Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion on Smallville (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Legion on Smallville
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw a preview for it last night, and I'm pretty sure I saw Cosmic Boy in it.

Edit:
According to IMBD, Rokk is listed in the cast for "Doomsday", the season finale. Also in the list are Impulse (Bart Allen), Green Arrow and Black Canary. Whether or not any other Legionnaires will appear, I don't know.

[ May 13, 2009, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Spellbinder ]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
At last!
"Lois Lane and the Legion of Super-Heroes!"

[Tizzles]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:

[Tizzles]

Tizzles is so cute!
[Smile]

(If you went past the above spoiler by KK, I'm going to assume you want to talk about what happened on tonight's episode.)

Yah, Lois got the ring and the future.
(What is it with Clark and that ring?!)

I'd actually love for Lois to become a superheroine ~ if Lana can, why not Lois?!

More significately, for me, Jimmy's gone, Chloe is going to live in one incredibly beautiful Watch Tower and Clark has made another bad decision about his life.

I thought DC was kind of pushing that Superman has an almost infallible sense of the right thing to do?
He certainly is having trouble with that concept this year on Smalville (he'snever really been very good at decisions on Smallville, really)!

I haven't seen that the Kryptonian half of Davis was any better or kinder than the human side of him.
Both were confused killers.

I also haven't seen in the series, that the Kryptonians show any signs of rejecting their emotions or living isolated lives.
We've seen Zod, Ursa, Lara, Kara, Kara's evil father and Kal's father(voice/thoughts).
There's not a single Vulcan in the bunch!

[Confused]

The last 2 episodes have also introduced some form of the Kandorians. At least that's how I've interpreted those very short plot moments.

I thought that Kara left Earth to try to find them ~ it looks like they found Earth first.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
It would be nice if we could actually see Lois arriving in the 31st Century. Really, that could take up the entire hour. Do I remember correctly that someone on Legion World said that Brainiac 5 was going to appear?
Jimmy's death served no real purpose. It ended the human-Doomsday plot thread, but that could have been resolved in a number of ways. It also "outted" Clark to another one of his close friends, but was meaningless in the end. I guess it was just for shock value to boost ratings, rather that a commitment to good story-telling.
In all, though, it was the best episode I've seen in a while. I can't wait for next season!

For Candle:

[Tizzles] [Koko]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
It would be nice if we could actually see Lois arriving in the 31st Century. . .

Jimmy's death served no real purpose. . .

I guess it was just for shock value . . .

For Candle:

[Tizzles] [Koko]

I agree totally with all three of those statements!

And did you figure out what actually happened to Doomsday?
Clark ran him into a bomb or building or what?!

Those scenes were too dark and fast for my eyes to catch what happened.

Thanks for Tizzles and [Koko] !

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionboy
Ex Science Police/Honary Legionaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionboy   Email legionboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed with above about Jimmy's death. He didn't need to die. It seemed just like a cop out. You always know when someone will die when they find out about Clark's secret.

I'm also curious to find out what really happened to doomsday. It was waaaay to ambigous.

Also Lois in the 31st century is sweet. I always get so excited when I see the flight ring on Smallville. Coolest thing ever.

--------------------
There is no better Super Hero group to have ever been in comics than the Legion of Super Heroes.

From: BGTZL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I watched it and... mm, Rokk. You're still mature with your sexy facial hair. [Big Grin]

As for the rest-- ehhh. I have mixed feelings. I mean, Click Here For A Spoilerthe Doomsday climax was a total cop out, which pissed me off to no end. And the Click Here For A Spoilerchick fight between Lois and that Mercer woman was pretty ridiculous and sort of offensive, even if it did make for a convenient plot device to Click Here For A Spoilersend Lois into the future. I agree that I want to see her there, by the by-- that'd be cool. And Brainy! Could be super awesome. I will admit that I did like the reveal that Click Here For A SpoilerSmallville's "Jimmy" Olsen is not the Jimmy from the comics but (most likely or at least implied a little to be) his older brother. This works especially well IMHO because it sort of validates his relationship with Chloe and friendships with Clark and Lois without tarnishing the essence of comic!Jimmy.

Also, I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, but I really didn't "get" the ending. Click Here For A SpoilerWho is that guy that appears? Are we supposed to have any idea at all? What does that symbol mean? Ugh, I kind of don't care but I'm also annoyed by lingering curiosity. But whatever. I only watched to see sexy!Rokk, so I got what I really wanted in the first five minutes or so. [Wink]

By the by, remember when the three founders had no idea who Chloe was at all? Well, in keeping with comic mythology, I had a weird idea. What if something will happen a la the "silver age" Sentry so people, like, don't remember her or her contributions? That might be kinda cool. Or maybe she's got her own superheroine alias in the works. But, if that's the case, please let it be better than Stiletta. ><

Either way, that little factoid was curious to me and I hope there's some kind of payout with it. {Hey, a girl can dream, right?} Okay-- ramble off.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
With Lois getting sent to the future a la the flight ring, we are guaranteed to at least see some elements of 31st century life with our intrepid future teens.
She will no doubt assume she's dreaming (thinking she must have fallen and hit her head or something) the entire time she's there, but seeing more Legionnaires will be totally cool.
Seeing Cos again in the episode's teaser was just that... a tease.
I want more!!!!
LOL

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if the writers realize that they've mirrored the Silver Age with this bit? As much as I'd love to see the network jump right in to a Legion TV show it would also be incredibly cool if random Legionnaires were to pop up as plot gimmicks for a year or two just like in the classic Superboy stories.

