Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Dieters Support Thread (Page 69)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75   
Author Topic: Dieters Support Thread
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Nothing in the way of excercise today BUT also eating very low-cal to make up for it.

I'll get back on the excercise tomorrow. Just enjoying a lazy day today.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Logged 11 minutes on WII Fit. Down 3 pounds.

Day has only just begun; I have a bit of yardwork ahead of me, which will surely raise up a massive sweat, and plan to do situps and more WII Fit later.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I started my diet 3 days ago. My diet plan is this: go vegetarian. I weighed 254 lbs (I am 6'3", btw) when I stared, and have lost a little over 6 pounds over the last 3 days. I have not really been hungry during my diet, although I do have an intense craving for a plate of nachos.

My diet is working because I gave up 3 things:

1) meat
2) bread
3) snacks

No more eating a big plateful of cheese & crackers while I watch TV.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Congrats Lance!

I had an out-of-nowhere craving for Funyuns a bit ago, so instead I cooked lima beans and added a bunch of diced onions to them. Eating 'em now, they're yum!

After this I gotta do some more WII, and situps and pushups!

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Lance, The diet I got from my doctor eliminates all carbs (although because I am a fussy eater, he lets me have a sandwich at lunch - light bread though) I can have meat but it needs to be leaner than lean. Basically turkey, chicken, & fish. I can have ground beef but only as long as it is 95% lean. The rule of thumb is no more than 30% of the calories can be fat calories.

I did the exercise bike today. 1 hour 17 miles 700 calories.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Lash, lima beans with some onions sounds really good! Thanks!

And if you give in on the Funyons, I'm a comin' over. I love those. Those, and the chicken-n-biscuit crackers!

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

The lima beans/onions totally got me past the Funyuns craving!!

So I logged a total of 24 minutes on WII and managed 35 sit-ups post-beans. Note to self: next time don't attempt sit-ups RIGHT AFTER eating.

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Ha! Hey, I was looking for veggie burgers tonight and came up empty at the local supermarket. Does anybody eat these? What brand do you recommend, and where do you buy them?
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ran the Saratoga Firecracker 4 mile run this morning... Furthest I've run in a very long time...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As some of you know, my life got very stressful this spring and, as such, I fell off the wagon big time. Since March I've gained over 20 pounds.

So it's back on WW I go. Once on it, it's not hard for me to stay on the diet. It's the exercise thing that's really tough for me. No matter what, it reminds of the bane of my childhood existence, PE class. I had a disastrous meeting with a trainer some time back. I'm sure she thought she was making a workout fun, not realizing that jumping jacks would remind me of one of the most humiliating times of my life.

Enough complaining. Now it's time to do something.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Trainers are people, meaning some know what they're doing and some don't, and everything in between, she just wasn't right for you.

OTOH, extremely few of them are psychic, so did you let her know that a particular exercise was depressing you?

Experience and education is important, and by experience I mean having gone through what you're going through (if possible). If she was a 20-something just entering the business who's never battled more than that one nagging pound, I would try someone else. A good one is very valuable.

And the closer he was to what you are and the closer he is to what you want to be, the better. But granted, you may not have the widest selection to choose from, so that ideal may not be available.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
At that particular gym, they only have two or three. My best friend is a regular there and he has done very well, but we have very different expectations. He wants a social place.

I think it may not be a bad idea to try to find a different gym, since I haven't been darkening that particular door.

[ July 06, 2011, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Right, the selection of trainers often doesn't provide the right fit for everyone. By all means do try another place.

What's your goal with working out though? Building some muscle or just reducing excess weight?

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I got a little good news yesterday. My employer just signed with a new health insurance provider and all employees had to take a screening. Although I am overweight, my overall health is good. The areas that were slightly high and all low enough that once I lose a little weight, they should drop to normal levels. My "healthy" cholesterol level was excellent, my fasting glucose was fine. The "health counselor" pretty much said that I just need to do what I've started doing for diet and increase my exercise.

Shiny, I'm honestly not sure what I'm looking to do. This isn't the place to go into my lifelong body image problems, but I know I have to do something. I'll keep everyone posted.

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

I officially hit the 10 lb mark today! Yay! I wanna take off maybe 20 more, so we'll see if I can stick it out.

The Wii fit says my ideal weight is 177 lbs, by the way. I am 6'3"! There is no way I can do that!

This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.