Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion on Smallville (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Legion on Smallville
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Rick. I appreciate you taking the time to send me the article (and fully writing it out no less!. I owe you.
Any news is good news when it comes to hearing about that upcoming episode. It should be great!

So thanks again.
Please come up to Canada and help yourself to as much snow as you want. It's on the house....
My house, my neighbours' houses, everyone's house!
[LOL] [LOL]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Michael on the Legion Ominicom has posted some clips for the episodes:
http://adventure247.blogspot.com/
The second has the Founders USING THEIR POWERS!

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
T-minus five days!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't stop laughing at rickshaw's quote about FEMA. I am so totally using that description to explain the Legion to the non-initiated from now on.

quote:
rickshaw channeling TV Guide

The Legion of Superheroes: It's FEMA, only with spandex and kicky boots !!

Thank You TV Guide, for making us laugh at love again !!

Also, I'm totally loving Saturn Girl's fingers-to-the-temple thing. It's gonna' be so cool when other Legionnaires show up in future eps. Like I totally see Cham in a mime costume, only with orange face paint. He'll probably have a French accent, too. (Hey, they're all Canadians anyway. It could work !)

Why is everyone looking at me like that ? [pout]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Korbal:
Michael on the Legion Ominicom has posted some clips for the episodes:
http://adventure247.blogspot.com/
The second has the Founders USING THEIR POWERS!

Thanks for posting Korbal.

Pretty cool clip of the Legion using their powers, especially the combined use of powers with Rokk and Garth (why didn't they ever do that in the comics?). The actors actually seem believable and play the roles well in the brief time we see them. The are completely heroic going up against Brainiac and act like the Legionnaries they're portraying. They ARE the founders.
It's going to be an awesome episode, no doubt!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
it's just weird seeing Rokk with a mustache,..i've always kinda pictured him as the clean cut one.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:
it's just weird seeing Rokk with a mustache,..i've always kinda pictured him as the clean cut one.

hmmm that would be a Mike Grell version where he showed the hairless chest.

I have seen a Keith Giffen version and a Stuart Immomen version - 5 o'clock shadow and fully bearded (as Polestar)...

I liked the latter.

So four more days to go!!!!

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
The two page TV Guide spread has a picture of the founders with Geoff Johns which I think is the same one that was in Wizard (maybe, I dunno) but the contrast is higher and you can tell that Saturn Girl has a "Saturn" symbol on her shirt under the jacket. That made me happy.
Also, they managed to get through a short paragraph on the history of the Legion comics without any glaring inaccuracies, and threw in a Curt Swan illustration of the founders with Superboy (uncredited, but still a good pick.)

I never have learned to post an image here, but if anyone who can will PM me an email address I'd be happy to scan for posting and forward.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
THREE MORE DAYS TO GOOOOOOO!!!!!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm looking forward to seeing the Legion on Smallville so much that I'd forgotten that Supernatural was also going to be on that night.

CRAZY!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
I'm looking forward to seeing the Legion on Smallville so much that I'd forgotten that Supernatural was also going to be on that night.

CRAZY!

XD I normally forget that Supernatural is on XD Man I can't wait to get some televised Legion-ey Goodness.
From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Two to go!

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

I'm trying to keep my expectations low for this, really. I'm glad to see the Legion finally making it into live action film but given the limitations of a t.v. budget I'm not expecting an abundance of cool action sequences. (Any bets on some Flight Ring usage?) Still, it's a start.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

ONe more day to go.....less than 24 hours!!!!!
matlock
Advisory

Ok, I saw some clips and I'm raising my expectations... I won't say anything else though for the spoiler-free types.
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.