Even as a kid I thought those were hokey but they were funny and offered a glimpse into something beyond the basics. The gimmicky plot device might even work better on the TV machine than in the books. I mean how cool would it be to have Jo Nah take a class with Clark at Metropolis JuCo?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
HEY HEY HEY, I'm FAT.

period. Well, not really yet, but getting there...
gotta start watching what I eat...

ANYWAY, I have a MAJOR, MAJOR Question: Can anybody who was at the SD comic-con (or who has reliable first-hand info of such) tell me if the Smallville season 9 promo showed any evidence of the Legion appearing?

I have seen versions of it on youTube, but all are too murky. I see a flash of Persuader hitting Clark with his axe, but it looks like it's the scene from season 8.

What I *do* know is that Geoff Johns is writing an episode again for season 9, but it will focus on the JSA..hence, I am concerned that my hopes for more Legion may not come to fruition.

I read somewhere that there might be a scene of Lois in the future...anything LEgion-ish there? Also, there is a blurry scene with a super-powered woman facing off against Clark, which looks like it might have Garth in the background, but I can't tell.

I have searched the 'net, and found a lots of info
about season 9, but nothing mentions the Legion.

Anyone know of anything I might be missing?

thanks!!!

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Just finished the Smallville commetary track of "Legion" with Johns. Nothing too astouding but he

Notes that the Legionnaires were originally meant to start fading away with pain ala "Back To The Future"

Wanted a coda set in the 31st Century with more Legionnaires

Wishes he could have written for Lois and Jimmy

Actually explains the "Sub" comment made by Rokk

Reveals he has the baseball signed by Clark for Garth at the end

Gives a shout out to Levitz

Wishes for more Legion episodes, but does not elaborate on the "Braniac Five" comment...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Well, we haven't seen much with the new season yet, that I can tell, but I missed the very first episode, so I don't know how Lois 'got back'.

She seems to have a memory issue about it, though, with a few blurry flashbacks.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm a little late to the party, but I finally watched the Legion ep of Smallville thanks to Netflix. Gotta say, I wasn't impressed.

First of all, the Legion's near eagerness to kill was incredibly out of character. Say what you want about early Adventure stories, but the Legion I've always known has been firmly against the taking of a life under almost any circumstances. And it wasn't just based on Superman's example; it was just because killing is wrong. I firmly believe that that's a core principle of the Legion and seeing the founders so ready to take a life without exploring other options turned me off totally. The fact that Garth and Rokk knew to disable Brainiac with an EMP, but didn't think to use a similar effect to remove or destroy it rang totally hollow to me. (Also, the shot of Clark stopping Rokk from stabbing Chloe was telegraphed so far in advance that I started wishing they'd just get on with it already so the story could get moving again.)

I was not thrilled by the casting of the Founders. Garth as awkward fanboy was totally lame. I'm all for seeing Garth display the kind of self-esteem issues that we saw in the early '80s (i.e. Garth coming to grips with the fact that he's just not the leader that either Rokk or Imra are), but to see him as the apparent novice next to the other two was really grating. The actor playing Rokk couldn't have been stiffer if he'd been dipped in plaster. Did that guy even smile once? I know Rokk has a kind of stodgy image with some Legion fans, but my earliest exposures to Rokk were in the Grell bustier (no pun intended on "exposures"). I just can't see a guy who would wear that costume as being that humorless and uptight. I thought the actress playing Imra was totally wrong for the part. Partly it was the makeup job, but honestly she was just too cutesy. I've never seen Imra as cute. She looked like a cheerleader when she should have come across as class president.

Persuader's appearance was fun, but how much cooler would the Legion's appearance on the show have been if this had been a one-off episode of them chasing the Fatal Five into the 21st century? Run it after the Brainiac arc was totally over and feature Brainiac 5 in the story as a tension point with Clark and bring another Legionnaire or two along for the ride. That would have entertained me far more than the three founders jumping to murder as the first solution to a problem.

I don't know. Call it an Elseworlds Legion if you like, but they sure weren't any Legion I recognized beyond the names and powers.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Has anybody heard of any more Legion appearances for this final season? I read the Smallville website and they only give teasers for the first 6/7 episodes or so, nothing on the Legion yet. With it being the final season I hope they don't forget the Legion and their importance to Kal-El's development into Superman.
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I have to say that Director Lad's post makes a lot of sense. He's particularly right that the Legion should have a core principle of not killing regardless of their association with Superman. (I did think it worked within the context of the story, however, that the Legion came to understand that they shouldn't kill because of Clark; it provided a nice character arc and illustrated the impact Clark has and continues to have on the Legion.)

Yes, it's an "elseworlds" Legion, just as Smallville is an "elseworlds" version of Superman. I'm so used to TV shows and movies changing aspects of source material that I could accept the Smallville LSH for what it was. The fanboy in me is thrilled when the Legion gets any kind of film exposure at all, and, in truth, the Smallville depiction wasn't bad, though it's not what we're used to. In some ways, Smallville LSH seemed truer to the spirit of the original LSH than the last few comic book versions have been. At least Smallville captured the gosh-wow enthusiasm of being teenagers with powers and getting to interact with their icon, Superman.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.