially>

<Lardy remembers his conversation with the neurologist>

"Remember, Chief...strict bedrest. No exertions. It's your only chance for a full recovery."

But...what If I use a special exo-armor. It'll be doing all the work, doc!

"It would still be your muscles within being strained, Chief. Moreso than if you were trying to walk. Such a degree of activity would likely worsen your condition! Possibly even kill you."

O-okay. Got it, doc. Strict bedrest.

<holds coin>

Legion World ain't gonna be terrorized by an insane terrorist and my own Lard Bots with me sitting here on my ass! "If this be my destiny..."

<grasps coin and it turns into liquid metal that coats his body and quickly forms into a sleeker version of the exo-armor he wore before...the Mark II>

This baby's got a razor-thin forcefield that coats its surface. It's state-of-the-art. I don't think the Bee will be able to burn thru this one so easily!

<goes to a hatch and flies off>

Heh. No obligatory property damage for the sake of a dramatic exit for this Chief of Security!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev brings Cobalt Kid and Chief Taylor to the emergency room.

"Keep me updated...I have more friends to find, and a ness to finish cleaning up."

With that he touches his friends on the shoulder and leaves to finish taking care of the Lard Bots.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<medics tend to him as he convulses>

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<As a nurse tends to Cobie she hears a whisper from his lips; she looks startled and moves closer, hearing it again; she puts her face right to his to hear it and suddenly Cobalt grabs her and kisses her!>

<At first startled, Night Nurse begins to deeply kiss back, jumping up on his bed!>

"Linda!"

<Dr. Gym'll walks in and Linda runs off embarrassed.>

I'm fine Doc, must have just passed out from the horror of a giant Lard Lad with a tail.

<Cobalt is covered and bruises and scratches which are slowly healing.>

How's Lardy? My healing power has proven completely ineffective to the Bee's toxin. All I can do is hope for the best for him.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"So...how are we going to explain this?" Question Lad asked. The two of them were sitting in the waiting room.

"We tell the truth. I lay out the possibilities for recovering his body and powers," Red Arrow said.

"Hmmm...do you really want to deal with him? Don't you think Chief Lardy will realize who this person is?" Question Lad asks.

"I don't know. I could also pull a favor with another family friend if things get difficult here," She smiled. "Shade still owes me for that imp mess a few weeks ago."

"Wait a minute. Shade the super-villain who killed Mr.Terrific? Who held Opal City hostage in what may be the most brillant if horrific siege ever?" Question Lad was curious.

"Yes, but he also gets bored with being a super-villain. So we have helped eachother despite the fact he is an archenemy," Red Arrow said.

"Just be careful Red Arrow. Don't let your mind be corrupted by such people who don't understand the difference between good and evil, justice and impunity. Most people sacrifice justice in favor of peace," He said.

"The patient will see you both now," The nurse said. The two faced eachother and walked into the room.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<Cobalt catches up on recent events to see what the status is on the Red Bee and what the property damage is.>

Someone is going to have to speak to Red Arrow about this. Lardy and Dev know her much better than I.

I'm also very proud of Question Kid for out-smarting her and making her see the light. He's really proving himself here, even though we've had our disagreements. He'll be crucial in taking down the Red Bee...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev lands on Medicus 2 to check in on his friends.

Wandders to Cobalt Kids room, and is glad to see him in relatively good shape.

"You look good. You haven;t by chance heard fro Timberwolf or hot Chick. They disappeared during the fight after they both got hurt, and I cannot find them anywhere. I even tried the Bunker, but it is locked, and the code I have does not work."

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<Lardy's doctor comes to Cobalt's room>

I'm afraid the Chief is declining, Mr. Cobalt. He went against my orders, and he's maxed out his nervous system, allowing the toxin to overpower him.

If we can't find an anti-toxin that will work, he may be gone within the day...

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.