Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion on Smallville (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Legion on Smallville
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm moving this thread to Legion of Super Heroes In The 31st Century. As it's our other media forum.

(I'll add live-action and possibly movies to the description.)

[ August 19, 2008, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't know her name but the blond actress who plays the lead agent on "Chuck" would make a great Imra.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
And the two brothers on "Supernatural" would be good choices for Cos & LL.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
We had a thread I believe, casting a legion movie but my search didn't find it. Can someone link me please?

I've only watched Smallville through library DVD's. Ehhhhh, Lex is cool, and ... the kid with the weird wall? (names and me: don't mix) She's got personality. Pete I like but almost everyone else seems bland. Lois should not be bland. Now Clark, he's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek bland. C. Reeves portrayal is in my mind whenever I think of Clark and I think the new kid does it well, while showing his frustrations at, well being super.

The storyline seems repetitious? Kid ticked off for being bullied gains powers from a meteor piece and goes on a rampage against knuckleheaded jocks.... It has been very difficult for me to get into.

Legion might be just the spark it needs.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Becky Newton, who plays Amanda on Ugly Betty, should have a role. She could be either Imra or Dream Girl, or Light Lass, or Princess Projectra.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
A google image on Becky Newton posted a photo where she has a bit of a sneer. First image that came to MY mind was Emerald Empress.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
when will it be on? When?!? :gulp: I tried to google it but could not find it.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Darren Swimmer, one of the series' four new exec producers -

Last but not least, Swimmer confirmed an appearance by the Legion of Superheroes (not to be confused with the Justice League, although Swimmer also said they would love to have a storyline for Justice Leaguer Wonder Woman on the show). Regarding the Legion: "It's three superheroes, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad—although we might not use those names—on a mission from Superman in the future, who sends them back to help make things right."

See the rest here.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Good news: According to this week's issue of Entertainment Weekly, the Legion (or some version thereof) is going to make an appearance on this season's Samallville

Better news: No more Kristen Kruek! Finally! Oh how I loathed her.

Not sure how I feel about it news: Michael Rosenbaum is off the show too (probably got tired of shaving his head).

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I had lost interest in Smallville a couple of years ago. And seeing bits and pieces "Lana gets superpowers and goes after Lex" , The whole Supergirl character, etc. didn't make me want to start watching again. I don't know if the Legion (or their version) will be enough of a draw to get me back.

I didn't mind Kristen Kruek too much and Lord knows I did watch her for sex appeal. Losing Michael Rosenbaum will be a big loss. They will need a new antagonist.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Rosenbaum was the most interesting part of the show, IMO, and Kreuk was easy on the eyes but that was about it. Legion would most certainly give me reason to watch, even if they fubar it all up.

Preferably, they keep it simple. The founders (with their original names) come by for visit, play some jokes, induct Clark into their club.

An upside down rocket ship would be a bonus, because in a movie/tv show unlike a comic, they'd actually have to justify it. Lol. That should make the writers squirm a bit.

Longevity Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longevity Lad   Email Longevity Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I expected a Legion related Smallville episode would only feature the original 3, but the producers have an opportunity here with any eyes toward a future LSH project:have the trio report their successful arrival back to HQ and an awaiting handful of members gazing at a monitor. Shot properly (underlit, wide angle lens) it would not be prohibitively expensive but would introduce viewers to the concept that there are some pretty interesting characters there they would like to get to see in action someday.
Since we may not get to see the founders in costume (or using their codenames?)at all, I ask fans to implore the PTB with the rallying cry, "Give us a LEGION!"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
Darren Swimmer, one of the series' four new exec producers -

Last but not least, Swimmer confirmed an appearance by the Legion of Superheroes (not to be confused with the Justice League, although Swimmer also said they would love to have a storyline for Justice Leaguer Wonder Woman on the show). Regarding the Legion: "It's three superheroes, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad—although we might not use those names—on a mission from Superman in the future, who sends them back to help make things right."

See the rest here.
*facepalm*

why not just use the right names?! WHY WHY WHY? @____@ godddddd!!! it's like "USE THE RIGHT NAMES, EVERYONE WILL LOVE YOU"

is it a licensing thing?!!

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Seeing as how it's all within the WB, I don't see why there would be any licensing issues.
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
ohhh god.

upon relating this horror to my friends:

jake) didn't you see suzanne working at the library? that was saturn girl! she didn't use her powers or anything but...

kristen) that's like saying batman's going to be on it....but he won't be called batman.

ok well.

let's hypothesize what their executive approved names might be.

i say saturn girl will be ring girl, she'll throw rings at people.

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.