Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ML LSH:
It wouldn't be my choice at ALL, but they did confirm previously that they are up in a mountainy-type area, which was why they were surprised a zombie had found them.

And I guess they are nearby a water and food supply (the lake).

And I can see some appeal of being out in the open (LOTS more escape routes when there's no walls)... but me, I'd def. want to be indoors.

Yeah, parking an RV out in a National Forest or something actually makes quite a bit of sense. In a city you're going to be having food and especially fresh water supply problems pretty quickly, not to mention the concentrated population of the undead. One would think they would put up some more serious kind of perimeter alarm/defense system, however, especially after the walker showed up out there a day or so previously.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Episode 4: 5.074 million viewers.

Viewers aren't leaving this show at ALL. Sure would be nice if this leads to a faster-tracked Season 2... maybe starting in March or April. That would be nice.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/16/sunday-cable-ratings-the-walking-dead-sarah-palin-again-still-boardwalk-empire-drops-real-housewives-sonny-with-a-chance-kendra-much-mor e/72307

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I've officially got my wife hooked on this series even though she is not a fan of zombies at all and actually gets pretty scared each episode!

She totally is loving Rick, Glenn and Andrea, who are all my faves.

I really liked the latest episode and the stand-off in the city ended in a very Kirkman-esque way which was great.

The actor playing Jim nailed it and his performance all episode was terrific. Another character really shining on the show possibly more than the comics).

Rick being the man in the show = Rick being the man in the comics and I couldn't be happier.

Shane on the show continues to really win me over.

Can't wait for Carl to get that hat.

I have friends who would never pick up a comic book loving this show.

And did you see the Trade sales for Walking Dead last month? They're already through the roof. Kirkman gets like 5 times more for TWD trades than say, Alan Moore gets for Watchman (that is confirmed, it's likely much higher). The guy is going to be using hundred dollar bills to wipe up pee he accidently gets on the toilet-seat. Good for him!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Tay-LSH:
quote:
Originally posted by THE LABRADORIAN:
Great episode, i love the series as i did the comics. However, is it just me or does anyone else find the fact that you have a group of people who escape a nightmare to stay outdoors, no real protection and almost like they are camping. I guess i am old school but i find it ridiculous, you wouldnt stay outdoors and if you had to you would find something better then what they did.
Up and away is my motto.

Well, in their defense I'd say they're still learning the rules. While we have a wealth of zombie movies to draw from, they do not. (Darabont and Kirkman have referenced this in interviews.) As far as they knew, there was a relative lack of zombies out in the country compared to Atlanta and towns like Rick's. They're learning how most of us do: the hard way.
I am a huge fan of the comic (also enjoying the TV series) and it is my understanding that in their universe there is no zombie fiction before the disaster occurs. No fictional senarios to compare it to and as the other guy said "learning as they go". Personally, I would want to be behind some sort of heavy-duty barier though if I knew there were things out there that wanted to eat me... just my oppinion.
On another subject, still waiting to see if the show will be like the book in that any death and not just death by zombie bite results in becoming a zombie.

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting about the spike in trade sales, Des... I wouldn't have thought to check those, but it definitely stands to reason. I wonder what people coming into the comics whose introduction to TWD has been the AMC series make of the source material...

And let me echo the cheers for THE HAT! The scene with Amy was much more powerful than the comic, I think, much like the one in the premier with Rick returning to put the zombie out of her misery. Some of the acting has been hit or miss, but Rick, Andrea, Glenn and Jim have been standouts.

I really like Darryl of the new intros.

And favorite death so far: ED. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Shoot, I mis-reported earlier; Episode 4 had 4.8 million, still very good...

here's an article discussing the healthy ratings for all 4 episodes so far:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/22/the-walking-dead-ratings-still-lively-for-fourth-episode/73032

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
On another subject, still waiting to see if the show will be like the book in that any death and not just death by zombie bite results in becoming a zombie.

I'm pretty sure Amy will "rise" at the beginning of the next episode. I remember seeing a brief flash of a hand moving; pretty sure that's Amy.

I know what you mean, though, that deaths completely not zombie-related will still reanimate the corpse. But it's significant that Amy will (likely) rise after the trauma of her injury killing her, as opposed to the infection slowly killing her and then reanimating her. That rule was already established with Morgan's wife and, soon, with Jim. The survivors will link Amy's rise (and that of Ed and others killed in the attack) with being bitten.

In the books it wasn't until the prison that people died from non-zombie trauma, and the survivors learned no bite was necessary at all. I suspect the show will stay faithful to this idea, whether it shows up in the prison (if they go there) or at some other time. It also provided a great moment in the books as Rick realized he had to backtrack and take care of some unfinished business! If things go similarly for a certain character, I hope they replicate that moment.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I've officially got my wife hooked on this series even though she is not a fan of zombies at all and actually gets pretty scared each episode!

My wife's a fan of the show as well, but of course, it's one of my comics that she's been reading all along. She also likes Chew, American Vampire, Invincible, The Boys & Fables. I asked her recently, and she said TWD was her favorite of all of these.

She seemed devastated that the season is only running six episodes. Apparently, she hadn't realized that until last night. I explained to her that it's cable, the series is expensive, etc.

It's funny but zombies used to be her biggest monster movie fear. But I guess funnier takes like Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland helped ease her into it. She was instantly hooked on TWD and has watched 28 Days Later and even the excellent Dawn of the Dead remake recently.

(She still occasionally covers or averts her eyes during the really gory parts, though! [Smile] )

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
nomnomnom
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
I just rewatched the episode.... is that girl zombie saying 'brraaaaains, brraaaaains, brraaaaains' durring the attack?!?

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I certainly hope not. It wasn't represented in the closed captioning at any rate. I'm sure if she had been, all of us would have been bitching incessantly about it (well, me at least).

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Zombie of the week...

http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-season-1-episode-photos/episode-4-walker.php

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yeah she was ALL messed up.

--------------------

THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Zombie of the week...

" target="_blank">http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-season-1-episode-photos/episode-4-walker.php[/QB][/QUOTE]
nice
and she hasnt managed to bite off the tongue yet

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
My wife also likes it (although she really thinks the dialogue is very poor).

She had an interesting theory: Mearle managed to lure the zombies into the cube van and brought them up to the camp, that's why there were so many so close without Dale or anyone noticing them getting closer during the daylight.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.