Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Outsiders (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Outsiders
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Mystery Lad, I am thinking Grace is from Apokolips personally...or Genesis? That would be cool.

I have no idea who those clones are??? Aquaman clone? The bug guy possibly Martian Manhunter? I think I am wrong on them. Only other thing I can think of is some of the old Quality comics guys like Plastic Man? But the Red Bee never had bug powers? Oh well.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I can only speculate on who clones are - Beast Boy, Lagoon Boy, Black Canary, Firestorm, and lastly Plastic Man. I could be wrong, somehow.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I read # 39.

Clark's art remains excellent and I am enjoying the book despite the lack of Jade and Marvel Jr.

I'll also throw in a guess that Grace is a New God.

My only complaint about # 39 is that I would rather have seen the kool new Brotherhood recently featured in T.TITANS instead of the "clones".

Also, in T.TITANS, it is shown that the Brain and Mallah failed in their cloning attempts. When did that change?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So, Batman's coming back-- I suppose there'll be a name change to BATMAN & THE OUTSIDERS. Apparently, he'll pick from among these candidates

Nightwing
Boomerang

Katanna
Shazam

Thunder
Martian Manhunter

Metamorpho
Aquaman (new kid)

Grace
Wonder Woman

I've listed them in pairs because the solicits for the five issues in which the line-up will be set describe them as twosomes from which Batman will pick 'his' Outsiders.

Dick's already been confirmed (drat it! I *hate* Winick's Nightwing!) I think it'd be a mistake to oust Boomerang- but we know Bats has lingering trust issues, even if he's no longer the grim 'n gritty exemplar he once was.

I think it'd be a huge shock if WW actually became an Outsider, and if Grace stays, I'd bet that Thunder will, too. Shazam's presence doesn't even make sense- surely it'd be Freddie who'd be considered? And as Shazam, the former Captain Marvel would be too busy for membership in a second-tier team. So, Katanna's in.

Which leaves Metamorpho/Aquaman the most potentially unpredictable pairing. Of course, nobody's said that the membership's going to be *one* from each issue-- or that the members considered are only the ones listed here.

Anyway, unless Winick really sells his portrayal of Dick Grayson, I'm not sure how long I'll reading this. Maybe if they did something unexpected, like bringing back Technocrat or Faust or Windfall... or adding someone unexpected like Flamebird or *this* Earth's Duela or Molly Mayne Scott or Hero (from The Ravers)...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Check out the latest solicit. The cover has a number of distinct arms with Batman. Anyone care to start the guessing?
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
CJ, the arms? Well Metamorpho for sure. And I think the new Aquaman.

The others I am guessing are Nightwing, Grace, Thunder, Katanna.

I am missing one ain't I? While I've always enjoyed this title I am glad they are adding Batman personally and shaking things up a bit.

As for Aquaman? I want the new guy to be a superhero and leave the crown to Orin.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm thinking:

Katana - in the lower right
Cap Boomerang - just above her
Thunder - next up
Aquaman - top right
Grace - top left
Metamorpho - middle left
Firestorm? - lower left.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

CJ, i was expecting Firestorm to join the JLA with McDuffie coming on board. But he fits in with the Outsiders. I just wish it was my Firestorm.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So, this is cancelled with #50? I have to say, this has been bad for a looooooooong time. Real bad.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Given that it's right at the tail end of the whole "Batman takes over" thing, I wouldn't be surprised to see a relaunch very soon.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

A relaunch that's been relaunched before it was relaunched. Newsarama has a story on the recent BATMAN & THE OUTSIDERS title.

Dixon replaces Bedard replacing Winnick on OUTSIDERS

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

And the first issue is out this week, with #2 schedule in 2 weeks!
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Bedard was slated. I actually didn't care for the 5 of a kind mini all that much. BUT I loved the lineup they went with for the actual series!

Batman, Katana, Metamorpho (old schools), Grace & Thunder (in the background of sorts), and the great addition of Catwoman and Martian Manhunter! Awesome lineup!

You have the three of the original members that best fit the book Bats, Katana, Metamorpho, two of the Winick team that best fit the book and two additions that just make sense!

Then Bedard is gone! I don't mind. Dixon's first two issues are pretty good. But they are getting rid of Catwoman and Manhunter I hear! Why? I read it was DC editorial not Dixon. And it seems Geo-Force is going to join. GF doesn't really fit the team IMO.

Also artist change? I never heard of Julian Lopez but I loved his art in issue #1. Then the artist was changed to Carlos Rodriguez who I also liked and the inker may have smoothed the transition but Lopez rocked!

I understand DC editorial is trying to make each book more familiar by using the best known incarnation of that book's history. I agree to a point. That point is when you shoot yourself in the foot.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm as lost as you. I'm going to stick along for the ride and see what happens. You know the traditional comic book story where the team goes through hell, the line-up changes, a big story happens and then emerges different, but stronger at the end.

I feel like that's the real life story here with editorial and the creative team too [Big Grin] . I'm hoping it emerges as something enjoyable.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It had been a while since I had really enjoyed OUTSIDERS, after a long stint as one of my favorites. I bypassed all the recent 1-shots and haven't picked up the latest B&tO incarnation at all.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.