Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » JSA Classified #2 cover (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: JSA Classified #2 cover
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
When I first saw this I asked what Saturn girl was doing with her right arm... but upon further review I see she's not punching Power Girl...

Imra's got a FISTFULL OF HAIR. How's that for a catfight.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
what I find interesting is that the image contains the 3 founding members. I wonder if this supposed to be a membership invitation that went really wrong?
From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
That's an interesting idea, wamu2. But, the solicitation mentions that this is a "reunion." Maybe they think they are meeting Supergirl again and get confused?
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

JSA CLASSIFIED #2

Written by Geoff Johns

Art and cover by Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti

The new series continues with a story shedding light on the origin of the mysterious Power Girl! On her way to Metropolis, Power Girl is confronted by three brave heroes from the far future. But the "reunion" is interrupted before it begins by the menace of Mordru! Meanwhile, a shocking new member of the Secret Society of Super-Villains is revealed.

On sale August 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

Hmm...so the Legion encuonters Power Girl *and* Mordru. He already knows that it's his fate to be trounced by the Legion 1000 years in the future. Could this be their first battle?

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
The Supergirl idea seems plausible, but...we know that PG is sometimes weakened by kryptonite. If she were a descendent of Kal-El she could have inherited (at least partially) his weakness to kryptonite. And is it still in-continuity that PG had more powers but lost them after getting a severe beating? If so, the half-breed Kryptonian idea seems ever more plausible.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
The Supergirl idea seems plausible, but...we know that PG is sometimes weakened by kryptonite. If she were a descendent of Kal-El she could have inherited (at least partially) his weakness to kryptonite. And is it still in-continuity that PG had more powers but lost them after getting a severe beating? If so, the half-breed Kryptonian idea seems ever more plausible.

half-breed Kryptonian. I can only assume the... huh conception process was handled very carefully.
From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjbrande
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjbrande   Email rjbrande         Edit/Delete Post     
Bah. I'm a huge PG fan, and a huge Legion fan, but these are just two great tastes that don't taste great together.

The Legion extracts itself once again from the continuous chaos that is the mainstream DCU, and then hooks up with the poster girl for "We have no idea what we're doing with continuity."

Nothing good can come from this.

Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Groovy. Sadly with the Legion being rebooted so many darn times and PG it may get sticky but atleast it sounds fun.

Definately Mordu is involved!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think she's Laurel Gand. I might be okay with that, if it's handled well. Can't wait to get this one...

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

well, I will reserve judgement until the I see how it all plays out. However, as a rule I really dislike the whole time travel theme in comics.

but, with the prevalance of time travel that has been poping up in DC books of late(Titans, JSA,Bats & Supes,etc) I guess it was bound to touch the legion revamp at some point.

my head already hurts from trying to understand all the posts here and elsewhere about what character power girl may turn out to be.(granted I am new and don't know much about legion history) but hey, maybe, just maybe it will turn out to be an elegant and sensible story.

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe there was a reason Waid name-dropped Rokynites in issue 3. That was the pre-Byrne world that was colonized by the enlarged population of Kandor. Sure, none of that stuff has happened in current continuity but who's to say it won't by the Legion's time? Personally, I think Kandor is still a pretty cool idea. I never really cared about Superman being the sole survivor of Krypton in the first place.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rurouni KJS
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rurouni KJS   Email Rurouni KJS         Edit/Delete Post     
Crap. Now I have to buy this.

--------------------
-- Still here to help.

From: ATL, fool!!! WHAT!!! | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a larger look at the cover:

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
well this has got me intrigued !! not sure how much of a good idea it is ??

but, with GEOFF JOHNS writing it, it should turn out pretty well !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I want no more Supergirl substitutes in the Legion! I want the real thing, dammit!

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.